The off topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of good movies, working our way through best picture winners. Kramer v Kramer is a decent flick. They don't make this sort of movie much anymore.
It’s a very good film. Hoffman and Streep are brilliant in that, as is the little kid.

Seeing the flaming lips tonight at Hammer Hall, apparently they put on a great live show so super keen. Loved them for over 20 years and im finally getting to see them live. Tick them off the bucket list.

Japanese for dinner too(at Kisume). Im getting spoiled.

Seen them a few times. Wayne is an incredibly entertaining front man, albeit a very average singer at times. Steven Drozd is very musically gifted.

Probably peaked for me with Yoshimi, but still bring little gems to the surface from time to time.

Saw it today. Phoenix is phenomenal. I liked that it didn’t feel forced into making it fit into that whole Batman universe.

95% of it doesn’t even seem like it’s a comic book movie. Which it wasn’t intended to be anyway, only a few references and character names here and there remind you that it’s set in the Batman lore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NBL quality of games so far this season has really gone up another notch. Third or fourth game I've seen so far and it's been very watchable

95% of it doesn’t even seem like it’s a comic book movie. Which it wasn’t intended to be anyway, only a few references and character names here and there remind you that it’s set in the Batman lore.
So who's the better Joker Glen? Ledger or Phoenix.

I haven't seen The Joker yet but it's will a tall task to get anywhere near Heath's performance.

So who's the better Joker Glen? Ledger or Phoenix.

I haven't seen The Joker yet but it's will a tall task to get anywhere near Heath's performance.

I never really get involved in these types of comparisons, the two incarnations are so different that they’re actually incomparable. It’s like asking me which is my favourite Joker storey line from his ~80 year history. I appreciate many of them and enjoy the depictions for what they’re trying to do.

My best answer to your question is to see it for yourself and enjoy the magnificent performance he delivers in this.

Recently watched the first John Wick movie. And just finished the second. Really enjoying them. It’s like a modern day Commando movie, the s**t he’s able to do with such minimal damage suffered and the body count he leaves behind is ridiculous.

He gets run over by a car in the sequel, twice actually. But gets up, walks it off, and continues with his headshot kills. Just sensational viewing.

Recently watched the first John Wick movie. And just finished the second. Really enjoying them. It’s like a modern day Commando movie, the s**t he’s able to do with such minimal damage suffered and the body count he leaves behind is ridiculous.

He gets run over by a car in the sequel, twice actually. But gets up, walks it off, and continues with his headshot kills. Just sensational viewing.
JW 2 and 3 are decent but original John Wick is a modern day action classic. It's entered the realms of all time best action films with stuff like Die Hard etc it's that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back