Which premiership team had the most dominant finals series (criteria AFL era)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes thats right I had thought of making it recent but it was late and I had been drinking.

It was actually a legit question, I was too lazy to do a search on.

I dont think anyone will beat Essendon 2000 either way, 3 big wins and a total winning margin that out did Geelongs 2007 total margin by 2 points.
Fair enough

The drinking may also explain the scores quoted in your OP and the margins. Not one adds up.😉

QF: 124 to 62 = 62 point margin

PF: 120 to 79 = 41 point margin
(Mind you, we were up by 81 points at the 12 minute mark of the 3rd and took the foot off the pedal)
4EF74D46-5498-41B2-90B2-655FEACA13BA.jpeg

GF: 108 to 52 = 56 point margin

Last edited:
Created by a Richmond fan who is still upset that fans of other clubs are not giving them the credit Richmond fans think they deserve.
Created to drag flogs like you in champ, worked a treat,.mention Richmond and the whingers come a running

If you bothered reading, credit has been allocated to the Ess 2000 team, now run along dont you have a NRL grand final to go to.

Last edited:
Not even close. Silly thread.

Just beat a limp Giants and a soft Crows after a massive leg up by the AFL this year and the refs in 2017.

Flopped against a decent side in 2018.

Two of the softest AFL flags in the modern era.
Your angst is noted.

Had your team not choked against Hawthorn maybe we would have had better opposition, we did our bit where were the Eagles?

Thanks for your totally off topic post now move along and enjoy your memories of last years flag, won against a side that loses GF's for fun.

Not even close. Silly thread.

Just beat a limp Giants and a soft Crows after a massive leg up by the AFL this year and the refs in 2017.

Flopped against a decent side in 2018.

Two of the softest AFL flags in the modern era.

Not trying to be a dick, but you seem to have a thing for phallic references.

QF: 124 to 62 = 62 point margin

PF: 120 to 79 = 41 point margin
(Mind you, we were up by 81 points at the 12 minute mark of the 3rd and took the foot off the pedal)
View attachment 759450

GF: 108 to 52 = 56 point margin
That puts you just behind the Hawks in 2008 I think and just in front of Richmond 2019 by 3 points, still Essendon 2000 for the win though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Threads like this is exactly why people don't like Richmond fans.
Its a legitimate question champ why does it rustle your jimmies.

If you read we have now found the following

1 Ess 2000
2 Hawks 2008
3Coll 2010
4 Rich 2019
5 Rich 2017

Geelong while having a brilliant 2007 series miss as they only beat Collingwood by 5 points in one of the finals, so not a dominant win although their points difference for the series sits at number 2.

Last edited:
I'm always reluctant to call anything categorically better than anything else based on just one measure like score difference.

There's no doubt our last 2 premiership years have been dominant finals campaigns however, among other campaigns from other teams though that have been dominant as well. They sit amongst each other but probably needs more than one measure used.
I read an article about our two dominant finals series, by that I mean dominating each game just wanted to know how they compared ignoring opposition etc, so far we sit 4th and 5th but there still may be others better.

Of course mentioning Richmond stirs up much angst but it was meant as a legitimate question.

As I say it leaves the great Geelong 2007 side out as they won one final by only 5 points so not dominant in all of thier finals in that series.

Basically I was too lazy to research it myself.

We are the biggest club in the land. Us supporters do what we want

Get used to it.

So why do Richmond fans keep creating threads like this as this sort of thread screams the need for validation. If you were truly comfortable then threads like this would not be necessary. Richmond fans seem like the instagram girl who is secretly super insecure and needs those hundreds of likes in order to feel any sense of self worth. Collingwood fans may be the girl with only one tooth but she is confident and happy with who she is.

If you
The constant need for validation from supporters of other clubs is equal parts amusing and sad.
If yoi could read you would understand that no validation is being looked for just a legitimate question.

This is why my list now has your clubs 2010 finals above us and Essendons 2000 and Hawthorns 2008 above you.

Now either supply information or move along as you are off topic and your angst at your clubs failure to beat a team that we beat by 89 points is standing out like dogs balls.

So why do Richmond fans keep creating threads like this as this sort of thread screams the need for validation. If you were truly comfortable then threads like this would not be necessary. Richmond fans seem like the instagram girl who is secretly super insecure and needs those hundreds of likes in order to feel any sense of self worth. Collingwood fans may be the girl with only one tooth but she is confident and happy with who she is.
There was an article yeaterday about our two dominant finals series so I thought I would find out how dominant they were but was to lazy to do the research.

Currently sitting 4th and 5th which is fine.

Why do you find a need to put down any thread related to Richmond is the question you should be asking yourself.

We say what we like. What you are taking from the thread is wrong. i could easily say the problem lies with your insecurity in what you read. But when you're premiers you dont really care how people 'feel'.

It's the secretly insecure ones that tend to go the extra mile. While the Collingwood fan just wants petrol money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back