List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Footscray and am glad they survived.
The truth is though that many clubs would perish without the current policy of AFL contributions.
Dogs got $16 million last year
No argument jmac too many teams and the talent pool isn't deep enough to support them. AFL has changed to suit the circumstances - players are fitter and more robust now and athletically far superior but the talent only goes about 5 players down from the top across the competition.

Just too many teams.

I would think about it.

I wouldn’t

I would follow local footy.......hopefully the Pies had a team and played at Vicky Park.

You maybe right but I think the AFL looks for any reason to get an outcome which suits them.

In this case I think they are using the poor Rich offer against the good GC offer & using the disparity for their desired outcome.

Their formula has a "we'll do anything we want" clause.
I think the Afl is probably one of the most corrupt bodies to organize football anywhere in the world,they change their rules continually albeit usually at the end of the season.
I think they also make it up as they go along,a massive lack of transparency ie doing something for someone and then doing not the same for someone else,lack of consistency in their decision making and a lack of scrutiny about how they arrive at their decisions.

I do not think they can be trusted at all the AFL,it went to S--- under Demetriou and I don,t think it has ever recovered.

Rant over.

I think the Afl is probably one of the most corrupt bodies to organize football anywhere in the world,they change their rules continually albeit usually at the end of the season.
I think they also make it up as they go along,a massive lack of transparency ie doing something for someone and then doing not the same for someone else,lack of consistency in their decision making and a lack of scrutiny about how they arrive at their decisions.

I do not think they can be trusted at all the AFL,it went to S--- under Demetriou and I don,t think it has ever recovered.

Rant over.
It all went to s**t when the clubs handed over their autonomy to the AFL without a whimper.

When the VFL first started up the administrative body was there to SERVE the clubs in the promotion and organization of the game.

NOW

The clubs are the pawns that the AFL moves where they will.

There is no transparency or accountability for this obscenity that does the bidding of corporate entities and betting agencies.

Even the game times are dictated by the idiot media to suit THEIR purposes.

I'M FKIN DONE WITH IT BIG TIME!!

I will support my club with all my heart but the AFL can go and get fked.

jonbe54 we follow a Pub competition.

They make rules on the run.

Exhibit A = Buddy

Punishing Sydney Swans without an explanation because they “wanted” Buddy to go to GWS is a prime example.

No argument jmac too many teams and the talent pool isn't deep enough to support them. AFL has changed to suit the circumstances - players are fitter and more robust now and athletically far superior but the talent only goes about 5 players down from the top across the competition.

Just too many teams.
To me, the big issue is that salaries are just ridiculously high.

Where is st kilda getting all this money lol

Come on Jen you haven’t been following bigfooty long enough....it’s all Gubby’s fault.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Contracted for 2020.

From memory there was talk he was considering his options last off season; due to limited opportunities. Contract for 2020 or not he may well do that again as he still really didn’t get much of a run this year. He’d hold little trade value to us though if he wanted to leave.

Hopefully he persists, works hard over pre season and we get to see him and his brother play together in Black and White in a few years time.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

jonbe54 we follow a Pub competition.

They make rules on the run.

Exhibit A = Buddy

Punishing Sydney Swans without an explanation because they “wanted” Buddy to go to GWS is a prime example.
I don't mind it. They're unable to write a rule that isnt easily exploitable. Thus I'd prefer them to rewrite them on the run than allow the exploited advantages that occur under their poorly written rules.

I don't mind it. They're unable to write a rule that isnt easily exploitable. Thus I'd prefer them to rewrite them on the run than allow the exploited advantages that occur under their poorly written rules.
I do mind it - the game us older supporters grew up with and loved has been destroyed by half wits who couldn't write a decent rule if their lives depended upon it.

I do mind it - the game us older supporters grew up with and loved has been destroyed by half wits who couldn't write a decent rule if their lives depended upon it.
I don't think the clubs are blameless though. Once we moved to a governing body system, they stopped acting like a league and started acting like dodgy accountants looking for a loophole to exploit.

I don't think the clubs are blameless though. Once we moved to a governing body system, they stopped acting like a league and started acting like dodgy accountants looking for a loophole to exploit.
The first move was the determinant though - abrogating our rights to a bunch of accountants and flogs was an incredibly stupid move.

Rant over.

Totally agree. Ross Oakley was the brains behind the AFL. Got buy in from the respective club presidents. Was a real visionary but did it all with integrity and professionalism.

The administration has been poor ever since. There hasn’t been a true global search for a new AFL CEO. It just seems to be handed over to those internally.

‘Integrity and professionalism’.....the AFL administration does not abide by those two characteristics.

To me, the big issue is that salaries are just ridiculously high.

Pardon? We’re talking a $1 billion + industry with the highest paid players wage having not increased in quarter of a century and the CEO’s wage now a quarter of a club’s entire salary cap yet player wages are ridiculously high? The AFLPA have done a piss poor job, IMO.

To be blunt anyone talking mergers and relocations has no idea. To accurately predict the future AFL landscape you need to follow the money and there’s no money in club rationalisation. By the end of the next decade the competition will be 20 teams and aiming toward a 20 round H&A season. There is 0.0001% chance that GC will be relocated outside of QLD and Tasmania will have a stand-alone team.

Totally agree. Ross Oakley was the brains behind the AFL. Got buy in from the respective club presidents. Was a real visionary but did it all with integrity and professionalism.

The administration has been poor ever since. There hasn’t been a true global search for a new AFL CEO. It just seems to be handed over to those internally.

‘Integrity and professionalism’.....the AFL administration does not abide by those two characteristics.

Ask Fitzroy supporters what they think of Ross O.

The first move was the determinant though - abrogating our rights to a bunch of accountants and flogs was an incredibly stupid move.
I think you're right. Once there is a separate governing body putting rules in place, we seem to be hard wired to try to exploit them in a way we wouldn’t if we were the ones agreeing on the rules. Thus, rule making governing bodies should be avoided unless scale makes it unavoidable. 18 members shouldn't make it unavoidable. But we are where are. We've got 18 members all creatively looking for loopholes to exploit. Like the govt with tax laws, the AFL are left continually scrambling to close loopholes, whilst accidentally opening up new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back