List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The list manager is akin to a HR director who would be on hundreds of thousands at a $50m company. Hell I know for a fact a HR manager within a certain government department is on more than the average AFL wage (which is a pisstake for the role they fill). Trust me on this one AFL salaries aren’t high and the primary reason is because the funding of grass roots footy which doesn’t happen in other similar sized industries.

Anyway I’m out because there’s only so many ways I can explain this for you to not take it on board and economics is not what I want to be discussing on my Sunday afternoon...
I understand what you are saying. The difference is that economically you're viewing size as only measured by revenue.

It's the only not for profit industry around that treats revenue as its most important aim. It's lost the plot and salaries are a big factor in that. AFL is in a spiral of rising salaries and hiring more off-field staff. Thus all decisions are being made with the aim of raising revenues. Salaries are being pegged to revenues. Thus when we raise revenues we also raise salaries and hire more staff (to produce the same product), therefore we need to raise more revenues, etc. None of it is making the game better, clubs more successful (there can still only be one premier a year) or enhancing the spectator experience - except for the original decision to sell tv rights, but you would have gotten that outcome by just giving them away.

Not sure, but i imagine a fair chunk will go to Brad Hill. But I'm not sure what their players would be on. And Jack Steven likely to be moving to Geelong.

They'd have plenty of cash in my opinion

So what is the mail on Darcy Cameron. Is he any good. I've not watched him play. If we are into him what will it cost and what/who's role will he be playing (Cox??)

So what is the mail on Darcy Cameron. Is he any good. I've not watched him play. If we are into him what will it cost and what/who's role will he be playing (Cox??)

Only Played 1 game at Swans. Last year was 2nd in the NEAFL MVP. Played 11 games this season missed because of Calf Injury.

He be Similar role to Cox as a KPF/2nd Ruck.

Kicked 28 Goals last year in NEAFL and 38 Goals in his Final Season before being Drafted in the WAFL.

Shown his Potential at State League Level but not had the Chance at AFL Level yet

Should cost no more then a 3rd Round Pick

Only Played 1 game at Swans. Last year was 2nd in the NEAFL MVP. Played 11 games this season missed because of Calf Injury.

He be Similar role to Cox as a KPF/2nd Ruck.

Kicked 28 Goals last year in NEAFL and 38 Goals in his Final Season before being Drafted in the WAFL.

Shown his Potential at State League Level but not had the Chance at AFL Level yet

Should cost no more then a 3rd Round Pick
Of no fault of his own, just was behind a few rucks/forwards in that team.

Just checked out the AFL site. Apparently we are getting Darcy Cameron.
Who is that?
He's a dairy farmer. He's doing it tough due to rising irrigation prices, so he's decided to give AFL a shot.

The club felt the pressure of us demanding they get Cameron, so they're getting the only Cameron we can afford.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True. Though they also were not Exacly Domiante Rucks like Grundy or Gawn either
No, they weren't, but still not ones that had reason to take out of the team. Most teams don't care whether their rucks are dominant are not, because it doesn't often influence a game unless you are to advantange to centre clearances.

No, they weren't, but still not ones that had reason to take out of the team. Most teams don't care whether their rucks are dominant are not, because it doesn't often influence a game unless you are to advantange to centre clearances.

Well with us having Grundy we probably more see Cameron as a KPF then a Ruckman

Of no fault of his own, just was behind a few rucks/forwards in that team.

There is a NEAFL video and he seems to like grabbing the ball out of the ruck ala Grundy.

A few years (maybe 2017?) ago iirc he had a massive pre season and was pushing for a game.....not sure what happened after that. Can’t remember if he was injured.

His only afl game was against the Suns so hard to take anything from that - although I think that was the game that the Suns beat them at the scg lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think he’s pulling your chain there mate.
Disagree, he talked to McClure on a mobile phone, Nixon's phone I believe.

Are we ever gonna move on from last year's thread into a new one? This year's trade period opens tomorrow after all!

No One is Stopping anyone from Starting a New One for this year

Part 4 can be found here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back