Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

kallangur pie

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Totally agree. Ross Oakley was the brains behind the AFL. Got buy in from the respective club presidents. Was a real visionary but did it all with integrity and professionalism.

The administration has been poor ever since. There hasn’t been a true global search for a new AFL CEO. It just seems to be handed over to those internally.

‘Integrity and professionalism’.....the AFL administration does not abide by those two characteristics.
Ross oakley and Jack Hamilton they both had integrity but it went downhill after that.

Nixon can use a phone?
It's a work in progress.

giphy.gif

Wouldn't surprise me if the first trade to go down is Frost to Hawthorn.

Hawks have a history of doing things quickly, and Melbourne will want to know their draft hand to get Ed Langdon.

Both Geelong and Hawks are known to not muck around like other teams during Trade Period.

And another prediction... just about every club will face the media on their way into Marvel Stadium tomorrow, a fired up Dodoro included.

Meanwhile Trade Radio will mention that the Collingwood staff have walked in and walked straight past them.

Happens every time 😂
Leaves you on tenterhooks. Can't wait for the Darcy Cameron cliff hanger plus lots of no comment.

Having said that, due to salary cap, I actually have a feeling that we may trade out a couple of unexpected guys that are in or around the 22, particularly if we re-sign Elliott.

Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Both Geelong and Hawks are known to not muck around like other teams during Trade Period.

True but the Cats won't be rushing the Kelly one. They've only had 52+ weeks to discuss it with WCE, but I'm sure it'll still go to the final day.

It'd almost crush the AFL if the Kelly trade happened day one. So much potential speculation on Trade Radio would go begging.

I'm fact it wouldn't surprise me if the AFL advised them not to finalise anything until late!

What is people's take on the Daniher trade? Will he go for a bomb due to talent? Or be cheap due to injury issues? Will it go through?

Like us with Moore if he had've requested a trade last year, I think the Bomber supporters will want to tear the place down if they don't get the talent price of Daniher, which is extremely high. Dodoro is on a bit of a hiding to nothing. I can see it being a trade that doesn't get over the line.

Go Woods

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Leaves you on tenterhooks. Can't wait for the Darcy Cameron cliff hanger plus lots of no comment.

Having said that, due to salary cap, I actually have a feeling that we may trade out a couple of unexpected guys that are in or around the 22, particularly if we re-sign Elliott.
I'd be comfortable putting Sharenburg, Thomas & Wills on the table, get us another 2nd round draft pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be surprised if WHE and Aish are put on the table either.

Not WHE rates way to highly watch him come back better then ever after a preseason

Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
What is people's take on the Daniher trade? Will he go for a bomb due to talent? Or be cheap due to injury issues? Will it go through?

Like us with Moore if he had've requested a trade last year, I think the Bomber supporters will want to tear the place down if they don't get the talent price of Daniher, which is extremely high. Dodoro is on a bit of a hiding to nothing. I can see it being a trade that doesn't get over the line.

Can almost guarantee that Essendon will be waiting to see what Sydney get from Carlton (or whoever trumps them) for Papley and whether it's pick 9.

Assuming it is, Essendon will then ask Sydney for 5 and 9.

Will probably end up being pick 5 and a whole heap of swaps in favour of Essendon (Sydney's pick 25 for Essendon's 31, etc.)

That's my opinion anyway.

Go Woods

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
WHE has x-factor and had an injury riddled season this season.

Agree with others you could put Wills, Aish, Crocker and Scharenberg on the table.

Can't imagine it will attract too much interest however.
Reckon Sharenburg will be traded as he is surplus, perhaps involving J Jenkins.

WHE has x-factor and had an injury riddled season this season.

Agree with others you could put Wills, Aish, Crocker and Scharenberg on the table.

Can't imagine it will attract too much interest however.

Crocker will be De-Listed and other 3 better off Keeping.

How about we trade Josh Thomas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back