NRL 2019 NRL Grand Final: Sydney Roosters v Canberra Raiders

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey, at least we're getting the end of game celebrations these days in Melbourne (not sure where you are!). Wasn't that many years ago that we'd be watching repeats of Friends or the Big Bang Theory thirty seconds after the whistle had blown!

Mrs Cordiner's a bit of all right.

Yeah, they have. It came off his head/shoulder. Was 5th tackle. And was called multiple times after the initial 6 again was called (took some time).

None of this is relevant.

You've got a stadium of over 80,000 people, you can't hear the call. You see the waived fist and you act on that.

Even if he then corrects himself and holds the palm/5 fingers up, it's still a joke, because once you've seen the 6-again action you're not checking back in with him assuming he's a dumb * who has made a mistake and is then trying to correct himself. You can't change your mind part way through the play.

For the guy who is supposed to be the best in the game - which is why he was officiating the grand final - it's absolutely ******* unforgivable, and the Raiders were absolutely ****ed by it.

However the Raiders only scored once up to that point....no guarantee they would of done anything more even with an extra set.....best team still won. The game was gone when Leilua did not pass to his unmarked winger imo.

I guess that's the point, isn't it? While it's valid to say we only scored 1 try in 80 minutes, I don't agree that the best team won.

The Roosters 2 tries came after the debacle at the end, and from an advantage they got for their own trainer being in the way. Which invalidates the point that the Raiders "only" scored 1 try, because a Raider would suggest that the Roosters didn't score any legitimate tries.

However the Raiders only scored once up to that point....no guarantee they would of done anything more even with an extra set.....best team still won. The game was gone when Leilua did not pass to his unmarked winger imo.

The amount of points on the board does not diminish the responsibility of the referees to make competent decisions

Indeed, it isn't. What is relevant is that the Raiders had 80 minutes to score more than one try. And couldn't. So the Roosters are the premiers. Their defence won it for them, and they were the best side on the night either way.

The runner deflected the ball in the field of play.
Was on the field in the first three minutes.
There should have been some adjudication in favour of Canberra.
Amateur hour.

You're wrong. The decision was the right one, but we agree it needs a tweak.

Can someone who actually understands the rules and the actual game critique the bunker's call on the possible penalty try?

Did they get that decision right?

I don't know League well enough but seeing as though Cronk was the only person between the Canberra forward and the try line. How can they make that decision?
It has to be CLEAR CUT that he would've scored ( which , if anyone had watched the Raiders all year , they'd know he's been on a ******* rampage since post-origin and was ALWAYS going to score )

Indeed, it isn't. What is relevant is that the Raiders had 80 minutes to score more than one try. And couldn't. So the Roosters are the premiers. Their defence won it for them, and they were the best side on the night either way.
*Roosters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Truly awful look for the NRL, this is the one game that neutrals and non-league fans will tune into and they witness this farce

You've got a stadium of over 80,000 people, you can't hear the call. You see the waived fist and you act on that.

Even if he then corrects himself and holds the palm/5 fingers up, it's still a joke, because once you've seen the 6-again action you're not checking back in with him assuming he's a dumb fu** who has made a mistake and is then trying to correct himself. You can't change your mind part way through the play.

For the guy who is supposed to be the best in the game - which is why he was officiating the grand final - it's absolutely ******* unforgivable, and the Raiders were absolutely f’ed by it.

I guess that's the point, isn't it? While it's valid to say we only scored 1 try in 80 minutes, I don't agree that the best team won.

The Roosters 2 tries came after the debacle at the end, and from an advantage they got for their own trainer being in the way. Which invalidates the point that the Raiders "only" scored 1 try, because a Raider would suggest that the Roosters didn't score any legitimate tries.

Maybe, however the biggest error still came from one of your own players...anyway, commiserations, they certainly had enough opportunity to have that game put away before the 6 again error, Roosters defense was just too good an that won them the game.

You're wrong. The decision was the right one, but we agree it needs a tweak.

I'm not even convinced it was the right decision.

The attacking team gets the advantage, right?

Except in this situation we were at the 6th tackle and they'd made the kick that had been charged down and the ball was going in the opposite direction - so they're no longer the attacking team.

If it's a grey area of the rule, I guess there's not much you can do. But I'm blown away if the intent of the rule is that the team who've kicked on their 6th tackle get the advantage cos their own trainer got in the way.

The amount of points on the board does not diminish the responsibility of the referees to make competent decisions
That is not in question

Except in this situation we were at the 6th tackle and they'd made the kick - so they're no longer the attacking team.

It's where they are on the field. It's a strange one, but was correct.

One I remember (was many years ago) was a team coming out of defence (inside the 25m) and it was passed into the ref. The scrum feed went to the other side.

I am not wrong.
It is amateur hour to have a runner in the field of play deflecting the ball.

Runners in the NRL have gradually become part of the team, may as well have a jumper on, hopefully this will be the catalyst to get them off the damn field .. so at least some good might come out of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back