Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is the contract on the table by the club who is losing the player part of it. I seem to remember it might be but i am getting old. If the tiges were only offering 300k a year for say 3 years etc it all makes a lot more sense.

Is the contract on the table by the club who is losing the player part of it. I seem to remember it might be but i am getting old. If the tiges were only offering 300k a year for say 3 years etc it all makes a lot more sense.
I thought it was just the contract being offered by the new team. Could be wrong. I doubt Richmond would have had much to offer regardless

Its a combination of contract offered and age. The AFL can change compo if they deem it not suitable. I think that is what has happened here. The reigning premiers receiving a first rounder for an average player wouldnt look good. Especially after getting a few free agents lately

I thought it was just the contract being offered by the new team. Could be wrong. I doubt Richmond would have had much to offer regardless

I thought it was both plus age and whether or not restricted or unrestricted. Either way tiges fans going to feel ripped off. In saying that they got lynch for free last year and it was probably the tipping point in them getting the premiership this year.

James Worpel wins Hawthorn’s best and fairest at age 20.

We picked Anus

edit: oh, keyser already posted this (in the trade thread?)

Last edited:

I found this interesting. Freo are in rebuild mode but the average age of their top 5 B&F is the oldest of the 18 clubs

So their best players are still their oldest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I found this interesting. Freo are in rebuild mode but the average age of their top 5 B&F is the oldest of the 18 clubs

So their best players are still their oldest.

North are in a similar boat. They probably have several more years of pain ahead - I think Shaw has been setup for failure big time.

More confirmation of the purple basketcase.

2 of their top 5 want to leave, after the winner last year left.

If it wasn't so hilarious, I'd almost feel bad for them.

nothing to do with big head Fyfe though
besides the top 2 that top 10 for freo is embarrassingly bad

There's random Tigers fans reading through this thread it seems. Just why?
THey think we are salty because we lost or something, but in fact we are criticizing the flagrant positive bias the VFL has towards the large VFL clubs. Its an interstate thing, they will never get it living in Vic bubble.
At the risk of earning a day off, I'm going to toss a truth bomb here.
You get to play all of your 11 home games at your home ground. Richmond play 10.
Of your 11 home games, 1 of them is a neutral game with no home ground advantage.
Of Richmonds 10 home games , 5 of them are neutral games with no home ground advantage.
Of the remaining teams we play at home, they play 3 to 6 games a year at our home ground. So even when we do have a home ground advantage, it is nowhere near yours.
When Eagles lose a player to free agency you get a full band higher compensation for a player offered a similar contract.
Not to mention that AFL introduced 3 new rules this year specifically designed to "Bring Richmond back to the field"
Richmond developed it's current team when the AFL were giving away almost all first round picks to interstate clubs, despite Richmond being clearly the worst club in the AFL (in 2010 commentators were predicting we would win a single game for 2 years) When an interstate club (Gold Coast) is in a similar, but not even as bad position as Richmond were, the AFL gives them multiple first round priority picks and a raft of other concessions.

The reason that some Tigers come on here is because some of us find it mildly amusing that you're the ones whinging. Your heads would explode if the AFL treated you like Richmond.
Richmond's recent premierships are amongst the hardest earned in the entire history of our game. Any disputing that fact is just delusional denial of the demonstrably obvious.

You get to play all of your 11 home games at your home ground. Richmond play 10.
Of your 11 home games, 1 of them is a neutral game with no home ground advantage.
Of Richmonds 10 home games , 5 of them are neutral games with no home ground advantage.
Of the remaining teams we play at home, they play 3 to 6 games a year at our home ground. So even when we do have a home ground advantage, it is nowhere near yours.
When Eagles lose a player to free agency you get a full band higher compensation for a player offered a similar contract.
Not to mention that AFL introduced 3 new rules this year specifically designed to "Bring Richmond back to the field"
Richmond developed it's current team when the AFL were giving away almost all first round picks to interstate clubs, despite Richmond being clearly the worst club in the AFL (in 2010 commentators were predicting we would win a single game for 2 years) When an interstate club (Gold Coast) is in a similar, but not even as bad position as Richmond were, the AFL gives them multiple first round priority picks and a raft of other concessions.

The reason that some Tigers come on here is because some of us find it mildly amusing that you're the ones whinging. Your heads would explode if the AFL treated you like Richmond.
Richmond's recent premierships are amongst the hardest earned in the entire history of our game. Any disputing that fact is just delusional denial of the demonstrably obvious.

Jesus Christ.....

You mob would seriously have to be the most insecure premiership winners in history. Is there a single offseason thread left on this website without a Tigers supporter in it "educating" everyone on why the 2019 flag is, like, totally legit?

Just go and enjoy it. Im sure the AFL will find a reason to allow you to play Carlton twice and gift you a bunch of "neutral" home games in a row right before finals in 2020 so you can back it up.

Woosha is going to struggle to keep his job if he loses fantasia and daniher .

Vic media wont take that into account

He's getting replaced end of next season anyway with the succession plan they put in place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back