Delisted Connor Menadue [DFA]

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
thats another way of looking at it but isnt that how all young payers would get games ?
need to remember that he is trying to break into the best team and has other players also performing well in the 2nd's as well with Richmond winning both
VFL & AFL flags

In other words he’s not good enough?

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
He is good enough to play 6 games in a premiership team thats won 2 flags in 3 years
He was not good enough to play in this team in 2019 but could be in 2020

But at fremantle he will play every game , So to answer your question
Not good enough for Richmond but a Star for freo

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
He is good enough to play 6 games in a premiership team thats won 2 flags in 3 years
He was not good enough to play in this team in 2019 but could be in 2020

But at fremantle he will play every game , So to answer your question
Not good enough for Richmond but a Star for freo

A whole 6 games? Let me guess when the team was riddled with injuries?

Listen I’m all for taking fringe/ depth players from the top sides, but star?

Careful not to become like arrogant Hawks supporters during their glory years.

Menadue ain’t no star, won’t be a star but may fill a need only because we’re losing our 2 wingers.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
A whole 6 games? Let me guess when the team was riddled with injuries?

Listen I’m all for taking fringe/ depth players from the top sides, but star?

Careful not to become like arrogant Hawks supporters during their glory year.

Menadue ain’t no star, won’t be a star but may fill a need only because we’re losing our 2 wingers.
For the premiers but would have played a whole 22 games for freo , What did you want Andrew Gaff FMD

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
For the premiers but would have played a whole 22 games for freo , What did you want Andrew Gaff FMD

Wouldn’t have got a game if in competition with Brad Hill and Ed Langdon.

Being about the 30th bloke in the premiers side doesn’t make you jump to star status in other sides, but agree can get opportunities elsewhere.

Which is why we may be linked to him... especially if we lose Hill and Langdon.

Wouldn’t look at him if it wasn’t for that case.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Wouldn’t have got a game if in competition with Brad Hill and Ed Langdon.

Being about the 30th bloke in the premiers side doesn’t make you jump to star status in other sides, but agree can get opportunities elsewhere.

Which is why we may be linked to him... especially if we lose Hill and Langdon.

Wouldn’t look at him if it wasn’t for that case.
But Langdon & Hill wont be in your side in 2020 so he will be your best wingman , Any way you dont want him move on as we would love to keep him now that Ellis is going. dont need to convince you to take him lol

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Plus no don’t want nor could we attract Gaff.
Hence why we need to go after other teams spuds.
If Menadue is willing should pick him up for essentially nothing.

But star? Would play all 22 games??

Yeah ok mate.

Conca was an astute pick up, but we got what we saw at Richmond and he was best 22 for you. He wouldn’t be in the first 12 picked at Freo.

He NEVER starred.

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
But Langdon & Hill wont be in your side in 2020 so he will be your best wingman , Any way you dont want him move on as we would love to keep him now that Ellis is going. dont need to convince you to take him lol

Yep I’ll move on. Talking about Menadue is about as exciting as talking about what pair of socks to go with in the morning.

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle

You said would’ve played 22. I said no he wouldn’t have.
In 2020 he absolutely gets an opportunity if he comes to Freo, but he doesn’t even walk into the side IMO.

Dustin Credible

Club Legend
Mar 14, 2010
Hexham
AFL Club
Richmond
Has performed well at VFL level, leading some Tiger fans to want him in the best 22. But when he has played at AFL level he has been underwhelming.

Likely to go for a low/token pick (50+)... If he can produce his VFL form at AFL level then whoever picks him up will have a bargin, if he can't then they haven't really lost much.

On POT-LX1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Has he got a cute nickname we can adopt?
known as Mena-spew in super coach circles.
A few people owned him in 2016 - traded him out after he missed a few games mid season and then he was re-instated round 14 and had 19 disposals @ 95% effectiveness, 2 goals, 8 score involvements, 7 marks, 6 tackles and was rewarded with a big 130.

Not sure if that meets your cute criteria.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Has performed well at VFL level, leading some Tiger fans to want him in the best 22. But when he has played at AFL level he has been underwhelming.

Likely to go for a low/token pick (50+)... If he can produce his VFL form at AFL level then whoever picks him up will have a bargin, if he can't then they haven't really lost much.

On POT-LX1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Dont think we will use a pick #50

Will either be a pick upgrade or a 2020 3rd rounder imo

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
He is called 'Gong' by the players.
It goes like this: Dugong, MenaDUE, DUE-gong, gong.
Lame as.
1570420718652.png

Andyy

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
We also call him the praying mantis.

He has that stick-figure build like Isaac Smith sort of.

My honest assessment is that he's a good VFL player but will never get consistent games at Richmond. Happy for him to be traded out for opportunities elsewhere, similar to Miles and Lloyd.

FWIW I never rated Conca or Menadue as highly as Miles or Lloyd.

Wish him the best of luck if he goes, and if Freo is interested in him or Macintosh as wingmen (and rightly so) I would be keen to look at Cerra in a trade if we can work something out. Mind you I think KMac will get more games @RFC next year with pea-heart Ellis gone.

We also call him the praying mantis.

He has that stick-figure build like Isaac Smith sort of.

My honest assessment is that he's a good VFL player but will never get consistent games at Richmond. Happy for him to be traded out for opportunities elsewhere, similar to Miles and Lloyd.

FWIW I never rated Conca or Menadue as highly as Miles or Lloyd.

Wish him the best of luck if he goes, and if Freo is interested in him or Macintosh as wingmen (and rightly so) I would be keen to look at Cerra in a trade if we can work something out. Mind you I think KMac will get more games @RFC next year with pea-heart Ellis gone.
I think I can categorically say that Cerra would never be invoked in a deal for Menadue or Macintosh...

Andyy

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
I think I can categorically say that Cerra would never be invoked in a deal for Menadue or Macintosh...

Personally I wouldn't either if I was Freo, but I'd heard a rumour or two than he wanted to come over here.

If that was the case then KMac + Menadue might provide some steak knife currency.

Maybe pick 19 + Kmac + Menadue for Cerra + pick 26?

I haven't seen Cerra play a lot personally. Stats are OK, wonder if he will stagnate or made a huge leap?

Personally I wouldn't either if I was Freo, but I'd heard a rumour or two than he wanted to come over here.

If that was the case then KMac + Menadue might provide some steak knife currency.

I haven't seen Cerra play a lot personally. Stats are OK, wonder if he will stagnate or made a huge leap?
Cerra will be a gun. We'd be making out like bandits for that deal and whoever signed off on that for Freo should be jailed.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I would say if Richmond are interested in Cerra the club would be already talking to his manager about coming home and he is a Tiger supporter from what i heard and out of contract net year ? unless extended

Richmond tend to look 1-2 years ahead with the players they have gone after , As mentioned menadue im ok with leaving but rather keep Macca

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers

My God even as a Richmond supporter i would call that going in dry

Yeah man, that is a long long way off the mark

Back