Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
San Antonio, West Ham, Renegades
Picks 5 and 9 for Daniher? Are Essendon serious? That Dodoro is a deadset campaigner

Hogan went for pick 6 and 23 last year. Both are equally injury prone, Hogan slightly younger, Daniher better in my opinion. Both contracted but Melbourne was pushing Hogan and Essendon want to keep Daniher.

I’ve got no idea on his value. After that AA and B&F year in 2017 you’d say asking for pick 5 and 9 is more than fair enough, no idea now that he’s had two years of groin issues and there is no guarantee he’ll be back to his best.

What do you think he’s worth?

Braybrook Son

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hogan went for pick 6 and 23 last year. Both are equally injury prone, Hogan slightly younger, Daniher better in my opinion. Both contracted but Melbourne was pushing Hogan and Essendon want to keep Daniher.

I’ve got no idea on his value. After that AA and B&F year in 2017 you’d say asking for pick 5 and 9 is more than fair enough, no idea now that he’s had two years of groin issues and there is no guarantee he’ll be back to his best.

What do you think he’s worth?
Honestly don’t know mate, but I think most of the footy world will agree with me in saying two top ten picks is far overs. He’s worth a late first at best on current value

Bemoreboyddog

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This Brian Lake episode on Open Mike is brutal. Hope the big lug is ok. Was my favourite player between 09-12

Last edited:

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
1570423674670.png
1570423758524.png

Tear jerker this one, my nephew who is 10 is struggling with mental health. Was at the park with my cousin and Jackson Trengove sat with him for 5-10 minutes having a chat. Unbelievable that kids as young as 10 are having mental health issues but I'm so happy I go for a club with blokes like Jackson who could be enjoying their time off, but instead are putting time towards helping young fellas, which I'm sure he enjoys as well.

Beautiful photos that were sent to me by family.

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
View attachment 760083View attachment 760084

Tear jerker this one, my nephew who is 10 is struggling with mental health. Was at the park with my cousin and Jackson Trengove sat with him for 5-10 minutes having a chat. Unbelievable that kids as young as 10 are having mental health issues but I'm so happy I go for a club with blokes like Jackson who could be enjoying their time off, but instead are putting time towards helping young fellas, which I'm sure he enjoys as well.

Unfortunately a lot more common than you would think.

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
View attachment 760083View attachment 760084

Jacko is honestly a ripper, no wonder Port were bummed to lose him in terms of his off field influence.

Not sure where else to put this, looking for your thoughts ladies/gents

From Mark Duffield
New frontrunner for Fremantle CEO gig emerges as Dockers close in on appointment

Former Western Bulldogs and Sydney player and Western Bulldogs CEO Simon Garlick has emerged as the new frontrunner for Fremantle’s chief executive position as the process nears conclusion.
Garlick, who played 137 games for the Bulldogs and 44 for Sydney between 1994 and 2004, was the chief executive of the Bulldogs from 2010 until January 2015.

It is understood other shortlisted contenders for the job included Mark Brayshaw and internal candidate Scott Gooch.
President Dale Alcock declared he expected an announcement on the position before the end of October but one of the shortlisted candidates told The West Australian this morning he believed the position would be resolved within a week.
Brayshaw is understood to remain one of the favourites for North Melbourne’s CEO position.
More to come...

What was the thoughts on Garlick?

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not sure where else to put this, looking for your thoughts ladies/gents

From Mark Duffield
New frontrunner for Fremantle CEO gig emerges as Dockers close in on appointment

Former Western Bulldogs and Sydney player and Western Bulldogs CEO Simon Garlick has emerged as the new frontrunner for Fremantle’s chief executive position as the process nears conclusion.
Garlick, who played 137 games for the Bulldogs and 44 for Sydney between 1994 and 2004, was the chief executive of the Bulldogs from 2010 until January 2015.

It is understood other shortlisted contenders for the job included Mark Brayshaw and internal candidate Scott Gooch.
President Dale Alcock declared he expected an announcement on the position before the end of October but one of the shortlisted candidates told The West Australian this morning he believed the position would be resolved within a week.
Brayshaw is understood to remain one of the favourites for North Melbourne’s CEO position.
More to come...

What was the thoughts on Garlick?
It's always hard to tell how things are operating from the outside, but he was in charge when things completely fell to bits at the end of 2014, losing the captain, coach and a number of senior players. Gordon moved him on shortly afterwards.

I believe he also had an important role in the failed Edgewater venture.

Having said that, he did spend 5 years in the CEO position with us and since spent a number of years running Bastion. The club also put him back onto the board this year so he must have his strengths.

It's always hard to tell how things are operating from the outside, but he was in charge when things completely fell to bits at the end of 2014, losing the captain, coach and a number of senior players. Gordon moved him on shortly afterwards.

Having said that, he did spend 5 years in the role with us and since spent a number of years running Bastion. The club also put him back onto the board this year so he must have his strengths.
Yeah, that's not a good start

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yeah, that's not a good start
On the other hand, CEOs from failed companies often find it very easy to find a new gig, because the experience of dealing with crisis can prove invaluable. If he's learned from the experience, it can really be an amazing development opportunity and can make him a solid candidate.

Although if you get to the levels of Burton at Adelaide, where everything just crumbles to pieces around him, then it's not exactly worth banking on him learning anything.

On the other hand, CEOs from failed companies often find it very easy to find a new gig, because the experience of dealing with crisis can prove invaluable. If he's learned from the experience, it can really be an amazing development opportunity and can make him a solid candidate.

Although if you get to the levels of Burton at Adelaide, where everything just crumbles to pieces around him, then it's not exactly worth banking on him learning anything.
Werent almost all your issues around McCartney as well? Once you got rid of him everything righted itself?

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Pretty much. Players hated him, and we lost a number of talented guys as a result of that idiot. Wouldn't really place much blame on Garlick tbh, McCartney was a cancer on our club
Some responsibility has to be placed on those who put McCartney into the position he was in though and for it to get to that point before earlier intervention. I don't think its a huge coincidence that Garlick's tenure ended shortly after the whole fiasco.

ivan rassmussen

Premiership Player
Jun 28, 2007
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just on the mental health issue, think someone might have posted about this earlier but not sure which thread.
I had the chance to finally watch Open Mike with Brian Lake.
I’m a bit ambivalent about him these days, but that was brutal viewing. Good on him for opening up about his issues, and kudos to Marty Pask for sticking with him as a mate. No reflection on Sheehan as he is just doing his job, but felt his questioning at times in that scenario was beyond his skillset. Recommend it, esp if you have experienced someone with those issues, but definitely not easy viewing.
Credit to Lake too, has more upstairs than I gave him credit for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back