The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits Discussion Thread

Oh nice thanks, I didn't know about Finlays, googling now. Just told my mrs, shes clearly ecstatic at the news.
Big fan of Boston, I love their Nut Brown Ale.
I haven't been to Finlays but I have tried a few of their beers just prior to them launching the brewery. They were decently good brews then with their pale ale a very pleasant drop.

Supposedly a decent feed too.

Mar 1, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
I like the Colonial lids, nice to drink out of, bit like a glass so I feel all sophisticated and stuff.
Great beers but I always use a glass!

Whenever I see a carton of the pale ale on special for ~$60 I always jump on it.

Even at its regular price of ~$70-75 it's decent value - the old 375ml x 24 carton is pretty rare in these days of 330ml cubes.

Oh yeah they’ve just done a peanut butter choc one which is solid. A few to keep an eye for:
Omnipollo Noa Pecan - might set you back a bit this one but well worth it
Tiny rebel stay puft
Fathom imperial stout
Temple nitro espresso stoutini
To Ol Mr Brown

Read this post and started ringing all over town to find the peanut butter cup stout. Found a last can at one near my place.

Only one way to remedy this shitful day:

_20190912_200948.JPG

+ the new Bill Burr special.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Is Goose Island a meh brand of american crafties?

I was underwhelmed with their IPA when i tried it a couple years back but I've just bought those big bottle of one their belgian wild ales.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Ok. So this year I've knocked off Beerfarm, Wild hop, Eagle bay and Cheek monkey's from the Margret river area.

Am i right to think that I only have Bootleg, Black Brewing and Colonial to check off from that list?

It'd want to be bloody good :p

No s**t. Already worn a battering from the Mrs:

"I thought we were cutting back on spending this week?!"

"I did, I only bought one beer."

giphy.gif

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
Ok. So this year I've knocked off Beerfarm, Wild hop, Eagle bay and Cheek monkey's from the Margret river area.

Am i right to think that I only have Bootleg, Black Brewing and Colonial to check off from that list?
Rocky Ridge: I've only tried the Ace Pale Ale which I liked, worth exploring the rest of their range if you come across it I reckon.

I'm always reluctant to spend that much on one beer just in case I don't like it.

Yeah that's fair enough. It's 750ml 8.4% and 5 standard drinks, apparently aged for 18 months, so you can feel like a right w***er when drinking it at least.

I had Boston Tingletop Ginger Beer with a shot of spiced rum in it on the weekend. Might be my Summer day go to!

Nothing like a good Dark and Stormy, was my first favourite alcoholic drink. Don't mind a Lik Pier with Kraken these days or a Moscow Mule with Belvidere next to the pool over summer.

Any good?

It's almost like a champagne, but not as gross. Don't think it's worth the $ outside of the novelty. Will be s**t face by the time I finished which is a plus.

Back