Richmond's 7 Consecutive MCG Games

Is Richmond's 7 consecutive games at the MVG unfair?

• Yes

Votes: 156 45.3%
  • No

Votes: 188 54.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And can you travel every second week around Australia during those weeks, and can we have them all before finals and if you finish top and we finish 4th or lower can we have the grand final at home too?
If you build a big enough stadium by 2057

Can someone, anyone, find an example where a team (any sporting competition) plays 7 games on their home ground in a row before finals to be played on the same home ground (regardless whether the team shares that ground with another team). In fact can you find any competition on the planet where a home team plays 7 weeks in a row on their home ground at any time during the year. And if you can’t (and I’m guessing you cant) ask yourself honestly why that is??????

Not quite the same, but in tennis tournaments, the top seeds play the courts that host the finals, while lesser names tend to get the outside courts.

Also, how many sporting competitions have 7/18 teams play the same ground as their 'home' ground? (at least some of the time).

Like all MCG tenants (and the other Melbourne teams to a lesser extent) you do have a softer draw.

Hmmm, so we played a team that was preliminary finalists twice, a team that made the GF twice, and a team that was a preliminary finalist in 2018 twice as well.

Yep seems soft to me.

We should be stripped of the 2017 & 2019 Premierships & forced to play ALL of our Home games in Cairns from now on 😨

I am ashamed to call myself a Richmond supporter after cheating our way to a second flag in 3 years

We should have played the 2017 GF in Adelaide as they were the No. 1 seed

The AFL shouldn’t have allowed us to recruit the “Big Tuna” Tim Lunch for the 2019 season ... we had another soft run with injuries that gifted us a 7-6 record at the bye

As I am now a Gold Coast resident of 17 months, I will follow the Suns ... they have never rorted the system like those dirty Tigers have

GC2020

have a look at the thread title for a start
didn't have to play the premiers in Perth
melb and Carlton twice

Didn’t get a Home game against my new team, the mighty GC Suns though

And can you travel every second week around Australia during those weeks, and can we have them all before finals and if you finish top and we finish 4th or lower can we have the grand final at home too?
And when you don't travel and stay at home and play a side outside the 8 like Hawthorn, you allow them to belt you so you lose the double chance........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like all MCG tenants (and the other Melbourne teams to a lesser extent) you do have a softer draw.

Do we?

People keep saying that, but the stats suggest otherwise.

If Vic teams have it so good, why do non-Vic teams, collectively, have a better win/loss rate through H&A?

I put this theoretical forward in another thread and it was mostly overlooked;

Theoretical Scenario for the MCG Tenants.... Imagine MCG were to become a 'neutral' ground, and somehow, the AFL were able to fixture a season, so that games played at the MCG were spread out as evenly as possible between Victorian teams, and to a lesser degree interstate teams.

Games were scheduled there based on parity of use and to cater for 'blockbuster' games. Would you be open to losing the MCG as your home-ground in order to make finals and the season more fair?

Is that a scenario you'd entertain?
Yeah. Don't give a * about playing the MCG. Gives us punt road

If you wanna talk about soft draws, look no further than Brisbane.

They'll have a much harder draw next year due to their top 4 finish.

yes but everyone loves brisbane, they're everyone's second team. so lets not talk about the hard truth, it makes the lions look bad. lets talk more about richmond getting SoOoOoOoOoOOOOoO many games at mcg.

Draw shmraw.
WTF is this stupid thread still going for?
Tigers were clearly the best team of 2019.
Everything came together at the right time of the year.
Reckon they would have pumped West Coast in a hypothetical WA G.F easily.
Similarly they would have most likely beaten Collingwood at our 'home' ground in the G.F too......though I'd say more like (a never quite really challenged after half time) 30 points rather than the complete capitulation that was GWS.
They won the premiership because they were the best team.
Draw or not.
Right time of year, they peaked.
/End
They're likely to win at least another 1 too, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back