Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting into the 2019 year we need a place to discuss all this...

There is some vague discussion of the TK situation.

What willl it take to get him?

Will he stay?

Who in the FA world should we be talking to given these things are in the works 12 months ahead.

Get it all here

GO Catters

Grimoz

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 28, 2011
Shhh...its a secret!!!
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Manchester Utd, New York Rangers
I'll call it now, if Jeremy Cameron decides to leave GWS as a FA he will be at Collingwood in 2021....grew up a Collingwood supporter and Eddie will be up his ass already, can guarantee it!!!

betchsta

Club Legend
May 1, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
All of this chit chat on Worpel.

I wonder what we'd be saying if Geelong selected Worpel & Constable was taken by the Hawks. Constable goes on to win the B&F at the hawks.

As much as I like Worpel & Chook. There's no guarantee that Cat's would be getting the same level of performance from Worpel that he gave at the Hawks at this year.

Let's give it some time before we compare them & pass judgement on a couple of kids.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong

I wonder what we'd be saying if Geelong selected Worpel & Constable we taken by the Hawks. Constable goes on to win the B&F at the hawks.

As much as I like Worpel & Chook. There's no guarantee that Cat's would be getting the same level of performance from Worpel that he gave at the Hawks at this year.

Let's give it some time before we compare them & pass judgement on a couple of kids.
Constable isnt good enough to do that. What is the love for constable? He is horlin smith mark 2.

Ratcat

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong

I wonder what we'd be saying if Geelong selected Worpel & Constable we taken by the Hawks. Constable goes on to win the B&F at the hawks.

Are you just kidding yourself or are you that bias on anyone Geelong.
The kid Worpel just won Hawthorn B+F, like Dangerfield won ours.
If anything compare him to Dangerfield.

I'll call it now, if Jeremy Cameron decides to leave GWS as a FA he will be at Collingwood in 2021....grew up a Collingwood supporter and Eddie will be up his ass already, can guarantee it!!!

You mean like how Lynch was apparently going to Collingwood because he grew up a massive Collingwood supporter - he was a member of the Buckly Brigade, wore Buckley's number, went to all the family days...

That didn't seem to matter too much when Lynch choose to play for Richmond instead

And wasn't Devon Smith coming to Geelong - did he grow up supporting Geelong because he's known to have bought a house here but decided to play for Essendon

Not sure childhood teams make a massive difference once professional

Grimoz

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 28, 2011
Shhh...its a secret!!!
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Manchester Utd, New York Rangers
's So

So what.....

Ling, Sam Mitchell,Greg Williams didn't have a lot of pace & they all used the ball well.

Having pace doesn't make you a better player.

Are you seriously comparing Constable to Sam Mitchell and Greg Williams...seriously :drunk:

Also the game is a lot quicker from when Williams and Ling were playing so yes it is important, the modern game is all about speed. The problem with Constable is he doesn't have a big tank whereas Ling was huge and could run all day.

betchsta

Club Legend
May 1, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Are you just kidding yourself or are you that bias on anyone Geelong.
The kid Worpel just won Hawthorn B+F, like Dangerfield won ours.
If anything compare him to Dangerfield.

No bias in my post.

Just people comparing the two players way too early I think.

Chook has been given very little game time due to being told to work on his deficiencies.

Dangerfield has been playing a lot long than Worpel or Constable, So there's no point in using those players as an example.

Ratcat

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
No bias in my post.

Just people comparing the two players way too early I think.

Chook has been given very little game time due to being told to work on his deficiencies.

Dangerfield has been playing a lot long than Worpel or Constable, So there's no point in using those players as an example.

He's Hawthorn's best and fairest don't you understand what that says about Worpel?
The kid wanted to play for Geelong but we didn't think he was good enough for the Cats.

Are you seriously comparing Constable to Sam Mitchell and Greg Williams...seriously :drunk:

Also the game is a lot quicker from when Williams and Ling were playing so yes it is important, the modern game is all about speed. The problem with Constable is he doesn't have a big tank whereas Ling was huge and could run all day.

You can build a tank though.

betchsta

Club Legend
May 1, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
He's Hawthorn's best and fairest don't you understand what that says about Worpel?
The kid wanted to play for Geelong but we didn't think he was good enough for the Cats.

Would Worpel have won our B&F this year if we drafed him instead of Constable then ?.

The majority of players drafted don't go to the club they supported growing up.

Constable isnt good enough to do that. What is the love for constable? He is horlin smith mark 2.
C'mon mate, why is everything so definitive with you? Constable has played less than 10 games and has shown good signs. Needs to build a tank but is only 20 years old. He could still be anything.

That we'll never know but one thing I do know not selecting him was a huge bungle.
He trained and played under our noses.
Then maybe that's why we didn't select him - the club had the chance to have a good look at him and decided that he wasn't worth one of our first 3 picks but maybe we would have taken him with a later pick had he still been available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back