List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Dodoro say yesterday he's been vocal for a long time about how much he hates clubs targeting contracted players?

Maybe he meant his contracted players.

Adrian Dedildo will want to pay pick 117 with pick 119 coming back Essendon's way.

Yep stuff dealing with asadadon. Tell Cox if he wants to leave to go talk to desperate and dateless North Melbourne. They'll give Cox 600k a year and us pick 27+ steaknives.

Or better still offer North Mason Cox + 2020 1st Rd pick for their 2019 pick 8. Ned Guy be like:

images (5).jpeg

We actually played better footy in 2018 with Cox than we did at any stage 2019 without him.

He's a big point of difference for us, i like to think when considering trading players to a particular club , who on our list will be able to play on them when we play against them.

Elliot was going to be a huge headache at brisbane for example in a side that already has charlie cameron

As is Stephenson for every other club

Deal currently based on a trade involving Cox and a future draft pick.

Best case scenario with no picks and no cap space

Thomas for Cutler
Scharenberg for Howard
Jenkins for peanuts
Cameron for peanuts

Key Back, Key Forward, Ruck and some speed for the midfield, addresses most of our needs

No, reported “happy to take a pay cut at the right club” if he’s on $600k, that pay cut could mean $500-550k
Lol he’s not going to come out with a statement like that and then say “oh I just meant $50k less.” He won’t be on any significant coin wherever he goes.

Have you guys seen D Cameron play? He's putrid... I'll take him for free as a development prospect and backup, but to get near our best 22 would be disastrous. He couldn't get a game at the Swans when all their rucks were injured

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a big point of difference for us, i like to think when considering trading players to a particular club , who on our list will be able to play on them when we play against them.

Elliot was going to be a huge headache at brisbane for example in a side that already has charlie cameron

As is Stephenson for every other club
The Goo

It's been a long time coming but it's time to scream Jerka again!

I'm warming up to him or Casboult, we need a beast, not a giraffeo

View attachment 760780
Agree. I'd be happy with Jenkins. Keep Cox (unless we get something good from the Bombers) and he and Jenkins can fight for a spot. Take Cameron for free as development/backup

Our prelim side plus Langdon, Beams, Cox/Jenkins and de Goey is a big improvement

Why would we trade one of the games best midfielders (Treloar) while we are smack-bang in the middle of our premiership window.

The only trades I would contemplate would be to fill holes. Forward line for example.

No use trading in a player (Rowell), whom may take two or threes years at AFL level to flourish, and by then we'd probably seen the last (or best of) Pendlebury/Sidebottom/Beams/Howe etc, and the window would be closing.

Time to make smart moves like we did in 2009 (Ball, Jolly)

And imagine the culture hit doing that would create when he has repeatedly stated his love for the club, players and coach and vice versa.

Regarding many peoples comments on Cox, I disagree hes had ONE good game. Depends how you define good. He kicks a couple goals a game which is serviceable. Better than Quinten Lynch
If youre talking about REALLY good games, hes had several.

Round 23, 2017 v Geelong
4Played as primary Ruck
43 hitouts, 2 goals, 128 fantasy, 6 marks, 8 tackles

Prelim Final, 2018 v Richmond
Second most contested marks in finals history
3 goals, 108 fantasy, 11 marks (8 cont.) - got us into a GF

Queens B'Day, 2018 Round 12 v Melbourne
5 goals, 114 fantasy

This was 3 off the top of my head, he kicked 4 vs the Lions a couple years ago, lots of games where he's had go=ood hands and kicked 2, 3 or 4 goals

Regarding many peoples comments on Cox, I disagree hes had ONE good game. Depends how you define good. He kicks a couple goals a game which is serviceable. Better than Quinten Lynch
If youre talking about REALLY good games, hes had several.

Round 23, 2017 v Geelong
4Played as primary Ruck
43 hitouts, 2 goals, 128 fantasy, 6 marks, 8 tackles

Prelim Final, 2018 v Richmond
Second most contested marks in finals history
3 goals, 108 fantasy, 11 marks (8 cont.) - got us into a GF

Queens B'Day, 2018 Round 12 v Melbourne
5 goals, 114 fantasy

This was 3 off the top of my head, he kicked 4 vs the Lions a couple years ago, lots of games where he's had go=ood hands and kicked 2, 3 or 4 goals
No you're right.
He's played 3 good games.. THREE..

It's funny. On the one hand, I'm relatively confident in saying that Cox just isn't good enough for AFL footy. On the other hand, I'm scared to lose him to another club because I've seen what he can do on his day. He can rip a game apart. But it's very rare he does.

The greed in me wants him to stay on our list, but be pushed out by a better KPF. This way, we won't be haunted on ANZAC Day if Cox tears it up.

However, given salary cap pressures, and the fact that Cox is probably on a good wicket, you wouldn't want to keep him just to leave him at VFL level. If we think he isn't best 22, best to trade him out and clear cap space. If he was good enough, we wouldn't all be banging on about how we are desperate for a KPF, because we'd have a 211cm giant holding up that spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back