Team Mgmt. Talk about the makeup of our list - midfield balance, height profile, endurance runners

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts on Jenkins on a 2 year deal. He is 200CM and can run all day. Most importantly, kick straight and
consistently kicks an average of over 2 goals a game. And he has winning finals experience. Apart from the big
one in 2017. He can also pinch hit in the ruck. Hurley's best mate. Completely sound and reasonably consistent.

Jenkins is a 30 yo. Brown and McKernan are both 29, so not much difference. Brown and McKernan both had
reasonable years. But come the finals, Browns body could not hold up. And McKernan went back to being the
inconsistent player that he was previously with a single possession up to half time and 4 for the match including
2 rushed and only 2 hit outs.

Redman has played less games than Parish yet somehow isn't 'developing' ... Also Redman is rated below James Stewart, Laverde and Guelfi, despite being significantly better in 2019 than all of the above.

I'd say Fantasia & Daniher both have the talent to be elite (top 5) by position, but aren't durable. Unfortunately they are also the two most likely not to be on our list in 2020.

Otherwise we don't have any players I'd say are currently, or are likely to become, that top 5 by position player in the centre or forward.

As drafted players McGrath, Parish, Redman, Merrett will all play 200+ games for EFC barring injury. Francis also likely, and I still have a lot of faith in Ridley. Ham is another I think will make the grade, just needs a couple of pre-seasons of physical development to really impact.

Our drafting hasn't been poor per se, but we've got a lot of solid citizens who are flanker / outside types without nailing anyone truly elite in that part of the ground.

Redmans rating is definitely what stood out to me. He should not be valued in the same grade as Zac Clarke and Jake Long!
They should have put him in the same "Developing" alongside Parish and Francis.

Our biggest problem is that we don't have an A grader. Merrett was out best chance but he has stagnated.
Daniher and Fantasia if fit would most likely be A graders.

Any thoughts on Jenkins on a 2 year deal. He is 200CM and can run all day. Most importantly, kick straight and
consistently kicks an average of over 2 goals a game. And he has winning finals experience. Apart from the big
one in 2017. He can also pinch hit in the ruck. Hurley's best mate. Completely sound and reasonably consistent.

Jenkins is a 30 yo. Brown and McKernan are both 29, so not much difference. Brown and McKernan both had
reasonable years. But come the finals, Browns body could not hold up. And McKernan went back to being the
inconsistent player that he was previously with a single possession up to half time and 4 for the match including
2 rushed and only 2 hit outs.
I'd definitely consider Jenkins given the apparent lack of other suitable candidates.​

He's as bad as Stewart in the ruck.
He rucked mainly deep in the forward line with the Crows. So Jacobs usually stayed outside forward 50 for a breather.
I thought Jenkins went OK getting ball to Betts etc. The opposition ruckman usually stayed with Jacobs. So Jenkins
would often compete against a non full time ruckman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rankings are laughable. Redman not developing? Ok... Oh, so you’re going to tell me he’s only as good as Zac Clarke and Jake Long? Mmmmkay.
On the other hand, this is the list that limped over the line into finals and got comfortably beaten. Maybe we overrate our list a tad.

He's as bad as Stewart in the ruck.
When he was with us I spoke with Simon Madden mid season and he said his tap work was as good as any young ruck he had seen. Not sure what has happened since then. Maybe not enough actual time in the ruck to develop the skill.

On the other hand, this is the list that limped over the line into finals and got comfortably beaten. Maybe we overrate our list a tad.
Less talking about the actual letter grades, more the ordering of our players. Redman and Ambrose are clearly better than some of those in higher letter grades.

Do we pick up Mason Fletcher as father son rule this year?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back