Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t need a DM. We have an England international.
Don’t need a leftback. We just signed one.
Don’t need an AM. Eriksen, Dele, Lo Celso, Lucas, Lamela, Son is a glut of them.
Don’t need a CB. Have two class Belgians and a once record signing Colombian.

But we've got the highest paid chairmen and beer revenue. We don't need to sell to buy. If the words of levy are true of course
and he just did you muppet.
Opens the new stadium and dropped 150m.

Don’t need a DM. We have an Wngland international.
Don’t need a leftback. We just signed one.
Don’t need an AM. Eriksen, Dele, Lo Celso, Lucas, Lamela, Son is a glut of them.
Don’t need a CB. Have two class Belgians and a once record signing Colombian.
Hahahahaha and thay right there is the ignore poster comment. Wow such delusions

Hahahahaha and thay right there is the ignore poster comment. Wow such delusions
Yet none of it is not factual.

No one during the window stated we needed a CB. All revisionist pish.
We signed an AM this window
We signed a LB this window.
We do in fact have an England international DM.

What part of that is not factual?

Then why no RB, why only 2 contracted CBS next year, why no quality DM?
Dier is criminally underrated. Yet you rate cheap champo pish.

We didn’t need a RB. We needed to give KWP a shot. He’s been injured. Buying someone just stunts his growth.

Vertonghen wants to go home. No different to Kompany. Best of luck to him. Alderweireld should have been paid more two years ago. Still have Sanchez.

Our U21s beat Colchester on penalties in the Football League Trophy. Admittedly only 5 Colchester players who beat us played but still it's pretty lol worthy

Another interesting lens on our squad issues

Squad avg. age under Poch
Year 1 - youngest
Year 2 - youngest
Year 3 - youngest

Year 4 - 3rd youngest
Year 5 - 11th youngest
Year 6 - 16th youngest

Our peak two seasons when in title races in bold. Proof in my eyes that we needed to do some regeneration of the squad going into Year 5 to keep the squad at least in the youngest half dozen. We not only didn't do that we did nothing and our now the 5th oldest!

Another interesting lens on our squad issues

Squad avg. age under Poch
Year 1 - youngest
Year 2 - youngest
Year 3 - youngest

Year 4 - 3rd youngest
Year 5 - 11th youngest
Year 6 - 16th youngest

Our peak two seasons when in title races in bold. Proof in my eyes that we needed to do some regeneration of the squad going into Year 5 to keep the squad at least in the youngest half dozen. We not only didn't do that we did nothing and our now the 5th oldest!
Just shows how quickly things turnaround. Ideally you look for a mixture of experience and youth. The good thing is we’ve still got a lot of players in or approaching their prime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just shows how quickly things turnaround. Ideally you look for a mixture of experience and youth. The good thing is we’ve still got a lot of players in or approaching their prime.
Yeah agreed. No point staying the youngest but especially with a manager like poch with his track record with young squads it needs to remain in the youngest 5-7

Mourinho wants the Spurs job apparently according to various sources. How do people feel about that?

Mourinho wants the Spurs job apparently according to various sources. How do people feel about that?
I think his dictator style might have run it's race.

It would be funny to see his relationship with levy. Over a window or two he would want to dismantle the squad. List below is who I think would struggle under him

Lloris
KWP
Aurier
Foyth
Rose
Ndombele
Sessengon
Dele
Lucas
Lamela

Plus the 3 out of contract in the summer. That's one hack of an overhaul

I'd be worried about how Dele would fare under him. He can stifle attacking players.
Dier would thrive as he loves a big powerful DM.

But it does tempt me because this group needs a kick up the arse.
Take the discussion over the chairman and manager out of it. Media reports suggesting players in our squad are unhappy with being underpaid. Hmmmm.

They earn more in a week than the 60000 that watch them every week earn in a year... and have the temerity to be moaning about it in a fortnight where they are knocked out of a cup to a League Two side. Get battered in the Champions League and can't even get a point at Brighton.

This group needs a swift kick up the arse, and if Mourinho isn't the man to do it then maybe Allegri is.

Managing Spurs would put his record of winning things wherever he manages at serious risk!

Would be an interesting case study as to whether bringing in a manager with a proven big game track record can turn around a team who perennially turns there feet up in the big moments.

His efforts at United could almost be viewed in a new light based on there efforts so far this season

And would Mourinho do it the tottenham way buying young players and getting them to their potential? If we are signing guys like like VDB or Rice would they actually get game time or would they be stifled by guys like Dier, Willian and Matic

The anarchist side of me would like to see it though. He would either make us trophy winners slapping down others as he does it. Or he'd tear down all the good work of the past 5 years

And would Mourinho do it the tottenham way buying young players and getting them to their potential? If we are signing guys like like VDB or Rice would they actually get game time or would they be stifled by guys like Dier, Willian and Matic
The Tottenham way has delivered Sfa in regards to actual silverware. Yes I’ve enjoyed our new found relevance but the time has come to actually put some silverware above the fireplace.

Mourinho might just be the jolt that’s gets us out of our current malaise. I beleive the squad is still decent, it’s just lost its spark that a couple of new signings and a fresh manager may bring.

Nothing against Poch but maybe he has got us as far as he can take us. We missed our chance in the Poch era in the Leicester year and last years Champs League

The Tottenham way has delivered Sfa in regards to actual silverware. Yes I’ve enjoyed our new found relevance but the time has come to actually put some silverware above the fireplace.

Mourinho might just be the jolt that’s gets us out of our current malaise. I beleive the squad is still decent, it’s just lost its spark that a couple of new signings and a fresh manager may bring.

Nothing against Poch but maybe he has got us as far as he can take us. We missed our chance in the Poch era in the Leicester year and last years Champs League
The silverware is not guaranteed with Mourinho either. Just depends on if we have the ability to match his spending / player demands which will be spend 50m on a 29 year old with no re-sale value. That's not really what ENIC have ever been about. And if they are to change their tune for him why not do it all along with 'Arry, AVB or Poch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back