Strategy Our Next Senior Coach: 2019 & Beyond... is Matthew Nicks

Our next senior coach...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we believe we are conducting an interview today with Yze?

3 interviews, is that normal?
Marathon interviews with many stages are a thing...whether or not it's normal in the world of AFL is unknown to me.

Why are you in such a hurry though? We're already the last team to select a coach and our list manager's current strategy of loading up on draft picks doesn't really require input from a senior coach anyway. May as well take our time.

I do fear for the sanity of this board in the short term though.

If roo doesnt pick yze over nicks and burns I''ll take his advice and not follow the afl anymore. We need a coach who has a personality and who is fun. Ive seen the other two tall in pressers. Dull and talk like robots.
Have you ever heard Adem talk in an interview ?? Very monotonal and a touch boring.

Initial interview
Presentation
Got job interview
If he does have it and the media gets wind of him coming back to Adelaide, a smokescreen could be coming over for another interview when its really to be here for the presser tomorrow. Here's hoping anyway.

Marathon interviews with many stages are a thing...whether or not it's normal in the world of AFL is unknown to me.

Why are you in such a hurry though? We're already the last team to select a coach and our list manager's current strategy of loading up on draft picks doesn't really require input from a senior coach anyway. May as well take our time.

I do fear for the sanity of this board in the short term though.
For me there is a couple of reasons. Are we only going to the draft because we really do want to load up on kids or we have no choice as we don't have our s**t together?

Secondly, as I have mentioned a few times already today, if we timing it all so we can release all the info at once and therefore the boys club avoids some scrutiny, then that send a bad message that they have learnt nothing.

If he does have it and the media gets wind of him coming back to Adelaide, a smokescreen could be coming over for another interview when its really to be here for the presser tomorrow. Here's hoping anyway.
Where has it been said he's coming back again? he was here Friday... IF he's coming back then it's to sign. IMO

For me there is a couple of reasons. Are we only going to the draft because we really do want to load up on kids or we have no choice as we don't have our s**t together?

Secondly, as I have mentioned a few times already today, if we timing it all so we can release all the info at once and therefore the boys club avoids some scrutiny, then that send a bad message that they have learnt nothing.
I wouldn't worry, they won't avoid scrutiny.

Not so concerned with style as much as content.
ok yze, been coaching with clarkson since 2012 and was involved with their premierships.

Nicks, 8 long years of mediocrity working with hinkley at port adelaide. 1 year at gws, managed to kick just 3 goals in the gf.

I dont understand why some supporters here like mediocrity. Why would you want anyone from the current port coaching team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ok yze, been coaching with clarkson since 2012 and was involved with their premierships.

Nicks, 8 long yeats of mediocrity working with hinkley at port adelaide. 1 year at gws, managed to kick just 3 goals in the gf. Mediocrity.
Brendon Bolton.

Because if they do it in isolation, thats the scrutiny, they admit they f’ed up.

Its completely diluted, if the narrative is "Bretts gone, but look who we got you" The talk immediately goes to the shiny new toys.
As long as Burton is gone, I don't give a * HOW its done.

If roo doesnt pick yze over nicks and burns I''ll take his advice and not follow the afl anymore. We need a coach who has a personality and who is fun. Ive seen the other two talk in pressers. Dull and talk like robots.

Dont be confused by a coaches interview persona.
Guys like Mick Malthouse seemed very serious, but were loved by their players and known for a private fun side.

As long as Burton is gone, I don't give a fu** HOW its done.
But you should, Burton didn't get there by himself. The people who put him there, protected him and then have only removed him kicking and screaming, shouldn't avoid scrutiny and this is what they would effectively be doing. It also shows they haven't learnt and if thats the case we are ****ed anyway.

This thread is so reactive to the media. Everything will pan out in due coarse, term's & conditions must be fluctuating currently.

It should of been announced yesterday.
Haha, Roo said yesterday it was still a week & half away from an announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back