List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt bloke was enormous after a slow start and not much of a pre-season. Was a big factor in getting us to the bye in a reasonable position to launch from. Jack and Lunch together is a nightmare for backs akin to Kennedy and Darling combination in ‘18.
Its the one thing really worries me this year

We have probably matched you innthe midfield but losing rioli and with kenbedy declining we really need oallen to step up as well as young cameron.

You guys have such a deep midfield you can afford to have dusty near goals.

Be interesting to see how it all goes together for us.

Honestly Dark Sharks you are smack bang on the money. My fingers sore from smashing the like button on all your posts. Eagles need you as list manager to take us forward.

Bolton and Sokol would be perfect late picks. I am surprised that Bolton has not managed annafl game after killing the Wafl season after season.

On a side note does anyone think we are a chance at Riley Garcia?
Garcia will be gone by 52 unfortunately

Well I'll admit I haven't read the whole thread, why would I, and it may have been mentioned on previous pages, but I was asking about who you thought you might trade out for some picks.
We're not trading anyone out for picks. If we wanted picks, we wouldn't traded them all for Kelly.

This seems like not very good trolling.

Do we have to turn this in to an either/or s**t fight?

I think it's perfectly valid to feel a bit salty that we paid an overs price for Kelly but to also be happy that he is now in the blue and gold. He's obviously a very good player that fills a need and is also a quality individual.

At the time trades were done, players we paid overs for according to Bigfooty (that I can recall off the top of my head):

Chick
Steglein
Wellingham
Redden
Jetta
Now: Kelly
Most of them worked out OK. We're in the premiership window, we know our shortcomings and are addressing them, that's how we roll. Plus we clearly made some sort of commitment to Kelly so our club would have made sure that we kept our word. We're having a real crack at the flag next year, hee haw!

1570600569684.png

Image result for its beautiful gif

At the time trades were done, players we paid overs for according to Bigfooty (that I can recalloff the top of my head):

Chick
Steglein
Wellingham
Redden
Jetta
Now: Kelly
Most of them worked out OK. We're in the premiership window, we know our shortcomings and are addressing them, that's how we roll. Plus we clearly made some sort of commitment to Kelly so our club would have made sure that we kept our work. We're having a real crack at the flag next year, hee haw!

Every single one of those players except Wellingham played in a flag. Wellingham did play in a GF.

Pretty decent hit rate.

He's off the table. Gold Coast can pick him up for nothing under the revised Darwin academy allocation they now have.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-09-30/future-bright-as-suns-get-access-to-pendlebury-clone
The Suns are set to immediately benefit from the revised Academy rules, with Queenslanders Connor Budarick and Hewago 'Ace' Oea and Darwin's Malcolm Rosas and Ben Jungfer all considered draftable.

Really stinks! The ruling on the Darwin kids should have been made to come into effect 12 months down the line. All the work that recruiting people did this year just went out the window. The other clubs must feel pissed off well and truly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're not trading anyone out for picks. If we wanted picks, we wouldn't traded them all for Kelly.

This seems like not very good trolling.
Aw geez I know you think you'e a boss with the nick. Sorry to disappoint, but really as long as I'm amusing myself...

I don't know why people are complaining about the draft picks that were traded away. It's not like Luke Foley or Xavier O'Neill tore the house down this year...

I went to argue with you but you're absolutely correct. The best player taken after those lads was Stack. The next best was Pickett.

They were both free for Richmond.

The rest of that draft from O'Neil onwards certainly looks pretty tame to be fair.

Just goes to show we can still get valuable players with our s**t pick 52 and 64 if we identify talent properly and are brave enough to take it.

Fremantle troll cant understand why we are happy with our list as it is. We don't need to trade a star to get back into the draft. He has never really seen his side in their premiership window (besides 1 year), and can't fathom that some sides aren't in a state of perpetual rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back