List Mgmt. #11. Tim Kelly - Welcome to West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

[QUOTE="SomeWhinyGeelongScrote”]
It was obvious that he saw Geelong as nothing more than a stepping stone for his own ambitions of playing AFL footy and that was confirmed when word got out that he had no intention in extending his 2 year contract back in May of 2018. It was bizarre stance to take since 99.9999% of rookies would jump at the chance of adding a couple of more years to their first contract. Yet a guy who hadn't even finished one year at AFL level was incredibly resistant to that idea; so early in the piece alarm bells were ringing that Kelly was busy making plans that did not involve the club that gave him the chance he had been waiting for for half a decade. And it's that ingratitude that has left a bad taste in my mouth.

The fact that he played well in his 2 years at Geelong doesn't mean he was 'professional' and fulfilling his end of the bargain to the GFC. He HAD to play good footy or else the weagles wouldn't have had any interest in luring him over back to Perth. I can guarantee you that had he played at a fairly average level in his time at Geelong, only managing to get a few games here and there in his first season and not really making an impression, this nonsense about needing to return back home because he needed his family to help out with his kids medical condition would never have surfaced. Kelly and his partner would be on their knees kissing the hallowed Kardinia Park ground and begging for Tim to remain on the Geelong list for as many years as possible.

And that's another thing that soured my opinion of the Kelly gang, using the family health card when it's clear this was more about Caitlin being homesick and demanding they go back to Perth like the princess Tim has led her to think she is than them genuinely needing assistance to take care of his kids. With a salary nearing a million dollars a year, they can comfortably afford the best medical care that money can buy in Australia. Certainly quality professional medical care that their kids supposedly need and not the non-medical attention, albeit well-intentioned, family members are only capable of providing. I don't think anyone switched on can deny that it was a mere condescending ruse/charade to appease his homesick high maintenance partner and that secondhand car dealer agent of his who probably has some sort of secret handshake with the weagles.

Can't say I wish him the best, players who've just been drafted in the league have no business contemplating, let alone asking, for a trade before they've even completed 1 season with the club that's showed faith in them and given them an opportunity to demonstrate what they're capable of. If it all turns to sh*t at the weagles I won't be shedding any tears for him.
[/QUOTE]
Feel better

Wow, our marketing team was quick to roll out the videos, press conferences, wallpapers, etc. etc... props to them.

Can't wait to see TK gliding along our wings.

Our midfield is elite with Yeo, Shuey, Kelly, Gaff and Sheed. I feel Kelly may get a tag a lot of the time... but meh, just means more space for Boots and Yeo to feast.

Dat Chris Judd foot drag

17PcBAc.png

I hope that seeing how much we were prepared to pay to get him across can motivate Kelly to go to the next level next season to repay the faith we put in him.
D433224D-CA64-4586-823B-8DD37B24A0CC.jpeg

Hes been blue and gold since he was a kid. Hes going off next year....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched his introductory presser, and I swear to god, these journos come up with the worst questions. Asking Simmo who he squeezes out of the team...seriously? Like an introductory press conference is a time and place to be discussing that.

And don't even get me started on that idiot who tried to quote the NicNat tweet where he was joking around about hoping TK has good locker room hygiene. Fell flatter than a plate of piss.

I hope that seeing how much we were prepared to pay to get him across can motivate Kelly to go to the next level next season to repay the faith we put in him.

The club has explained that they had a plan to hit the draft the last 3 years and if an opportunity comes to secure an a grade player they would forfeit the draft for that player. In this instance it is Tim Kelly.
Bloody brilliant by the club in my view.

The club has explained that they had a plan to hit the draft the last 3 years and if an opportunity comes to secure an a grade player they would forfeit the draft for that player. In this instance it is Tim Kelly.
Bloody brilliant by the club in my view.

But but pick 24 could have been a star.

Maybe even as good as Tim Kelly.

The presser was a bit awks when TK said he hopes the Cats get a few 200 gamers out the the picks and Simmo was like "yeah, nah bruv..."
Yeah thought that was a bit s**t by Simmo.

They can play as many games as they want as long as we win flags

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

The trade sees West Coast give up pick 14, 24, 33 (to Essendon) and our 2020 first rounder, with Tim Kelly, pick 57 and Geelong’s 2020 3rd round selection coming back.

Essentially cost us pick 1... approx 3500 point out, 500 in... assuming cats middle of the table next year with us up top.

Our 33 basically swapped for 52 this year and likely 47 next year... equivalent points value... preferred to have kept 33, but whatever...

If someone said Tim Kelly would cost us pick 1 to cats, I would do it in a heart beat, and consider it great value.

Welcome home TK!

Essentially cost us pick 1... approx 3500 point out, 500 in... assuming cats middle of the table next year with us up top.

Our 33 basically swapped for 52 this year and likely 47 next year... equivalent points value... preferred to have kept 33, but whatever...

If someone said Tim Kelly would cost us pick 1 to cats, I would do it in a heart beat, and consider it great value.

Welcome home TK!
Gold Coast would not trade pick 1 for pick 14, 24, 33 and next year’s 1st.

There’s no point looking at the draft pick points value if we aren’t bidding on Academy players or Father-Sons.

The presser was a bit awks when TK said he hopes the Cats get a few 200 gamers out the the picks and Simmo was like "yeah, nah bruv..."
Simmo said ' you don't have to be THAT nice!'
But TK comes across as a really decent guy, certainly has some responsibilities, and already given a shout out to Willie who has promised to return 'bigger and better than ever.'
2021 could be an awesome year.
We should have some exciting footy-viewing ahead! (injuries and footy-gods permitting)

Gold Coast would not trade pick 1 for pick 14, 24, 33 and next year’s 1st.

There’s no point looking at the draft pick points value if we aren’t bidding on Academy players or Father-Sons.

I wouldn't ever use Gold Coast as an example of good trading strategy

You've left out we essentially swapped 33 for ~47 and 52... the net is we paid 14, ~18 and 24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back