List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

So when it comes out we aren’t getting 48 for Betts but a late future pick and we are going to pay some of his contract, how we going to feel about Betts and the club?

The pick swap with GWS does make sense. But unless there’s players involved, why rush? We can trade picks up to and on draft night. I’d have thought there would be a chance to play clubs against each other a bit. Or are we planning on using those GWS picks with the Greenwood and Keith trades to, upgrade further?

So when it comes out we aren’t getting 48 for Betts but a late future pick and we are going to pay some of his contract, how we going to feel about Betts and the club?
pretty much the same. you can not possibly blame any player from wanting to leave.

All the talk this morning that Geelong, GWS and GC are looking to move up in the draft.

Surely we can get in there and get a good young player or two that we missed in a previous draft and a heap of picks in the late first round / early seconds.

One player at pick 4, in the modern environment, does not a rebuild make.

How many players use the first contract nowadays as a tester / sales pitch for their bigger contract 'back home' anyway?

I'm actually hoping we have everything on the table to make us better in the coming years. Players, current picks, future picks ... be brutal for a change.

Let's do a proper rebuild that isn't scared of looking further than 12 months ahead.

New coach, new football manager, new assistant coaches, new chairman (soon) ... New club.

Sent using Tapatalk App on Android.

How is Daniher worth 6 and 9....he's played 10 games in 2 years and could retire in 12m with OP

Surely Sydney aren't that stupid
Fun Fact

Darcey Daniher .....retired at 23 yo

Daniher made his AFL debut on 4 May 2008 against Port Adelaide at the Telstra Dome (now known as Marvel Stadium) and played in the next two games before an injury ended his season. He played three games in 2009 before being injured again. Daniher retired from professional football in August 2011 due to ongoing groin problems

Happy with both.

I just want Betts off our list because he is a mixture of done, and we are developing a small forward logjam.

Why are we paying any of his contract? He wants to go, he should be taking a pay cut

We have cap space and it is better than overpaying an average player to make the floor.

If it's the price to be done with him, I'll pay it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are we paying any of his contract? He wants to go, he should be taking a pay cut
lol...don't you know these are afl players. They are entitled to break contracts and still have them paid out.

Who do you think you are talking about

Great that TR is now talking about Eddie not being in Carlton's best 22...which I think might also be true.

So we get pick 47 for a player who doesn't play - win

maybe so we can get to our min 95%...although you'd think we could have renegotiated another player to get more next year and create the hole for 2021
That would be the smart thing to do.

If the Carlton board are correct and it’s next years fourth rounder, not only would Jon Ralph look like an idiot, Reid has a lot of explaining to do and none of this confidentiality bullshit

Great that TR is now talking about Eddie not being in Carlton's best 22...which I think might also be true.

So we get pick 47 for a player who doesn't play - win
Don’t think we are getting 47. 7 news hosed that down last night as well

Trading pick 4 just reeks of the club thinking they can build another list of above average core players surrounded by average role players without the need for the kinds of players who just waltz into the All-Australian team year after year and be competitive again, which has worked so wonderfully for us over the last two decades. How about we just ******* use pick 4 in the draft?

He wasn’t going to stay so why are we paying anything?

I assume Carlton inherits his contract, so it's probably just to make up the difference point to get this deal done.

Or it is just that, make up the difference and get him off our list instead of risking negotiations breaking down. He may want to leave but too lowball of an offer from Carlton risks changing that.

That would be the smart thing to do.

If the Carlton board are correct and it’s next years fourth rounder, not only would Jon Ralph look like an idiot, Reid has a lot of explaining to do and none of this confidentiality bullshit
Need to look beyond the trade for this one. Look at it this way:

Eddie has been awesome for us
There has been clear strain between him and the club since the camp
We want to develop kids, he wants to leave
Carlton don’t want him but that’s where he wants to go - he is also a favourite son there. We can see Carlton don’t want him because they only offered 1 yr not 2
We give him to Carlton and pay 25-50% of his wage so both sides look good to their fans
Eddie will be the face of Carlton this summer along with Cripps - Carlton will surge with members and members goodwill for Eddie justifying wasting a list spot - I would expect him still to play some games particularly early
We do the right thing by a club great, the second best highlight reel in our history

This is an exercise in goodwill for a dual club champion not a trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back