Melbourne Demons 2020

Where will Melbourne finish in 2020?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there any bath-water left to drink? Sometimes I wish I was as dumb as the people who keep mentioning the baht-water and they’re serious. Life must be blissful being that stupid.

Who the hell knows? One of the hardest teams to pick. I had them top 4 in 2019 and they failed miserably. Not sure who the real Melbourne is, but il wildly guess 5th - 12th pending the off season list improvements or losses.

I had them premiers this year . Gawn best tuck in the league. If Petracca can hi next level , Weideman play to near his potential and Lever Viney and May get on the park then I wouldn’t be surprised of a bounce . An absolute conundrum of a club .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You blaming injuries for that? ;)
No team could cover having their best 3 defenders (Lever, May, Jetta) miss over half the season while two of their best defenders missed 6+ weeks (Hibberd, Hore). We essentially played Casey's back line this season because our best defenders were injured at the same time.

No team could cover having their best 3 defenders (Lever, May, Jetta) miss over half the season while two of their best defenders missed 6+ weeks (Hibberd, Hore). We essentially played Casey's back line this season because our best defenders were injured at the same time.

I thought the midfield and forward line was the reason for hardly any wins this year honestly. You need speed and skill in those areas

I thought the midfield and forward line was the reason for hardly any wins this year honestly. You need speed and skill in those areas

Poor defensive midfield + no forward 50 pressure + injury-ravaged backline = 2nd-most points conceeded in the league.

They're s**t, no real improvement anytime soon.
One week sitting in the 8th. Holidays in France in September put on hold, Neil Mitchell talks about footy for a month endlessly before they start losing and he gets angry and blames Collingwood for everything. Goodwin sacked, vineys head grows even bigger under a new coach, they have a final run for the finals before losing their last 3 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Were you one of the thousands of numpties who gave the Dockers a standing ovation when Essendon spanked them at home in their first ever final, 9 years after entering the league? Talk about low bars for players.
Considering how poorly run freo were in the 1st 10 years, it was a miracle freo made finals in 2003

Viney is one of those New gen who thinks they know it all. Keep him in charge if you want to stay down the bottom lol. He’s not the only demon who loves to bathe in his own bath water ;)
Well, that's kind of how it works. If you have a bath you end up bathing in your own bathwater - unless there's some sort of second-hand bathwater trade going on that I don't know about...

Yep dat. Plus da buff worta

2020 = healthy back 6, two new competent wingers to go with our inside midfield dominance, an injection of top 3 talent, and an internationally reputed conditioning coach. Is it possible to win two flags in one season?

After witnessing a huge drop off from a PF in 2018 to bottom 2 in 2019, I'm really keen to hear some thoughts and opinions on Melbourne and how they will perform in 2020. Discuss.

Allow me to summarise:

Abominable culture
‘Good to average’ coach - at best
A bunch of overrated players who think they’re elite
A supporter base that cops the most criticism in the league.
A board that drinks their own bath water

Don’t hold your breath for a meteoric rise in 2020

Allow me to summarise:

Abominable culture
‘Good to average’ coach - at best
A bunch of overrated players who think they’re elite
A supporter base that cops the most criticism in the league.
A board that drinks their own bath water

Don’t hold your breath for a meteoric rise in 2020
Don’t worry, I’m only expecting us to win every game next year. Nothing huge.

Back