Play Nice Random Chat Thread: Episode III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree in part.

But if your propoganda is built on a tissue of lies, and helps deliver your country into utter destruction, is that success?

If you consider his job purely to motivate people for a period of time, then yes he succeeded. If you think that he had a role to help formulate a 1,000 year Reich by inspiring the population, then he was an abject failure.
A failure on the regime's part tbh, rather than just an isolated personality cog that had little real influence on strategic decisions. Make better strategic decisions, then more people would be speaking German right now.

Last edited:
With the American track record of throwing various allies under the bus post WWII, at what point do countries start looking after their own interests and getting cozy with a new 'BFF'?

Even the Israelis are getting nervous Trump will chuck them under the bus for a deal with Iran.

The Saudis well and truly got run over by the bus a few weeks back.

A failure on the regime's part tbh, rather than just an isolated personality cog that had little real influence on strategic decisions. Make better strategic decisions, then most of Europe could have easily have been speaking German right now.

Most of it does already m8.

You know what I mean.

Germany, Lictenstein, Austria and Switzerland, with several language/ethnic sub-branches, etc. Not a heap.

Its an official language in Belgium, fair few German speakers in France.

I know what you mean, but German is by far the most populous language in Europe.

Even the Israelis are getting nervous Trump will chuck them under the bus for a deal with Iran.

The Saudis well and truly got run over by the bus a few weeks back.
The Israeli's have a major invasion complex though, having been actually invaded in their modern history, so they are always worrying about being abandoned. As we all know, the Jewish lobby is quite strong in the US Congress and political circles.

Saudi's will go with whoever benefits their national interests. They are happy to be in bed with the Yanks, if it means effectively maintaining their petrol dollars and getting the latest US military equipment, but that could change. I know the Yanks were getting angsty over the proliferation of Chinese and Russian drone sales in the Middle East.

The Israeli's have a major invasion complex though, having been actually invaded in their modern history, so they are always worrying about being abandoned. As we all know, the Jewish lobby is quite strong in the US Congress and political circles.

Saudi's will go with whoever benefits their national interests. They are happy to be in bed with the Yanks, if it means effectively maintaining their petrol dollars and getting the latest US military equipment, but that could change. I know the Yanks were getting angsty over the proliferation of Chinese and Russian drone sales in the Middle East.

With good reason it would appear.

Anyway, back on Trump.

Assuming he's gone for whatever reason (impeachment or election loss due to poor policies; he's running off the rails a lot more than he used too, and that's saying something), who replaces him from the Republican side and that can restore 'normality' to that party? Also, who from the Democrats can bring a sense of 'normality' to US politics, as the alternatives don't inspire much confidence atm (a large part of the reason why El Toupee got elected in the first place).

Last edited:
Well it depends who you ask. SLF or Ferball, every one ;) . Me, most of them to varying degrees.

Need to define throwing allies under the bus. Even we had run-in's with the Americans over economics, intelligence bases and defence equipment when it came to the Yanks putting their interests first.

The USA would not have been able to maintain such a large network of regional centric allies over a 70+ year period by constantly screwing them over. There's some give and take.
Vietnam: Montagnards

Iraq: Marsh Arabs

Syria: Kurds

All people that have spilt blood at least partially for the USA's interests, all abandoned.

A timely reminder that countries have interests, not friends.

Vietnam: Montagnards

Iraq: Marsh Arabs

Syria: Kurds

All people that have spilt blood at least partially for the USA's interests, all abandoned.

A timely reminder that countries have interests, not friends.
Yep, every country does, including us.

West New Guinea-Indonesia case in point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its an official language in Belgium, fair few German speakers in France.

I know what you mean, but German is by far the most populous language in Europe.
Miles behind English and just behind French - very limited to those countries you have listed. And whilst it is an official language of Belgium, it is really limited to the Eastern fringes of the country that border Germany. After spending a few weeks all over the place earlier this year, French is predominant in most areas, rural or urban.

Someone mentioned Milgram's prison experiment in the comments.

IIRC once upon a time Australia did have the "best" results in that experiment or copies across the world in terms of rejecting unreasonable authoritarianism.

I doubt we'd see that again.

Miles behind English and just behind French - very limited to those countries you have listed. And whilst it is an official language of Belgium, it is really limited to the Eastern fringes of the country that border Germany. After spending a few weeks all over the place earlier this year, French is predominant in most areas, rural or urban.

More people speak German in the EU than French or English.

French is the language in Wallonia and Brussels in Belgium, Flanders is Flemish.

Someone mentioned Milgram's prison experiment in the comments.

IIRC once upon a time Australia did have the "best" results in that experiment or copies across the world in terms of rejecting unreasonable authoritarianism.

I doubt we'd see that again.
Australia has straight jacketed itself with so many rule and regulations it is hard to recognise it as the same country it was 20 years ago.

Hah, look at these idiots, trolled by Trump, he's got the MSM dancing to his tune!

Look at the fools running for their lives ... probably just making it up like JUSSIE SMOLLETT amirite?

Years ago i read a book by a guy from Georgia who saw a young Yezidi kid who because of his religion was unable to step outside a circle that had been drawn around him and was taunted and belted by other kids after they'd trapped him. I know not all Kurds are Yezidis but its a great metaphor for where they are at in geo political terms.

Well it depends who you ask. SLF or Ferball, every one ;) . Me, most of them to varying degrees.

Need to define throwing allies under the bus. Even we had run-in's with the Americans over economics, intelligence bases and defence equipment when it came to the Yanks putting their interests first.

The USA would not have been able to maintain such a large network of regional centric allies over a 70+ year period by constantly screwing them over. There's some give and take.

Hmong in Laos. Most of them died trying to get to Thailand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back