A-Leagues & Football Australia General Chat and News Thread

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Western united seems to be taking a harder look at the rest of Victoria and leaving victory and city to fight over melbourne it self.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
You’ll be filthy if you were an existing active member than find out you could have easily payed half price. What dogs to their loyal fans.

Yeah not really to me. I’m happy enough to pay full to have a membership pack and everything membership related sorted on the Thursday before the season starts. This is the kind of pricing tactic that is necessary to get anywhere with attracting people who haven’t bought a membership on the day before the season starts, they aren’t gonna pay the full price to get involved in the game if they haven’t done it yet.

What half price memberships? When did Victory do it?
By "Victory did one too" I meant we did a membership day. We had a buy one get one free last week.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Yeah not really to me. I’m happy enough to pay full to have a membership pack and everything membership related sorted on the Thursday before the season starts. This is the kind of pricing tactic that is necessary to get anywhere with attracting people who haven’t bought a membership on the day before the season starts, they aren’t gonna pay the full price to get involved in the game if they haven’t done it yet.

I think is more a tactic to get those who have supposedly abandard the club over the last few years since the take over back. Due to a number of reasons mainly related to the CFG, not sure its gonna work through.

Last edited:
really? I know we had a membership day but by one get one free? Who was the free one surpose to be for?
From memory the facebook post (SEN Page, not Victory) just said 'a friend'.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
From memory the facebook post (SEN Page, not Victory) just said 'a friend'.

OK found the tweet from SEN. It was for a 5 game membership through not like a full active one half price from City.

The Victory one is actually very encouraging. Doesn't actually spit in the face of exciting full members.

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
OK found the tweet from SEN. It was for a 5 game membership through not like a full active one half price from City.

The Victory one is actually very encouraging. Doesn't actually spit in the face of exciting full members.

Free memberships = very encouraging
25%-50% off memberships = spits in the face of members

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Assuming it’s GA for home, it’s effectively a 10 game membership for the price of 5

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Interesting comments from Gideon Haigh on Offsiders yesterday saying he thinks the league has kind of found it's level. I kind of agree that when fans get all chippy when the league is criticised it doesn't do the league any favours too.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Interesting comments from Gideon Haigh on Offsiders yesterday saying he thinks the league has kind of found it's level. I kind of agree that when fans get all chippy when the league is criticised it doesn't do the league any favours too.

Any link to that footage? I tend to agree too. One of the biggest problems with Football in Australia isn't just the politics but also how much the fans are so divided on pretty much everything. Just one look at 'Sokkah Twitter' and you'll realize what I mean? and I'm not just talking about A-league fans, Eurosnobs, NSL bitters, even the bandwagoners, just to much fraction.

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Can't find the other player signing thread but .... The hype is big

And then our General Manager said this:
Screenshot_20191017-084610_Chrome.jpg

Back