Recommitted Mason Cox [triggers contract extension for 2021]

Pies facing a cap squeeze and see an opportunity to offload him they know Essendon are on the hunt for a ruck/fwd and would have called Dodoro to see if he's interested.
Yeah, clubs don’t do that buddy. They allow players to explore their options, they don’t call other clubs begging them to take players off their hands.

Won't be anymore once Draper is over his acl

So Essendon bomb it to his head and because Cox is hopeless below his knees if he doesn't mark it the ball will rebound with ease no thanks rather take my chances with Stewart or Jenkins.
Not if you play Richmond.
He will take 10 contested marks and kick five goals.

If it is half a mil, I'd happily give him up for a late pick and target Jenkins who will be under half of that
Pies had to pay him that much when Brisbane was after him.
Have heard a few times on trade radio from different blokes that $500k is correct, but really what would they know.

I do not understand why they denied it. It's easy enough to say that you had a conversation about Mason Cox, and then say you have conversations about a lot of players at this time of year - its become a way bigger deal with them denying than if they'd owned up to it.
It’s because they don’t want to show Sydney that they’re preparing for life without Daniher, which would weaken their hand at the trade table.

scratchy09

Cancelled
Aug 25, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pies had to pay him that much when Brisbane was after him.
Have heard a few times on trade radio from different blokes that $500k is correct, but really what would they know.

If he is on that much, I'd be so keen to off-load him, target jenkins. Offer Grundy 5 years 1 mil. De Goey, 5 years 900k and moore 4 years 800k. Might need to off-load a few more players or convince older players such as Sidebottom and Pendles to cut some of their salary for the pursuit of a flag.

If he is on that much, I'd be so keen to off-load him, target jenkins. Offer Grundy 5 years 1 mil. De Goey, 5 years 900k and moore 4 years 800k. Might need to off-load a few more players or convince older players such as Sidebottom and Pendles to cut some of their salary for the pursuit of a flag.
I think Grundy has been offered five years. Has rejected it.
That's what I'm hearing.
Could be bullshit.
Gotta hang onto him and De Goey at all costs.
We had to offer Dusty seven years and it's paid off in spades.

Back