List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets Part II

Richmond have 19 38 39 & 41 plus Butler McIntosh and Menadue as trade bait.

So get some trades sorted.

Dogs want Bruce for pick 32, Saints want pick 13, we have Butler and pick 19, 38 & 39, which equates to pick 21 in points.

Solution is Bruce & 19 to Dogs, Butler 38 & 39 to Saints, picks 13 & 32 to Richmond.

Dogs now have Bruce and 19 which they can trade to Crows for Bruce and a second round pick back. Basically they turn first 2 picks into required ready made players and still add a top 30 kid to their list.

Saints now have 6 38 39 59 to trade with. Trade 6 and 2020 R1 to Dockers for Hill and 26, with that pick going to Swans for Jones. Picks 38 39 & 59 go to Port for Howard and Ryder. Saint have turned Bruce and pick 6 & 2020 R1 into Hill, Jones, Howard, Ryder and Butler.

Tigers now have 13 32 41 McIntosh & Menadue. Fremantle still looking for some wingers to replace Hill(Saints) and Langdon who wants Melbourne, so we send McIntosh and Menadue to Fremantle plus 32 to Melbourne, Fremantle send Langdon to Melbourne and Melbourne send pick 22 to Richmond.

Fremantle have turned Hill Langdon & pick 26 into pick 6 2020 R1 pick McIntosh and Menadue, letting them head to the draft with possibly 4 top 10 picks next 2 drafts.

Melbourne maintain maintain pick 3, add Langdon and drop 10 spots on second round.

Richmond have turned 19 38 41 Butler Ellis McIntosh and Menadue into 13 22 & 41plus the additional upgrades of Baker Chol & Stack to the senior list.

Trades sorted, everyone gets what they want/need, now lets go have some Monte Carlo biscuits and watch the 2019 season box set.

TLDR version Christ I'm bored

Roksman

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond

Dogs want Bruce for pick 32, Saints want pick 13, we have Butler and pick 19, 38 & 39, which equates to pick 21 in points.

Solution is Bruce & 19 to Dogs, Butler 38 & 39 to Saints, picks 13 & 32 to Richmond.

Dogs now have Bruce and 19 which they can trade to Crows for Bruce and a second round pick back. Basically they turn first 2 picks into required ready made players and still add a top 30 kid to their list.

Saints now have 6 38 39 59 to trade with. Trade 6 and 2020 R1 to Dockers for Hill and 26, with that pick going to Swans for Jones. Picks 38 39 & 59 go to Port for Howard and Ryder. Saint have turned Bruce and pick 6 & 2020 R1 into Hill, Jones, Howard, Ryder and Butler.

Tigers now have 13 32 41 McIntosh & Menadue. Fremantle still looking for some wingers to replace Hill(Saints) and Langdon who wants Melbourne, so we send McIntosh and Menadue to Fremantle plus 32 to Melbourne, Fremantle send Langdon to Melbourne and Melbourne send pick 22 to Richmond.

Fremantle have turned Hill Langdon & pick 26 into pick 6 2020 R1 pick McIntosh and Menadue, letting them head to the draft with possibly 4 top 10 picks next 2 drafts.

Melbourne maintain maintain pick 3, add Langdon and drop 10 spots on second round.

Richmond have turned 19 38 41 Butler Ellis McIntosh and Menadue into 13 22 & 41plus the additional upgrades of Baker Chol & Stack to the senior list.

Trades sorted, everyone gets what they want/need, now lets go have some Monte Carlo biscuits and watch the 2019 season box set.

Why would St Kilda accept our later picks? Points are only relevant to a club if they have Academy or F/S selections - which they do not have in this draft - this is a big misconception from the media.

Our only option to package up 38,39 & 41 is to Freo as they have Liam Henry as an academy selection. He is expected to be bid on between 11-15 which will the absorb their 22 + 26, with the remainder of their points giving them approx pick 35. So we theoretically could try package those picks for 22+26 to Freo but they also run a risk as there's no guarantee that the Liam Henry bid comes in that range - therefore they would lose out in this trade should the bid come later. I'm sure we could live trade also to help the situation but it all becomes very complicated.

guruisatiger

Grand Poohbah of Ganymede
Oct 25, 2006
from the hinterlands of sri lanka and tibet
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
B.S.C youngboys.. Borussia Dortmund
And should be Rookied. At 23 he has been great of half back or even deeper. Looks to play similar in some ways to Grimes (note similar, not same). Has that same ability of closing speed in a contest, like he's assessed the options and now hits it hard. Apart of the AFL players, easily the best of the rest for mine.
Him and Beasley should be seriously looked at

I really like the potential of CCJ but he regrets signing a 2 year contract earlier this year. Was pretty stoked to debut against Essendon and knows his playing some good footy in the twos but not confident in too many games next year. Too much competition ahead of him were his words and he’s pretty keen to go back to SA. It’ll be interesting to see what happens with him next year but hopefully he gets given some opportunity
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Why would St Kilda accept our later picks? Points are only relevant to a club if they have Academy or F/S selections - which they do not have in this draft - this is a big misconception from the media.

Our only option to package up 38,39 & 41 is to Freo as they have Liam Henry as an academy selection. He is expected to be bid on between 11-15 which will the absorb their 22 + 26, with the remainder of their points giving them approx pick 35. So we theoretically could try package those picks for 22+26 to Freo but they also run a risk as there's no guarantee that the Liam Henry bid comes in that range - therefore they would lose out in this trade should the bid come later. I'm sure we could live trade also to help the situation but it all becomes very complicated.
When the Saints are trying to get Jones Hill Howard Ryder and possibly Butler and only have pick 6 to trade with they take a bunch of lower picks to give them more bargaining options.

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers, Glenelg Tigers
This.

People saying some of us were getting too worked up over the compo decision. This is why, it significantly impacted our flexibility for both the trade / draft.
Also conveniently ignoring the fact that the Club was pissed about it too. Ellis haters who couldn't bear the thought that he'd get end of first or beginning of second round compo a la Barrett tantrum. Anyway, they got their wish despite compo having zero to do with what your personal opinion of him as a player was.

Martin#4

Club Legend
Apr 27, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond

Seeing this makes me even more angry After the AFL shafted us on the Ellis compo.

19 & 21 (and maybe one of our second rounders) could’ve easily gotten us a pick just inside the top 10.

Imagine adding a top 10 draft pick to our GF side along with Alex Rance and Sydney Stack + Marlion Pickett + Tom Lynch with full pre-seasons.

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams

Your dining room table must be like Churchill's desk in the war room RT. Lol

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Seeing this makes me even more angry After the AFL shafted us on the Ellis compo.

19 & 21 (and maybe one of our second rounders) could’ve easily gotten us a pick just inside the top 10.

Imagine adding a top 10 draft pick to our GF side along with Alex Rance and Sydney Stack + Marlion Pickett + Tom Lynch with full pre-seasons.
Exactly why the afl nixed it.

Jan 13, 2005
The Hospital
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Golden State, Daniel Rioli
E974B675-801B-4F11-BE8F-13010DE52FB4.png

What the * is Cook on about the AFL not letting cats have extra cap room isnt in the interests of the game?

He just plays at another club now, he still plays AFL.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Love premiership player nank .... but why couldn't CCJ go by him?

I think CCJ can do a Soldo on Nank and by pass him as i think CCJ is already a better forward, and has the height to be better ruck particularly in the middle than Nank.
No doubt he has the potential too be better than Nank.However I hope he earns the right to dethrone Nank by performance rather than in fear of losing him.

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Thanks Tiger71 - Didn't expect you to reply. Finally something happening

Just a heads up all, I have been really busy with RL stuff. Honestly, just got made redundant, so obviously have a lot going on. I am sharing that bit of personal news, just so I can be stopped being tagged into posts and stuff. I am fine however, and I have a few things already in the pipe line so will bounce back from this OK, just have more to worry about then who is going for what at this stage.

Cheers.

Back