Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

People who crap on about who won this trade and who lost that are amateurs. It is not a dick measuring competition.
FWIW if Hill stays at Freo then that would be fail for the Saints as they clearly wanted him but failed to get the job done. Freo's preference has been to keep him all along.

Of course Bell will demand that.

We have another week to break Freo over this.

He doesn't want to play for your club anymore, why would you keep him?
Because he will still play well for us next season, just like Kelly.

If he is so desperate to not go to our club then he will be more than happy to go to any Vic club, Obviously it is largely about the money, because I'm sure every Vic club would take him if it weren't.

Doesn't seem like Freo were serious about trading Hill. 6 should have been more than enough for an outside player that turns 27 in season next year.

Not really sure why St's would be chasing him as he is an icing on the top type of player. They need to build a decent midfield first.

I don't put much stock in anything Tom Morris says but 6 and a future second is a good deal that is now gone.

I reckon a deal will get done because the Saints will battle to chase Hill and King next year. Not sure what they'll pair with 12 though.
Tom Morris is pretty spot on with StKilda. Use to work for us so gets a lot of good mail.

Would love to hear Freo comment on the offer reported by Tom Morris. It sounds like a great offer if that’s it in the entirety ie Saints weren’t also asking for something back.

Plenty to play out here. There’s no one finger salutes going on. This ain’t the under 12s.
Ducks are lined up. You don’t trade out 6 for 2 lower firsts without a plan.
You’d imagine Hill is in that plan.

Tom Morris just creating click bait headlines.

Question for Freo supporters. What's to stop Hill giving a half arsed effort from here on out? Clearly the St Kilda offer was more then fair yet his own club shut him down. Not looking to vex anyone by the way.

Because he will still play well for us next season, just like Kelly.

If he is so desperate to not go to our club then he will be more than happy to go to any Vic club, Obviously it is largely about the money, because I'm sure every Vic club would take him if it weren't.

Very Few Vic Clubs could afford that price for Brad Hill a Top 10 and future first.

A top 10 pick is crazy by itself you would probably need to be an all Australian calibre player to pay that. You would think the saints would hold off a season if that's the case.

He is a very good player but realistically he needs to go to a strong team if pick 5 or 6 is on the table you should grab that with both hands and forget about the rest

Would love to hear Freo comment on the offer reported by Tom Morris. It sounds like a great offer if that’s it in the entirety ie Saints weren’t also asking for something back.

If it was the last 2 days and this was put on the table I’d have been satisfied. Especially in the knowledge we could split 6 ourselves.

The fact Saints traded 6 so quickly isn’t a f you to Freo IMO. It’s a move to satisfy us in another way.

If we had absolutely demanded 6? I can’t see Saints moving it out so quickly if they really wanted Hill.

But a very strong opening from Saints that was indeed the offer... which I don’t believe for a second. Think it may have been 6, future 2nd and then wanting Hill and our 2nd. Just my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question for Freo supporters. What's to stop Hill giving a half arsed effort from here on out? Clearly the St Kilda offer was more then fair yet his own club shut him down. Not looking to vex anyone by the way.
Another Kelly last year trade coming up. Sadly B. Hill is contracted to 2021, so St kilda might as well wait until 2021.

Apparently he asked last year to be traded to Hawthorn. His year this year showed no sign of being half arsed. His brother and best mates are at Freo. He wouldn’t break those bonds.

I would have taken 6 and a future second

Bell did the right thing in posturing for more than that, Saints decide to trade away the picks after the first no?

ever heard of a negotiation saints?

Bell wants 2 firsts it seems.

People who crap on about who won this trade and who lost that are amateurs. It is not a dick measuring competition.
FWIW if Hill stays at Freo then that would be fail for the Saints as they clearly wanted him but failed to get the job done. Freo's preference has been to keep him all along.
Not a fail at all. What Bell was asking would have been close to the biggest trade in history. Let that sink in.

It would have been a massive fail if we had of accepted it.

Bell was better off saying months ago that Hill wouldn't be traded. Saints were never giving that.

Its going to hurt his reputation not anyone else's. 2nd year in a row he's tried to play games and ended up looking like a dick.

I don't think people realise that there's still like a week of Trade Period left. We aren't going to accept that deal now but in a weeks' time then maybe we would've. It is all just bargaining between the two clubs

Yeah but isnt that school yard negotiation type stuff?

I mean, just as important as getting good value is maintaining a healthy working relationship with the other club. Getting a deal sorted quickly, without fuss and to the satisfaction of all parties carries value (the clubs leave with a good taste in their mouths, the players (and other players) respect the ability of the clubs to get s**t done, and no other clubs get stuffed around waiting for the dominoes to fall).

Just shake hands and get it done. The deal itself sounds pretty fair. Maybe swap a few later picks and everyones happy.

Freo's best interest is keeping Hill.
Saints future second pick could be 30-40 once the NGA/FS picks have been taken into consideration, it doesn't have huge value.
Of note, apart from needing points for Henry, there is 3 highly rated East Fremantle kids ( Jackson/Rivers/Sharp ) I would not be surprised if freo wanted to put themselves in a position to draft at least two of them.
Ala Longmuir, Josh Carr, bring some freo passion back into the club

Very Few Vic Clubs could afford that price for Brad Hill a Top 10 and future first.

A top 10 pick is crazy by itself you would probably need to be an all Australian calibre player to pay that. You would think the saints would hold off a season if that's the case.

He is a very good player but realistically he needs to go to a strong team if pick 5 or 6 is on the table you should grab that with both hands and forget about the rest
No offence, but I would've thought a Geelong supporter out of everyone would know what it's like to have one of your best players wanting to be traded, and the club wanting a high price...

Yeah but isnt that school yard negotiation type stuff?

I mean, just as important as getting good value is maintaining a healthy working relationship with the other club. Getting a deal sorted quickly, without fuss and to the satisfaction of all parties carries value (the clubs leave with a good taste in their mouths, the players (and other players) respect the ability of the clubs to get s**t done, and no other clubs get stuffed around waiting for the dominoes to fall).

Just shake hands and get it done. The deal itself sounds pretty fair. Maybe swap a few later picks and everyones happy.
It will take time for a trade to be raised that satisfies both parties, and probably other parties if other clubs get involved. I suppose it's just Freo though who are creating bad relationships, not every other club who haven't agreed to trades yet.

Once again, we don't want to lose Hill, so we aren't just going to shake hands and get it done because then us and our fans won't be happy

Tim Kelly versus Cam McCarthy trades. Tim got a much bigger payday by going back and putting in a big year.

Back