Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't put much stock in anything Tom Morris says but 6 and a future second is a good deal that is now gone.

I reckon a deal will get done because the Saints will battle to chase Hill and King next year. Not sure what they'll pair with 12 though.

Acres?

No sure why the Saints traded away 6, why would Freo want lesser draft picks?

If a bid comes in for their NGA kid, they will have to be used to match a bid if a early one comes in.

He is under contract for a while, you were always going to be paying overs to get him.

No sure why the Saints traded away 6, why would Freo want lesser draft picks?

If a bid comes in for their NGA kid, they will have to be used to match a bid if a early one comes in.

He is under contract for a while, you were always going to be paying overs to get him.
There's overs and there's two first round picks when we have so many other targets. Meanwhile GWS offered us a deal that should help us acquire those targets.

I agree. It was a great price.

So IMO it has to be beat or we keep Brad Hill. I'm content with both of those outcomes.
I'm happy for you to keep him. The issue is though, if that was the plan all along Bell should have should made the Saints aware months ago. It's going to do a lot of damage for Freo.

There's overs and there's two first round picks when we have so many other targets. Meanwhile GWS offered us a deal that should help us acquire those targets.

Well if I was Freo and just saw what Kelly was traded for out of contract and I have a elite player with 2 years to go, I would be demanding 6 and a future first as well.

Not sure how you will please Freo now but see what happens.

I'm happy for you to keep him. The issue is though, if that was the plan all along Bell should have should made the Saints aware months ago. It's going to do a lot of damage for Freo.
It's going to burn St Kilda so much more. The next person you offer 6 years at $900,000 to will know you won't pay that for their trade and they will go to Melbourne instead.

Well if I was Freo and just saw what Kelly was traded for out of contract and I have a elite player with 2 years to go, I would be demanding 6 and a future first as well.

Not sure how you will please Freo now but see what happens.

And if St Kilda took a look at the brownlow medal tally and see Tim Kelly on 24 votes and Brad Hill on 4 votes, they they are right to be careful with what they are offering.

I would have taken 6 and a future second

Bell did the right thing in posturing for more than that, Saints decide to trade away the picks after the first no?

ever heard of a negotiation saints?

Bell wants 2 firsts it seems.

IF the Saints didnt explain they had alternatives with pick 6 they would be novices ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe he did? I mean how much do any of us truly know?? Maybe he said all along go and explore Brad, but we'll be demanding 2 first rounders +.

There's 100% more to play out.

At worst IMO it's 18 + future first. On face value that would seem better than 6 and future 2nd, but I'd rather pick 6 and future 2nd.

Think there's some shuffling to happen.

This is by no means dead and if it is I'm happy with Hill.

I love the armchair experts from other clubs " he's not worth 2 first rounders". Well actually, he's worth whatever Fremantle thinks he's worth as he's CONTRACTED for another 2 years. As I've said before the Seller determines the value, not the buyer.

It's going to burn St Kilda so much more. The next person you offer 6 years at $900,000 to will know you won't pay that for their trade and they will go to Melbourne instead.
It's also going to show incompetence by the club to not get a trade done for their no.1 target and put doubt in other players that they're run correctly.

Will be interesting now for Freo.

Will other younger players look at it and say to Freo when they are drafted nah im Happy to sign a 2 year contract instead of long term deals in case i want out and a deal doesn't get done.

Not the best look. Will also be interesting to see what impact this has with other clubs if Freo are trying to bring in players.

As for us, well we offered 6 and a future which is massive over for anyone to see in the AFL.

Won't have an affect on players nominating us, as its not like we short changed Freo by offering a nothing pick.

Are you serious lol

St Kilda offers a player a very good offer and offers his club at least a very fair deal and probably leaning to overs.

Genuinely can’t see how Saints end up looking bad in this. We didn’t lowball Freo by any stretch.

Fremantle expected a trade in line with the contract offer to the player.

Back