Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 9 - The Shi'ites Hit The Fan (Cont. in Part 10, see OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neddy, just because the leftorium had some problems it is not Trumps fault, employment numbers are pretty good.

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/02/7473...se-its-hard-to-see-why-the-economy-is-slowing

No they are not.

This is why people like yourself should not discuss economics. It's not enough to quote the number, you have to understand what the number means and how it is calculated.

For decades now, employment data has been allowed to be deliberately misleading. It has not adapted to changes from a manufacturing to a service economy. It's the same with inflation, which often takes far too long to update it's basket of goods. It's also true for GDP, which fails to account for efficiency dividends.

You know how to read a number, congratulations. Next try to understand it

No they are not.

This is why people like yourself should not discuss economics. It's not enough to quote the number, you have to understand what the number means and how it is calculated.

For decades now, employment data has been allowed to be deliberately misleading. It has not adapted to changes from a manufacturing to a service economy. It's the same with inflation, which often takes far too long to update it's basket of goods. It's also true for GDP, which fails to account for efficiency dividends.

You know how to read a number, congratulations. Next try to understand it

The left-

you do not understand

you should not discuss employment numbers

you should not discuss the economy

when you have a job now that you didn't have before it's not a real job

orange man bad

Impeach now

It should be a priority to build a strong military but the goal of being able to successfully take on China is not a reallity. Out of necessity we need US help.
Are you a globalist?

How else could you accept this subjugation of Australian sovereignty?

What do you mean by international order ?
The vast multilateral and bilateral framework that wingnuts decry as "globalism" because they think it makes them sound smart.

EGfUts0W4AA8lbn

Because the incentive doesnt work if only some countries do it. it needs to be a coordinated decision with almost everyone condemning the invasion to be effective. Without a UN you just end up with alliances which leads to bigger wars.

So if only a few countries decide to punish China how is the UN going to force those countries who did nothing to change their mind ?

Don't you think your also taking a very negative view that most countries will only do the right thing if the UN tells them to do so ?

Are you a globalist?

How else could you accept this subjugation of Australian sovereignty?

The vast multilateral and bilateral framework that wingnuts decry as "globalism" because they think it makes them sound smart.

An alliance is very different to a global goverment.

Military alliance between AUS and US good. The UN bad.

So you have not taken anything on board from literally about 10 different posters in this thread on the past two pages. All made very valid points why a global government or Un is vastly superior to alliances. You havent responded to any of the points made to refute them. Just decided you are not going to change your mind.

Why should posters respond to you from now on?

Can you explain any of this? I doubt it. You just pick and choose because you have no idea what you're talking about.

You dislike "globalism" and bodies like the UN because they undermine the sovereignty of individual nations. But Australia's overwhelming dependence on the US to guarantee its security also undermines that sovereignty. So if you are consistent, which you obviously are not, you should be against it.

Instead, you are OK with the US being Australia's protector. You must therefore be a globalist and not sufficiently committed to Australia's sovereignty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you explain any of this? I doubt it. You just pick and choose because you have no idea what you're talking about.

You dislike "globalism" and bodies like the UN because they undermine the sovereignty of individual nations. But Australia's overwhelming dependence on the US to guarantee its security also undermines that sovereignty. So if you are consistent, which you obviously are not, you should be against it.

Instead, you are OK with the US being Australia's protector. You must therefore be a globalist and not sufficiently committed to Australia's sovereignty.

That doesn't make much sense either.

The alliance with the USA is a deterrent factor. If China is thinking of attacking Australia, it has to factor in that there is a mutual defence treaty between Australia and the USA and it will likely have to face the USA in conflict as well.
The USA is not responsible for our defence and security, which is what your post is insinuating that he is ok with.

A mutual defence agreement is vastly different to globalism and policies being directed by an non-elected globalist body like the United Nations.

So you have not taken anything on board from literally about 10 different posters in this thread on the past two pages. All made very valid points why a global government or Un is vastly superior to alliances. You havent responded to any of the points made to refute them. Just decided you are not going to change your mind.

Why should posters respond to you from now on?

Road runs 2 ways perhaps you should all be listening to me .

Given the way elections are going in most of the western world it would suggest my views represent the majority.

You and and all others in favour of the UN can't actually say what it is the UN can do that cant be done without it ?

Is the real reason why you support the UN simply wealth redistribution ?

That doesn't make much sense either.

The alliance with the USA is a deterrent factor. If China is thinking of attacking Australia, it has to factor in that there is a mutual defence treaty between Australia and the USA and it will likely have to face the USA in conflict as well.
The USA is not responsible for our defence and security, which is what your post is insinuating that he is ok with.

A mutual defence agreement is vastly different to globalism and policies being directed by an non-elected globalist body like the United Nations.
The US is the fundamental guarantor of Australian security. I just wonder how "sovereignty fanboys" feel about that.

Can you explain how the US alliance undermines our sovereignty ? That's your claim not mine.

The US is the fundamental guarantor of Australian security. I just wonder how "sovereignty fanboys" feel about that.

Yes we fall under the US nuclear umbrella. So does the rest of the Western world.
That doesn't mean we are less sovereign. You're clutching at straws to make an argument against him.

Yes we fall under the US nuclear umbrella. So does the rest of the Western world.
That doesn't mean we are less sovereign. You're clutching at straws to make an argument against him.
I am merely asking him to explain where his obsession with sovereignty starts and finishes.

If you go back through the last few pages, I think you'll find no straws are required.

I'm asking if you believe that should be the priority given you are a nationalist and you're all about sovereignty. Given your views, surely it is unacceptable for Australia to be so dependent on the US for its security. That doesn't align with your views about the fundamental importance of sovereignty and hostility towards the international order.

I'm saying the international order, including security ties with other countries, is a deterrent.

But you'd prefer to dismantle that international order. Because sovereignty. And globalism is bad. Or something.
Boring!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back