Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be interesting now for Freo.

Will other younger players look at it and say to Freo when they are drafted nah im Happy to sign a 2 year contract instead of long term deals in case i want out and a deal doesn't get done.

Not the best look. Will also be interesting to see what impact this has with other clubs if Freo are trying to bring in players.

As for us, well we offered 6 and a future which is massive over for anyone to see in the AFL.

Won't have an affect on players nominating us, as its not like we short changed Freo by offering a nothing pick.

It shows that when Freo say they value a player, they mean it.

St Kilda would be broadcasting to the whole league that they will offer huge deals to try and poach players mid contract and then not follow through on the deal in line with that contract.

Will be interesting now for Freo.

Will other younger players look at it and say to Freo when they are drafted nah im Happy to sign a 2 year contract instead of long term deals in case i want out and a deal doesn't get done.

Not the best look. Will also be interesting to see what impact this has with other clubs if Freo are trying to bring in players.

As for us, well we offered 6 and a future which is massive over for anyone to see in the AFL.

Won't have an affect on players nominating us, as its not like we short changed Freo by offering a nothing pick.

We've landed pretty much everyone we've targeted.

Hogan, Lobb, Wilson, Brad Hill, Hamling, McCarthy

Saints? You already have Ryder looking elsewhere.

It's also going to show incompetence by the club to not get a trade done for their no.1 target and put doubt in other players that they're run correctly.
Not at all.

Incompetence would have been to give up close to the biggest deal in history.

We've offered well overs. We did the right thing by walking away.

And they got one in pick 6 and a second rounder.

I know he’s your player and all but he’s Brad Hill we’re talking about.

Think it’s win/win for him to stay at Freo now.
If Brad Hill is such an average player, why is he being offered a $5.4 million deal by St Kilda?

Why do St Kilda think they can buy a player for top 2% cash but not an equal trade value when he has two years left?

If Brad Hill is such an average player, why is he being offered a $5.4 million deal by St Kilda?

Why do St Kilda think they can buy a player for top 2% cash but not an equal trade value when he has two years left?
Mate I like Hill.

I think he’s worth a first rounder sure. I think fair value for him is around pick 10-12. I understand he’s contracted and all so I’d bear giving up pick 6 for him.

So now when we’ve offered 6 and a second rounder and it’s been rejected you can imagine why I’m very pleased for him to stay at Freo/go else where in Victoria.

It's going to burn St Kilda so much more. The next person you offer 6 years at $900,000 to will know you won't pay that for their trade and they will go to Melbourne instead.
Nah, I think most people would acknowledge that pick 6 + a future second is more than fair. I'd be surprised if many players would expect us to trade 10 first round picks and both testicles to get them across, clubs are usually more reasonable than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the reason he wants to go to Melbourne because of the partner?

Maybe he can pull a Tim Kelly and spin some crap about St Kilda being a family club and his wife is crying tears of joy about going there. That should get it done.

While Hill is an outside player, he doesn't get soft possessions.
He gets all his possessions by gut running into open space and repeat sprints.
It will never win him a brownlow true, but along with being able to hit targets at pace,
It's a rare skill set in the AFL, absolutely worth what St Kilda have reportedly offered him financially

Is the reason he wants to go to Melbourne because of the partner?

Maybe he can pull a Tim Kelly and spin some crap about St Kilda being a family club and his wife is crying tears of joy about going there. That should get it done.
Two first round and pick 24 not a bad outcome for Geelong giving up Tim Kelly and his wife tears .

LOL short memory. What about the previous 10 years??

Why stop at 10 then. Just say past 25 years or past 55 years?

Over the last few years we've done well and landed our targets or those that have nominated Fremantle.

I'm near sure you'll land Brad Hill, but who exactly have Saints landed in recent years??

This will get done - Freo will get2 x first rd picks plus bit extra.
The deal doesn't have to be acceptable for the seller in this instance..........it has to be exceptional and it will be.

This will get done - Freo will get2 x first rd picks plus bit extra.
The deal doesn't have to be acceptable for the seller in this instance..........it has to be exceptional and it will be.

I can't see it not getting done.

Hill probably couldn't care less where plays.. but when the Mrs wants to go..... things are serious.

It shows that when Freo say they value a player, they mean it.

St Kilda would be broadcasting to the whole league that they will offer huge deals to try and poach players mid contract and then not follow through on the deal in line with that contract.

Incorrect IMO. Managers understand the trade market. Every commentator believes St Kilda were very fair & Freo / Bell was unreasonable. Would not surprise me if Managers encourage players to avoid going to Freo if Bell continues like he has been the last 2 trade periods. He’s developing a poor reputation.

Back