Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Incorrect IMO. Managers understand the trade market. Every commentator believes St Kilda were very fair & Freo / Bell was unreasonable. Would not surprise me if Managers encourage players to avoid going to Freo if Bell continues like he has been the last 2 trade periods. He’s developing a poor reputation.
St Kilda got played by Colin Young looking after his client.

St Kilda will now be known as the team that offers huge deals they can't achieve, so pick Essendon instead when you want to come back to Victoria.

Watch Ben King play for the Pies in 2021.

It's going to burn St Kilda so much more. The next person you offer 6 years at $900,000 to will know you won't pay that for their trade and they will go to Melbourne instead.

literally no one is going to worry about that. no ones going to expect clubs to be so damn outlandish in their demands.

what it will have an affect on is anyone doing a long term deal with Freo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What Hill will be paid at St Kilda next year is more than Tim Kelly, and Hill is contracted.
Nothing to do with it. We have as much Salary cap space as anyone and you need to meet a minimum of 95%. If we paid him 3 Million just so we meet our minimum requirement means squat on what he is worth 'AS A PLAYER TRADE WISE'.

It shows that when Freo say they value a player, they mean it.

St Kilda would be broadcasting to the whole league that they will offer huge deals to try and poach players mid contract and then not follow through on the deal in line with that contract.

you mean like on the Brown deal... then we ended up still being able to get Carlisle.

lolz.

literally the entire industry is laughing at Peter Bell right now.

No offence, but I would've thought a Geelong supporter out of everyone would know what it's like to have one of your best players wanting to be traded, and the club wanting a high price...

Exactly lol and everyone else gets to comment on what is under and overs so here I am.

Brad Hill might be a reasonable player but anything over a top 10 pick would be crazy.

Even they two split would be an amazing haul for the dockers.

I just can't see many clubs paying it, you can put what ever price out you want with contracted players. Like west coast last season clubs can say no with all respect

literally no one is going to worry about that. no ones going to expect clubs to be so damn outlandish in their demands.

what it will have an affect on is anyone doing a long term deal with Freo

Every club will be looking at St Kilda as the guy sweeping in with huge money trying to dislodge your best players but shirking your trade request.

Good luck.

What Hill will be paid at St Kilda next year is more than Tim Kelly, and Hill is contracted.

900k figure is incorrect.

Bruce is contracted, are we asking for 13 straight up? Its a sellers market, hes worth what we say he is worth after all. No?

If you honestly think Hill is worth more than Kelly you might just be Bell

Will be interesting now for Freo.

Will other younger players look at it and say to Freo when they are drafted nah im Happy to sign a 2 year contract instead of long term deals in case i want out and a deal doesn't get done.

Not the best look. Will also be interesting to see what impact this has with other clubs if Freo are trying to bring in players.

As for us, well we offered 6 and a future which is massive over for anyone to see in the AFL.

Won't have an affect on players nominating us, as its not like we short changed Freo by offering a nothing pick.
Don't know, all hypothetical. What would it mean to players when St Kilda offers 900k a year for 5yrs then can't get the deal done?

Back