Autopsy We ******* did it again Richmond 2019 premiers!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I can understand cats fans being pi**ed because they were pretty damn good in that prelim, and if they’d won they’d have beaten GWS pretty easily too.
But Collingwood? The GF would’ve been the same result, maybe even bigger.
That is the part I like the best...GFs slipping through the fingers of the 'smartest man in the room'...once in 2017 and then again in 2019...Best! :)

I can understand cats fans being pi**ed because they were pretty damn good in that prelim, and if they’d won they’d have beaten GWS pretty easily too.
But Collingwood? The GF would’ve been the same result, maybe even bigger.
The Cats f**ked themselves up (due in no small part to their knob of a coach) by losing the QF to Collingwood. That put them in our side of the draw.

The Cats f**ked themselves up (due in no small part to their knob of a coach) by losing the QF to Collingwood. That put them in our side of the draw.
It wouldn’t have mattered as we were going to chew any team up who got in our way. Geelong have done themselves no favours for next year with signing up Ablett and Taylor again as well as losing their best player by a country mile in Kelly. They’re picking up early picks , but they will burn them on another bag of potatoes as Scott and his FD struggle to develop kids.

As some people on here know I followed around Ivan Appelrouth on his Victorian part of his Aussie tour last week.
We got yapping a lot and he told us he was from Richmond, Virginia 😀. I asked him if he enjoyed the AFL GF and he was shocked how those Tigers kicked arse on those Giants for a championship game. I said to him since you’re from Richmond you’re a born and bred Tiger and you’re one of us. He agreed and said he was instantly converted and interested in the game once he heard Richmond was playing.
We’ve got private emails going and I’m sending him a Tiger scarf and beanie over as a gift for his conversion. His finger plucking Ragtime Blues of the 1890-1930 was breathtaking and fortunately it was appreciated at the Shack Coburg, The Handle Bar Bendigo and in the Meadows Adelaide .
Below is a shot of him (left) with my buddy taken in Bendigo.

D92AAB61-EEAA-46EA-98CC-BC67B20AD6A1.jpeg

It wouldn’t have mattered as we were going to chew any team up who got in our way. Geelong have done themselves no favours for next year with signing up Ablett and Taylor again as well as losing their best player by a country mile in Kelly. They’re picking up early picks , but they will burn them on another bag of potatoes as Scott and his FD struggle to develop kids.
Completely agree, TI. Whoever we came up against grand final day were copping a mauling. Giants, Pies, Cats...it didn't matter. Any Collingwood or Geelong fans who think their side could have got near us are either lying, blind or insane.

Clokey with 32 disposals !!! Wondering now if this was also the game that Raines hit Duperouzel with the best clothesline ever (until Hercules Hernandez laid out the Macho Man a few years later). Can't believe he never got reported for it. if it was today he would have got 8 weeks easily

Wondering now if this was also the game that Raines hit Duperouzel with the best clothesline ever (until Hercules Hernandez laid out the Macho Man a few years later).
That could be the game. It's hard to remember, lol.

I recall a clothesline delivered by Scott Steiner to Lex Luger (I think it was Luger) that sounded like it broke him in half!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

don't think he was a huge fan of Luger either which wouldn't have helped poor Lex much
If it's the match I'm thinking of (Steiners vs Luger/Sting) there was plenty handed out on both sides. Rick Steiner giving Luger a brutal belly to back suplex was a highlight.

Apologies if anyone has posted this before. How bloody awesome is this guy's story? A few months ago nobody had heard of him but everybody, not just us Richmond folk, will be talking about him for the next 50 years! This brought a little tear to my eye. Even though there's only a brief shot of him, the story of his Dad getting on a plane and making sure he was there for the day is fantastic!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back