List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Can't trade players on draft night.

You have GWS over a barrel, if you bid on Green at 4, they burn pick 6 with nothing left, makes their pick 6 for 12 & 18 a downgrade in points. Time to go for the throat, as others have suggested, 4 & Sauce & a later pick for 6 & Hateley. GWS are swimming in midfielders and adding Green to Ward and Cogs to their GF team. Go for it.
But they go to Melbourne saying "can you beat this ", then play us off

Would be interesting if Sydney trade say their #5 & #25 for Dees' #3 & #42 to have a crack a Greene. Anyone know if Greene would be a good match for Sydney?
Perfect, if we've still got pick 5 we're bidding on Green, we've done the full interview, visit at home etc. It's why GWS must have a second pick swap in the pipeline to get ahead of us.

Can't trade players on draft night.

You have GWS over a barrel, if you bid on Green at 4, they burn pick 6 with nothing left, makes their pick 6 for 12 & 18 a downgrade in points. Time to go for the throat, as others have suggested, 4 & Sauce & a later pick for 6 & Hateley. GWS are swimming in midfielders and adding Green to Ward and Cogs to their GF team. Go for it.

Spoken like a true rivalry enemy. lol

With that said, I 100% agree with you its the right call. Both tactically and in terms of wanting Green as well.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Geelong are a bunch of anchors.:p

Nah

Just shows how bad, how gullible we were. Geelong absolutely ran rings around us

That’s on us, not them

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Im neither. But I have a fair idea of what each teams needs are. As do our recruiting team.
Recruiting managers don’t go for team needs in the following season. They work 2-5 seasons ahead of team needs.

What you or I think our team needs are Ogilvie was probably thinking about in 2016-17

Nah

Just shows how bad, how gullible we were. Geelong absolutely ran rings around us

That’s on us, not them

Ive often wandered how that would have played out if we held firm and demanded two 1sts at least from them.

I couldnt imagine Danger spending a year out of footy.

I genuinely think a deal would have been done last in the last hour of trade week.

Why you ask?

You mentioned how the Giants have made excellent choices, I would argue that it has been fortuitous because of very high draft picks than identifying talent outside the 1st round.

With that said, you still have to pick the right players, using the Suns as a measuring tool, you have far exceeded them in comparison.

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
You mentioned how the Giants have made excellent choices, I would argue that it has been fortuitous because of very high draft picks than identifying talent outside the 1st round.

With that said, you still have to pick the right players, using the Suns as a measuring tool, you have far exceeded them in comparison.
The ones I was mostly referring to were the likes of Daniels (27), Taylor (28) and how they kept trading up because they had identified Tim Taranto.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
GC only willing to give a 3rd rounder. Essendon and Geelong would get the 2nd rounder out of this. Let’s see what we can do
You don't give a 3rd round for a player in a trade ....your giving a 3 year contract to, with a trigger for a 4th

Last edited:

jirkago

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
How many draft pick do GC have??
As if they will use them all anyway, they should through us a second rounder. I get a feeling now that GC are drafting SA talent, we will be dealing with them a lot in the future

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

How do we feel if we push them into the PSD ?? Very unlikely, almost impossible I know, but would we be happy missing picks and making a statement that we won't buckle ??

I would be.

I wouldn't. The statement would just be that we're stupid, especially with how many players we are losing.

Unless either of them are trying to get them for fourths, I'd end up accepting.

I'd hold out for the entire trade period, only completing it in the last 5 minutes though.

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
How do we feel if we push them into the PSD ?? Very unlikely, almost impossible I know, but would we be happy missing picks and making a statement that we won't buckle ??

I would be.

Maybe the talk about us changing the terms of how much we are willing to pay Eddie are related to the troubles in these two deals.

I wouldn’t be happy taking nothing. But if we got rid of JJ and Eddie, I’d be comfortable in giving one of these two blokes the contract they are after as long as it’s front loaded.

We should be rebuilding anyway. We should have a young team for the next few years if we are doing things the way we should.

Back