Draft Watcher eDPS Draft Watch 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giants trading up to pick 4 in exchange for 12 and 18 + a future 1st, looking to pick up a player before Green gets bidded on. I reckon they have their eye on Ash or Young.

Giants trading up to pick 4 in exchange for 12 and 18 + a future 1st, looking to pick up a player before Green gets bidded on. I reckon they have their eye on Ash or Young.
Where are they getting the points from to do that unless they trade more players out for picks?

Why on earth would you give away 3 first rounders for one?....When you can get Green for 1 & a quarter of those picks anyhow, with the 25% discount?

Seems like a net loss for mine.

But lose 2 other first rounders & a Second round pick into the bargain.

Kinda seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face.
12 and 18 would’ve been used to match 5, with their pick next year potentially being 15-19 given the mid round compensation to Gold Coast. With the 2020 draft already going to be heavily compromised in the 1st round, giants have obviously thought it’ll be better to bring in 2 top5 players this year and forgo their pick next year.

12 and 18 would’ve been used to match 5, with their pick next year potentially being 15-19 given the mid round compensation to Gold Coast. With the 2020 draft already going to be heavily compromised in the 1st round, giants have obviously thought it’ll be better to bring in 2 top5 players this year and forgo their pick next year.

Well good luck getting Pick 4 this year then ,seeing as the Top 30 are at a premium.

Where are they getting the points from to do that unless they trade more players out for picks?

I assume itll be 12 18 FR1 for 4 and something in the 30s back (say whatever you get for greenwood). Gives them 30ish 40 plus whatever they get for Patton and whoever else they trade out to match a bid.

Why on earth would you give away 3 first rounders for one?....When you can get Green for 1 & a quarter of those picks anyhow, with the 25% discount?

Seems like a net loss for mine.

Quality over quantity.

It was 12 and 18 for 6 not 4. It's bizarre as what they had was worth more in points.

Crows at 4 will almost definitely bid on him, so there goes pick 6 with some change leftover and ability to draft someone else before he's bid on.

It was 12 and 18 for 6 not 4. It's bizarre as what they had was worth more in points.

Crows at 4 will almost definitely bid on him, so there goes pick 6 with some change leftover and ability to draft someone else before he's bid on.

They will go again.

And if there one thing Adelaide do consistently on draft night is bid for the academy players

They will go again.

They'll have to, as Sydney will almost certainly bid on him at 5, if Melbourne or Adelaide don't....He's ranked 3rd at this stage, so they'll need to snaffle pick 3 to guarantee another Top line player.

Seems like self-defeating lunacy to me; But they're certainly the one club who can afford to do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They'll have to, as Sydney will almost certainly bid on him at 5, if Melbourne or Adelaide don't....He's ranked 3rd at this stage, so they'll need to snaffle pick 3 to guarantee another Top line player.

Seems like self-defeating lunacy to me; But they're certainly the one club who can afford to do it.

Agreed. Personally would go at 1 but doubt Gold Coast would risk it given their retention problems.

Who GWS take at 4 is the question? Few rumours it could be Young. Cats are also said to be now hunting a high pick to potentially use to take Flanders with.
I reckon it more likely would be Lachie Ash with his run and gun style suited to their attacking game style replacing veteran Heath Shaw?

Hi eDPS, appreciate the time and effort you put in to your work and enjoying reading the pages.
I would be absolutely stocked if the Baggers could snare Cameron Tehany, as I think he’s fling under the radar.
IMHO he's best is easily top 10 in this draft pool, could give me your insights into this youngsters potential and where do you see him placed come draft night

Hi eDPS, appreciate the time and effort you put in to your work and enjoying reading the pages.
I would be absolutely stocked if the Baggers could snare Cameron Tehany, as I think he’s fling under the radar.
IMHO he's best is easily top 10 in this draft pool, could give me your insights into this youngsters potential and where do you see him placed come draft night
In terms of potential he is at the high end this year, has some attractive attributes which could lend him to playing a range of positions so a club that gets him has a lot to work with, there has been questions on his work ethic and defensive work which has him in the fare, in the second round but if he is able to improve that side of his game at AFL level he will prove to be the steal of the draft. I would say one of the higher end clubs are the best chance to take him in the top 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back