Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think it is. Bring some real top end talent into the club. If we are able to trade up our picks in the 30's to another in the high teens/early 20's then we still can potentially get 3 ripping young kids.

If you could trade 37 to stephen 2 R1s for 3/4/5 and have a top 5 pick + 2 R2s im happy with that. Fits with how many list spots we have too.

Mar 27, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Id rather Taylor ...Shapre looks good in field but was ordinary shot at goal.. which is non senseical...

Really like some of Taylor’s tricks too. Apparently has significant risk of homesickness though. Struggled with aspects of playing for WA. On talent though he is right up there.

I think you proposed us doing something similar ... gutsy move from saints in a way.. I think it gives them an out if Hill eal falls over now ...the blame will be on Freo .. They had to split the picks. how else do they get their deals done... But are Stk really going to trade their 2020R1... I hope they do...

They wont because for some reason they are obsessed with Bing even though they need mids.

Ratcat

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I saw all those games ... I used to really like players like him..but not as much anymore... I question their ability in the tighter confines of AFL.. we can sit back and watch ..I suspect Gould will have a better career.

Ridiculous some trying to ignore this guys obvious natural football talent.
He's so hard for an 18 year old no wonder he just seamlessly fitted into senior SANFL.
Integral part of the Glenelg defence that hadn't won a flag for 33 years.
Had 18 disposals with 8 rebound 50's for Glenelg in the GF.

Mar 27, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
If you could trade 37 to stephen 2 R1s for 3/4/5 and have a top 5 pick + 2 R2s im happy with that. Fits with how many list spots we have too.

I’d rather trade one of next years firsts with 14 or 17 to get 3/4/5 rather than both teen picks this year. Have 3/4/5, 17 and maybe 25ish after combining 36 and 37. I’d not trade for Steven. Too risky for mine.

I’d rather trade one of next years firsts with 14 or 17 to get 3/4/5 rather than both teen picks this year. Have 3/4/5, 17 and maybe 25ish after combining 36 and 37. I’d not trade for Steven. Too risky for mine.

Im happy with that outcome too if we have the list spots for the 4th/5th pick we use.

Grimoz

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 28, 2011
Shhh...its a secret!!!
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Manchester Utd, New York Rangers
I think you proposed us doing something similar ... gutsy move from saints in a way.. I think it gives them an out if Hill eal falls over now ...the blame will be on Freo .. They had to split the picks. how else do they get their deals done... But are Stk really going to trade their 2020R1... I hope they do...

Yeah i did propose similar, I honestly believe that Hill may yet stay at Freo which then they will have nobody to blame but themselves, saying that i wouldnt mind having a crack at pick 7 from them with 14 and 24. I think the saints will be very reluctant to trade next years 1st with the King factor, as ive said earler today Ryder will cost a 3rd or 4th rounder either this year or next, Howard they should get with the pick they get for Bruce (2nd) and if they stop being stubborn and take 37 for Steven that should be enough to get Jones so really the ball is in their court, they have options. They also have the 12 and 18 to work something for Hill. If they need more picks im sure we will happily trade them 36 and 37 for 18 :)

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
I think with the picks that we now have, as well as the talent near the top and our current list, we NEED to get into the top 10.... but that's just my opinion.

Last year id be all for it...unless we can get there with minimal loss of those other picks ..im for really going hard. But lets not get too locked in... it could change right up to and in the draft..

Last edited:

petrolium

Team Captain
Nov 2, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
I think we’ll be exploring options of trading up now, but will ultimately wait for draft night to see how things fall. Wouldn’t be great if you traded up and got the same player we were taking at 14.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
He's so hard for an 18 year old no wonder he just seamlessly fitted into senior SANFL.

its all opinion .. dont get too focused on him as I dont think we draft him..

Warhorse

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Yep. His kicking rips teams apart. Can kick low bullets, can chip into space with beautiful weighting. Can launch it when required. Rate him a lot

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
What do you reckon Wells will see as more valuable - pick 14 or 17 this year or the 2020 first rounder we received from WC?

The picks this year .. wc pick is an unknown but could be in the 20's. ...but its a very useful backpocket depending on what we plan for next year..

Ratcat

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Yep. His kicking rips teams apart. Can kick low bullets, can chip into space with beautiful weighting. Can launch it when required. Rate him a lot

I was impressed by his pace with his run and carry faster an Clarke l reckon.
Power marking as well.

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
I got a funny feeling Taheny (mates with Jarvis and Kennerly) and Sharp (mates with Clark) will be looked at heavily. Especially with those picks @ 17, 24.

Whoever we land early could be one of Jackson, Flanders, Kemp, D Stephens. Very likely Kemp if Pick 14. He looks the slider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back