List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks mate, maybe if we are able to add another pick in the low 30's we might be able to grab him and Jake Riccardi?

Another one who may be of interest at a later pick is Mason Shaw? 25yo key forward who has nearly 200 WAFL games under his belt at an average of over 2 goals a game. Colleague of mine over in WA is a bag fan of his.

Do you have any thoughts surrounding him? I know he was on Ports list for a few seasons...

I can't say I share your colleague's enthusiasm for Mason Shaw, I'd much prefer Riccardi, who really is the only draftable key forward in the state leagues given his age and play. Shaw was only good for 10.8d, a suitable but not outstanding 5.5m and kicked an excellent 55 goals from 22 games.

I didn't like Shaw's finals series. 6d, 4m 0g in Grand Final. 6d, 4m, 1g in the Prelim. He's a 25 year old who I feel would struggle to earn regular opportunities at AFL level realistically.

Not many more nuffies dumber than this oneView attachment 762226

giphy.gif

The Eagles have stuffed it for everyone else with how much they paid for Kelly. Clubs are all now expecting similar overs for their trades!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

4 firsts for Grundy. And Thalia, ROB and fogarty.

The Eagles have stuffed it for everyone else with how much they paid for Kelly. Clubs are all now expecting similar overs for their trades!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

As lot of Trades are done with Contracted Players

It's too confusing. I've been told we camt refer to him as Macedonian. Sort your s**t out Europe.

Well, Daicos’ parents were born in Greece.... but he identifies as MacedoniaN ( not the Greek kind, as far as I’m aware). Fyrom, is now known as Northern Macedonia - a distinctly different identity from that of the region of Macedonia in Greece.

I won’t go into anything else. At the end of the day we are all skips. Albeit from vast t and varying corners of the globe.

Well, Daicos’ parents were born in Greece.... but he identifies as MacedoniaN ( not the Greek kind, as far as I’m aware). Fyrom, is now known as Northern Macedonia - a distinctly different identity from that of the region of Macedonia in Greece.

I won’t go into anything else. At the end of the day we are all skips. Albeit from vast t and varying corners of the globe.
I'd love you to go into it, European borders are bloody fascinating , but a footy forum isnt the right place.

Have you read his book ? He says his parents are from Northern Greece. I know Daics and his family.
Macedonia is a greek word and their flag has Greek symbols. Stupid Slavs would tell you otherwise
Oh yeah knew of his and his parents’ origin. I just don’t get involved in civil things I don’t know about. All I know for a fact is he is Collingwood and Australian 👍🏽

I can't say I share your colleague's enthusiasm for Mason Shaw, I'd much prefer Riccardi, who really is the only draftable key forward in the state leagues given his age and play. Shaw was only good for 10.8d, a suitable but not outstanding 5.5m and kicked an excellent 55 goals from 22 games.

I didn't like Shaw's finals series. 6d, 4m 0g in Grand Final. 6d, 4m, 1g in the Prelim. He's a 25 year old who I feel would struggle to earn regular opportunities at AFL level realistically.

Thanks mate, can't say I knew a lot about him. I think my colleague being a Sth Freo boy may view him through rose tinted glasses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks mate, can't say I knew a lot about him. I think my colleague being a Sth Freo boy may view him through rose tinted glasses.

Shaw is terrific by state league standards, but there is a difference between state league and AFL. And to be able to translate to AFL play, you really have to be up on another level again.

The KPP from WA for anyone wanting a good name from WA is Lachlan Delahunty. Delahunty at 28 spent most of the season splitting his minutes between KPP and ruck. He was so dominant he won the Sandover Medal (WAFL equivalent of Brownlow) ahead of Jye Bolton and Haiden Schloithe who between them had prior to Delahunty's win monopolised the award. And averaging 26.6d, 6.5m, 16.6ho and 0.75 goals per game.

Delahunty is basically a Cameron Pederson equivalent as 194cm KPP who can go through the ruck, rack it up and play a roughly equivalent standard of football, or perhaps even a touch better.

An ideal relieving ruckman for a club missing that and can easily be had with a last rookie pick in the draft.

--
For those looking for another KPP. Lewis Johnston, another 28 year old at 194cm I've liked for a few years (ex Swan/Crow). 28.2d, 6.9m this year and was doing the same thing last year. A somewhat unique as a KPP who can also play midfield/wing.

Both Delahunty and Johnston if they were drafted are as simple plug and plays KPPs as you can find outside the AFL of the ball but age probably sees them both miss out on the opportunity.

How's Lukosius demonstrably different to Jack Gunston? Slight build, good runner, highly skilled?

Has some Gunston but endurance/gut running on another level, turns guys around more going towards goal, field kicking and vision on another level - and I'm talking relatively for his age and how he projects to develop.

The simplest way to think of Lukosius imagine Nick Riewoldt if he had the best kick/vision in the game. That's the upside Lukosius has if fully realised. On Gold Coast his career projection is something like prime Ben Reid and probably as a key defender is where he has to fit to fit them, on one of the SA teams he can be a better version of Adelaide's Tom Lynch or Justin Westhoff, but on a Collingwood, GWS or West Coast where those leadup targets are honoured more, assuming that gamestyle/gameplan is retained he can be on another level again.

As I said in a previous post. It's not picks 1 or 2 in this year's draft I'd be talking to Gold Coast about. It's Lukosius. Fitting into the way Collingwood play under Buckley in that Nick Riewoldt/Tom Lynch (Adelaide) kind of role, rolling high up the ground and getting mark after mark and then if manned up the field beating his opponent forward, he can be special on a team that honours his leads and can give him those opportunities to do him.

Holy hell, reports that St Kilda offered in the vicinity of $500-$600k to Howard. No wonder we enquired then heard nothing else. Gubby doing some fine salary cap mangling down at the saints!

Wills with a few offers probably time to sell at his highest, I don't mind the kid but his skills are average good honest hard worker.

Only worth doing if packaged up with something else to get us high in the draft or a player we need. Getting a 3rd round pick in an average draft is a waste of time. He'd be on minimum chips.

Holy hell, reports that St Kilda offered in the vicinity of $500-$600k to Howard. No wonder we enquired then heard nothing else. Gubby doing some fine salary cap mangling down at the saints!
Add in Hill on 900K, then fit in Jones & Ryder.

giphy.gif

If I ever need a mediator/negotiator , the last person on my list is Peter Bell.
And yet Longmuir has accepted the top job over there. Seems opposite to what Bell is sounding like being. Good luck to Longmuir and honestly do with him success but Bell sounds like an arrogant Tyrant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back