Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting turn of events by St Kilda.
I’m suspecting they are experiencing buyer remorse and realizing they’ve over promised Brad on his pay package.
And possibly the suddenly realization they cannot get all the deals done and wants to back out of the Brad deal by painting it as our fault.

Lol.

Will be funny if St Kilda fail to get any of their trade targets this year with this kind of behaviour.

i’m not sure which visitors I preferred, Brisbane/Melbourne fans last year or our ‘friends’ from the Saints this year (hello to the obsessed artist firmly known as defacto.) can we go back to trading with the Suns - by sheer weight of numbers they had far less dickheads coming on here.

i’m not sure which visitors I preferred, Brisbane/Melbourne fans last year or our ‘friends’ from the Saints this year (hello to the obsessed artist firmly known as defacto.) can we go back to trading with the Suns - by sheer weight of numbers they had far less dickheads coming on here.

It perplexes me when posters talk as if they are doing the trade.

"There is no way we accept......."

"We will be demanding......"

Doesn't encourage discussion, just bickering.

This is funny. Your side employed a bloke who was fired because he acted inappropriately with his subordinates. That’s making a mockery of St. Kilda. Actually St. Kilda makes a mockery of the entire competition by its very existence.

The offer wasn’t generous. It was niggardly.
And this is the Freo board. Go back and infest your own board.
Totally agree - I wouldn’t be putting Grubby Allen on a pedestal- absolute self entitled arse reamer

We wont.

Freo traded Lachie Weller for pick 2. Bell successfully traded in Hogan and Lobb after the media melt fest last year when we walked on Melbourne's initial demands.

...but apparently the narrative you lot want to run with is Peter Bell is mean because he didn't acquiesce to the time limited demands over BH - who is still under contract for two years.

It's entertaining to watch - Bell is being very underestimated

PB level trading - Would you like to play a game...
jigsaw.png
I like the word acquiesce- got no idea what it means or how to say but that read real good

If every club had that mentality there would never be a single trade completed.

I doubt Hill ends up at the saints now. Bell is asking for waaaaaay more than he is worth. And Bell has the power in this situation.

He seems to be another Dodoro. Good luck with the rest of trade week
It seems a lot of people don't realise, that almost everyones preference, including bell, is to keep hill. Best of luck.

I can only assume 1 of 2 things re the pick swap:

1) We asked for 6 + future first and Saints said no and we met at 12 + Future 1st and this is what will get it done
2) They have huge balls and believe we won't actually hold Billy so have basically said **** you Belly.

I suspect it is the 1st because if it is the 2nd I reckon he is staying. We can't afford to fold for just pick 12 here because then we look pissweak and will get walked all over on trade deals from here on. They didn't do the swap to just give us 12 + 18. If we wanted to do that they could have just given us 6 and let us swap with GWS or whomever. They definitely did it because they need the picks for the other deals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1) We asked for 6 + future first and Saints said no and we met at 12 + Future 1st and this is what will get it done
2) They have huge balls and believe we won't actually hold Billy so have basically said **** you Belly.

I suspect it is the 1st because if it is the 2nd I reckon he is staying. We can't afford to fold for just pick 12 here because then we look pissweak and will get walked all over on trade deals from here on. They didn't do the swap to just give us 12 + 18. If we wanted to do that they could have just given us 6 and let us swap with GWS or whomever. They definitely did it because they need the picks for the other deals.
Exactly. I refuse to believe that Saints have just given up on Hill 4 days into the trade period. They would have consulted Freo and worked out a possible trade using 12/18

Finally....a considered evaluation.
On the money.

It seems a lot of people don't realise, that almost everyones preference, including bell, is to keep hill. Best of luck.

Saints fans are simple people, aren’t they. They should be more worried about how their club leaked info on the offers given, because the poor princesses were turned down. Pretty sure Bell would have been clear on what’s needed. Casings have bitten off more than they can chew and low balled

Poor saints fans. Now *** off from our board and crawl back to the cave you came from, and come back with a better deal if you want to take our contracted player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel pretty Zen about this. Saints conceded with this move, they’ll be including next years first rounder.

Saints aren’t getting Ben King next year. The AFL will do everything in its power to give Gold Coast one last crack before folding them. That will include encouraging / forcing star youngsters to stay. Ambassador payments will keep Ben King at Gold Coast. Also, Saints will likely rise up the ladder, can’t see Gold Coast letting Ben go for pick 8-12 next year. Saints already know this.

Brad Hill remains the crown jewel in their recruitment. Miss him and it’s another year of missed targets.

It’ll be pick 12 and next year’s first. They flip 18 into Dougal Howard and Ryder. Then Josh Bruce into Zac Jones. Quartet complete.

Hopefully we can trade Saints first back into a first rounder this year.

Indeed. Why else would the St Kilda people remain completely silent on the matter and not make a statement?

Thats exactly the way I see it. Geez Tom Morris will look like a D*ck if this happens. Im also with you, the second option says to brad hill that we don't really care about you, after offering him $900k.

It'd have to be more than 12 and a future 1st. That deal doesn't work for Freo much at all. I think they would've been happier with just the 6 over that. Also, if you believe the report (lots of reasons not to of course), the last meeting they had lasted all of two minutes, which says more the Saints were going in with no intent of doing a deal.

It's have to be more than 12 and a future 1st. That deal doesn't work for Freo much at all. I think they would've been happier with just the 6 over that. Also, if you believe the report (lots of reasons not to of course), the last meeting they had lasted all of two minutes, which says more the Saints were going in with no intent of doing a deal.
I'm sure there would be later picks involved somehow but the meat would be those two firsts. We of course have the option of packing up other picks to get in well before Henry too.

My gut feeling on this one is don't listen to the media reports, reckon they are all bull****. The actual negotiations are probably much more amicable than the clickbait media would have you believe I suspect.*

*Edit: especially when you consider how dreadfully boring the first 4 days of the trade period have been.

Can't say I know much about your inner workings etc. along with the Hogan trade etc., but seems he's at risk of further making a mockery of freo at the sake of his own ego.. even if his aim is to advantage freo... seems the saints gave a more than generous offer and he risked the whole deal for greed? not sure if he's the right person to help your clubs image and get back on track after lyon..

Mate WE WANT TO KEEP BRAD HILL as he is a top 3 wing in the comp.....Freo doesn't lose here St Kilda does. More than generous is 4 first rounders and Dustin Martin Cheers cobba

What did people think a fair deal for Hill would be prior to trade week? I thought 6 and a 2nd round pick was basically bang on. Think that could have been done pretty easily, not sure anyone came in really thinking he was worth two first round picks.

the language becomes so distorted and so easily...or at least comments that become exaggerated or have facts left out. For example What do we really know that was said that is 100% accurate from Belly and St Kilda?

Phase 1:- If Belly said 6 and something would probably do it ....the baulk though from StK was the something and possibly that it had to be 6.

Phase two- St Kilda need to do something with 6 to get things rolling with their trades so Belly says in the very brief discussion...well two first rounders instead will probably be okay....not two 6's as has been posted by a number in the Hill and other thread in BF. There has been no mention at all of early or late 1sts...that tells me the journalists are not doing there job properly and are guessing.

The probable:- Two picks in and around the 9-14 mark (eg 10 and 13) may have been suggested by Bell with one being a 2020 1st rounder as acceptable.
I think the clubs are on track but the media and reactionists are clouding the scenery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back