List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have and stand by my post
If that's how you saw it , fair enough. He actually did the turn on the oncoming Whitfield. Maybe most would have side stepped, but that may have been natural for him to do that turn. For anyone to say "lame" , pulease, his debut, grand final, did it for show ? Don't think so, just natural for him.

The current delisting from the senior list is Masten.

Seems very likely Mellen and Mutimer will go too. Plus we had an empty spot on the senior list. That takes us down to 36 senior players.

Kelly comes in. Watson has to be elevated. That’s 38.

We have picks 52 and 64. That gives us our 40 senior players.

Think it might be a good year to go in with 39 and hit the mid season draft.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reckon this will officially be the most boring trade/draft period we've had for some while.

All the events of Tim Kelly occured early and now we have nothing to look forward to.

I guess it's the sacrifice for acquring a player of Kelly's calibre.
Just keep watching his highlights over and over again for the rest of the trade period, there is a nice video on youtube of every goal of his first season for anyone that doesn't know. But i'm sure you all have seen it already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can you equate a flag with a single trade. Surely any trade not matter how one sided is worth a flag?
Because we've completely paused our youth intake for 2 years.
We've gone ALL-IN on winning a flag in the next 4-5 years.
But if we dont we have busted and cant buy back in for a number of years.

Don't think for 1 second I'm upset that we have Tim Kelly.
But we've paid a king's ransom for a single player who has 5 or so years of elite football left.

No but you can deal in risk.

In this trade we seem to have ignored our downside risk. Tim kelly is at his peak, his risk is all downside, especially on a 6 year deal.

Trading away our future first exposes us to further downside risk, as we are expected to finish right at the top meaning it has been valued at (17-18) when theoretically it could be pick 1, and more conceivably pick 12-16. There’s no upside there even if we finish first.

Trading the other draft picks has exposed us to both upside and downside risk, depending how Geelong draft/who we would have drafted.

In 12 years time we could still be feeling the effects of this trade with up to 4 players who could have been in our squad not there.

We just have to win a premiership in the next 2-3 years for this to be acceptable otherwise we’ve crippled our long term future for no reason.

I really can't say it better than this.
Patron

That was one long week. They are a salty and precious bunch on the GFC board. But it's not surprising when they share the initials with a depressing time in the world. But it was worth it :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Worst thing about having a week off was missing out on 100s of likes by CM9000.
So what did i miss everyone. Do we have Kelly yet and did we lose 4 first rounders and Brander?

Seems like the picks in this draft have little worth compared to previous years . A lot of teams prefering to keep older guys on rather than going deeper into the draft .

It doesnt seem like a weak draft from our perspective because there is a good 10 -12 WA boys that will be drafted but the vic sides who make up 70% of the draftable players were very weak this year especially vic metro .

Our picks are going to get the bones of a picked clean carcass.

Think it might be a good year to go in with 39 and hit the mid season draft.

We can hit the mid season draft anyway (or sign a rookie in the supplementary period) if Rioli’s going to be out all year.

That was one long week. They are a salty and precious bunch on the GFC board. But it's not surprising when they share the initials with a depressing time in the world. But it was worth it :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
So what did i miss everyone. Do we have Kelly yet and did we lose 4 first rounders and Brander?

You missed out on 100 likes from CM9000

02618c1f0e3a4afaf4fbc0485754af8e.jpg

So this is the dealio. What do we do?? We have a third from next year we could play with also.

I actually really liked this draft for us with some good WA kids potentially available in the 10-30 range in Roberson, rivers, Jackson and sharp. Would really love to find a way to get one of those boys but not sure it’s possible anymore.

Alternatively we could cull the rookie list harrrrd and try and build through there.

Reckon we’d get some serious value for pick 234..

Strait swap for Dusty, we came out like bandits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back