Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Purpellian Anchor

Purple Admiralty
Oct 14, 2011
Northam
AFL Club
Fremantle
I can only assume 1 of 2 things re the pick swap:

1) We asked for 6 + future first and Saints said no and we met at 12 + Future 1st and this is what will get it done
2) They have huge balls and believe we won't actually hold Billy so have basically said **** you Belly.

I suspect it is the 1st because if it is the 2nd I reckon he is staying.

yep spot on Joao, reckon its 1.

Alfonz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Did you see their B&F? Top 5 is Ross, Marshall, Steele, Billings and Membrey. It's putrid. Zero genuine A-grade talents on their list. Hill would comfortably be the Saints best player and highest paid player. If they try to low ball, then they can get stuffed.

Hopefully the Saints think their spending spree will elevate them to finals contenders next year, otherwise I can't see them parting with what I think will be Pick #2 next year.

Dockernut

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sharks. Anyone playing West Coast.
Thanks. Good luck to you. I think you guys are capable of landing a couple more Logan Austin type big fishies this trade period.

As someone who is very partial to some condescension by a teammate, this is the post of the day for mine.

dxlr8

Senior List
Feb 5, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Man that Morris article on fox may as well have Lethlean/Gubby's signature on it it.

Its the biggest load of propaganda I have ever read, its unbelievable
You can literally find this on Tom Morris's resume: "His primary roles include producing the majority of written content for SAINTS.com.au and running the club’s social media..."

Jan 23, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
oh completely... exceptionally greedy and west coast overpaid but also for one of the best players in the competition going to a competing team... that was their call and they agreed rather than go back and forth with geelong... their deal has greatly distorted the market now and Bell tried to take advantage of that when previously pick 6 was probably too much for a player that was already a 3 time prem player and traded in for a mid 2nd round pick and hasn't even made an AA team before... we can pay his money because we've got cap room and help facilitate his want to move back to melb for personal reasons... Bell hasn't made any friends at all..

But west coast got their player. Paid Way more when they couldn’t get the deal done in the first year too...

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Man that Morris article on fox may as well have Lethlean/Gubby's signature on it it.

Its the biggest load of propaganda I have ever read, its unbelievable
Tom Morris is actual scum. His hatred for freo is pathetic. His orginal title for that garbage article was."Saints give one finger salute to Bell". Says it all and I hope freo fans let him know about it when we trade Hill

Jan 23, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
that's my point..Hills achievements at your club mean almost nothing in the current market based on the deal we are getting for Steven.....i don't agree with it but Geelong and the general public seem to think it is okay. 12 and a future second rounder will get it done....but yes Bell blinks again and Hill might be at Freo next year taking time away from football for personal reasons.

I’m confused do you want him or not?

Why on earth will Bell blink?

Guy is contracted for two years in his own state. If he chooses to sit out a year that’s fine? There is plenty of days left here On trade week. I am confident that Brad was told and made extremely clear a trade will only be done if in the bests interest of Freo. If not he stays.

So I’ll ask you again do you want him or not? If you do want him, pick 12 and next Saints years first rnd pick is the starting point. Ie equivalent points to pick 6. If not he stays.

Don’t blink now....

Back