Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Man that Morris article on fox may as well have Lethlean/Gubby's signature on it it.

Its the biggest load of propaganda I have ever read, its unbelievable
Yeah couldn’t agree more even in this AFL world of narrative driven bias, it’s seriously the most one sided article I think I’ve ever read.
Seriously... it’s bordering on psychotic in its levels of bias.

I honestly didn’t think there was any more room at the bottom of the cesspit that is AFL “shock/innuendo “ reporting but tom Morris is truly a morally bankrupt and ethically defunct piece of human trash.

Just to be clear if Freo accepted a supposed offer of pick 6 and a future 2nd round pick, then St Kilda wouldn't be able to trade a future 1st round pick.

They would only have pick 58, 72, future 3rd & 4th round, Steven and Bruce to offer for Howard, Jones, Ryder, etc.
On second thought.. should’ve accepted it.
Pay 900k for Hill. Fail to get any of the other three.
How the hell are all these players demanding trades to St Kilda when they have nil picks ? Me think they’re offering contracts of 100k extra to bring them. Heh. Good luck trying to ask for ‘fair’ then when going to the trade table..

Just a thought... Saints are saying they need next year's 1st to bundle with their 2021 1st to go for Ben King. If they had traded pick 6 to us, or alternatively, they now trade both 12 and 18, wouldn't they then be prevented from trading both 1sts (2020 and future) the year after?

Just a thought... Saints are saying they need next year's 1st to bundle with their 2021 1st to go for Ben King. If they had traded pick 6 to us, or alternatively, they now trade both 12 and 18, wouldn't they then be prevented from trading both 1sts (2020 and future) the year after?
Yep. St Kilda; that's the joke.

Yep. St Kilda; that's the joke.

So they won't trade next year's 1st to us because they need to use it for a hypothetical future trade, for a player that the AFL will throw a million bucks at to prevent leaving his current club, that wouldn't be permitted in any event because it would breach the draft and trade rules... faaaaaarken lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I understand the rules - sort of. You need to have 2 first round picks in a 4 year period. They could trade back into the first round, and consequently I don't think there would be anything preventing them from trading future picks if they intended to get someone else's 1st round pick in 2021. I don't know if they would have to do that before trading their 2021 first rounder or whether they could wait until 2021 to get one. I would have thought the former, but the AFL make rules up as they go, so I doubt it's set in concrete.

It is amazing how grubby the AFL has become. I love to follow the trade and the draft but it is becoming harder to enjoy. You expect it from the west and some others over here but the football media is outrageously out of control. The industry has lost all trace of ethics and impartiality. How did it get to this point? The worst part about it is seemingly promoted and encouraged by the AFL with some of the worst offenders working directly for the AFL. I really don't enjoy how cheap and sleazy it is. I guess it has to be that way to fuel 12 hours a day of 'content' for croc and others and keep the AFL in the tabloids all year round. I cant remember it being this bad before Gill?

The AFL are pretty relaxed on that rule. West Coast had 1 first round pick in 2017, none in 2018, but were still allowed to trade out their first round pick in 2019 and 2020.

Maybe we never entertained the idea of trading Billy. Maybe we just upped the ante so everyone would just walk.

We’ve tried to accomodate Brad’s partner but the stars just wouldn’t align. I’m sure his family over here will console him and he can try again next year...still on Freo’s terms 😎

Remove this Banner Ad

Back