List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
most of the games he played he rucked a lot. he did move up forward and provide a target. better forward than grundy
Witts kicked 0.1 more goals a game. The Witts/Grundy combo didn’t work. We kept the star.
Move on.

most of the games he played he rucked a lot. he did move up forward and provide a target. better forward than grundy
No he was not, also Grundy does not play there much when he does 90-95% ruck time

4 firsts for Grundy. And Thalia, ROB and fogarty.
The Crows will have to pay that at the rate they’re going coz Grundy would be tapping it to himself, crumbing his own tap, kicking it to himself out of the centre and kicking his inside 50s. That’s when he’s not repelling an opposition forward entry being their key defender as well.

So what I get from that is we are having one last crack with all hands on deck including players that perhaps should have been shown the door (Reid Varcs) but are protecting a spot and cash on the list for next year when we'll get rid of as many fringe players on 300-500K to keep the holy trinity, but even then may have to sacrifice a big name, but bottom line go for broke in 2020. A Josh Jenkins fits that scenario

CFC2010 Won't like reading this :drunk:

Wonder when we're going to make our 800k play to lure a big fish with all our excess cash hanging round... amirite?

Yeah we probs have one last crack before it's about that next wave coming through, glad Sier got a new deal, but it is time for him to deliver. Keen to see what Tyler can produce as well.

Could be Thomas? Suns may still have the game last year where he kicked 4 (and probably should have kicked 5 or 6) on them on their minds?

Other possibilities might be Wills (would beef up their midfield), or even everyone's favourite trade whipping boy Scharenberg?

I would hope Shaz is not a whipping boy as such. It is more that he deserves to be playing every week.

Might be able to pull of a Buckley style trade that we did with the Bears (except this time in return we receive a very high end pick)

How's Lukosius demonstrably different to Jack Gunston? Slight build, good runner, highly skilled?

Or dare I say it Jack Watts. There’s a lot of ball to go round in the GC back half and he really struggled up forward.

Peter Wright is someone I’m not overly keen on and is an inferior talent, but he was impacting as a forward at a similar age in a similarly s**t team. I’d have queries on his forward scope at the top level.

As a defender it’ll be competitiveness that defines him. If he’s got it he’ll be Grimes/ Stewart good, but if he doesn’t he’s Langdon mach II. One things for sure if I were the Crows or Power I wouldn’t go near him for at least the next 5 years. If he’s jumping ship after two years based on what he’s shown to this point at the top level he won’t reach the heights they expect!

The Crows will have to pay that at the rate they’re going coz Grundy would be tapping it to himself, crumbing his own tap, kicking it to himself out of the centre and kicking his inside 50s. That’s when he’s not repelling an opposition forward entry being their key defender as well.

It’s not the Crows we have to worry about, IMO. Our two closest rivals are setting themselves up for a serious crack at him with both Essendon and Carlton likely to have cap space plus no ruck depth this time next year.

Yeah we probs have one last crack before it's about that next wave coming through, glad Sier got a new deal, but it is time for him to deliver. Keen to see what Tyler can produce as well.

Based on what exactly? The thoughts of muppets like Maher and Browne? Over the next 24 months the only key player we’ll possibly lose is Pendles. I expect he’s around until 2022 or so, but in terms of output it’ll dip that’s inevitable.

As long as it’s not Grundy we’ll be handsomely compensated for any players that are poached plus cap space will be freed up for us to have a tilt at a B Brown/ J Kelly/ T Taranto. Depending on what we do around McInness and our intentions of moving up this draft it’s quite likely we bring in at least 2 high end talents possibly 3 without losing anyone of value over the next 12 months.

Were we to bring in say Riccardi he’s a 10 year option that on the basis of 2019 can perform at a similar level to Reid. Add him to Wilson, Keane, Murphy and Kelly then we’re well stocked for developing talls. It won’t be playing personnel that defines us in 2020, but HP (a fit Beamer and Clangers will help!) and system. Langmuir leaves a gigantic hole which along with our transition and stoppage work are my biggest Q’s moving forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or dare I say it Jack Watts. There’s a lot of ball to go round in the GC back half and he really struggled up forward.

Peter Wright is someone I’m not overly keen on and is an inferior talent, but he was impacting as a forward at a similar age in a similarly s**t team. I’d have queries on his forward scope at the top level.

As a defender it’ll be competitiveness that defines him. If he’s got it he’ll be Grimes/ Stewart good, but if he doesn’t he’s Langdon mach II. One things for sure if I were the Crows or Power I wouldn’t go near him for at least the next 5 years. If he’s jumping ship after two years based on what he’s shown to this point at the top level he won’t reach the heights they expect!

It’s not the Crows we have to worry about, IMO. Our two closest rivals are setting themselves up for a serious crack at him with both Essendon and Carlton likely to have cap space plus no ruck depth this time next year.
Grundy won’t be leaving Collingwood unless he is going home. I would give it a 0% chance he goes down to Carlton or Essendon

Based on what exactly? The thoughts of muppets like Maher and Browne? Over the next 24 months the only key player we’ll possibly lose is Pendles. I expect he’s around until 2022 or so, but in terms of output it’ll dip that’s inevitable.

As long as it’s not Grundy we’ll be handsomely compensated for any players that are poached plus cap space will be freed up for us to have a tilt at a B Brown/ J Kelly/ T Taranto. Depending on what we do around McInness and our intentions of moving up this draft it’s quite likely we bring in at least 2 high end talents possibly 3 without losing anyone of value over the next 12 months.

Were we to bring in say Riccardi he’s a 10 year option that on the basis of 2019 can perform at a similar level to Reid. Add him to Wilson, Keane, Murphy and Kelly then we’re well stocked for developing talls. It won’t be playing personnel that defines us in 2020, but HP (a fit Beamer and Clangers will help!) and system. Langmuir leaves a gigantic hole which along with our transition and stoppage work are my biggest Q’s moving forward.
Fair enough, hopefully we can get a first rounder or two in this draft use em on best available and also pick up Riccardi. I like Jones as a longer term option as well. Then like you said McInnes next year and hopefully we have the room to sign a big gun end of next year as well. Really want to start seeing some breakouts by guys like Sier, T.Brown, Murphy, etc.

One last crack? Who is retiring at the end of 2020?

One last crack? Who is retiring at the end of 2020?
People seem to view us as having no young talent for the future. While some of the youngest on our list haven’t quite came on yet, our core of 22-27 year olds are a brilliant foundation imo, one we will be able to build around for sustained time at the top.

A lot of that hinges on figuring out Moore and JDG’s bodies for the long term however. Need them playing 20+ a year

LOL... So no different to what he does now

Interesting discussion on SEN this morning with Jason McCartney about Aiden Bonar.

I really hope we are into this kid, they're saying he's worth a mid to late 2nd, so maybe a late 2nd to early 3rd could get it done.

We need to look at improving the way we win the ball inside and get effective clearances. He would be an upgrade on Wills, and would put pressure on Sier to start performing consistently.

So 4 clubs supposedly coming up on Trade Radio at 8am and another 4 clubs at 8:40. Suspect that means 10 mins each maximum, take away ads. Unless they're sitting on a panel.

Our club is not on of those 8:

Once again our club has done a disappearing act. If you were a Geelong, Essendon or GWS supporter at this time of year, you'd at least get some insight.

Interesting discussion on SEN this morning with Jason McCartney about Aiden Bonar.

I really hope we are into this kid, they're saying he's worth a mid to late 2nd, so maybe a late 2nd to early 3rd could get it done.

We need to look at improving the way we win the ball inside and get effective clearances. He would be an upgrade on Wills, and would put pressure on Sier to start performing consistently.
He left out a very relevant bit of information

If he is so good, why are they trying to dump him?

He left out a very relevant bit of information

If he is so good, why are they trying to dump him?
They’re not trying to dump him. He’s looking to go somewhere for more opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back