Resource www.footyjumpers.com

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
I just can't see the Giants being in their clash. I think they will be in their home jumper with away shorts.
Well, I did make this just in case

Do you mean like the finals pages, but just the Grand Final teams?
Or do you mean just show the images in a thread here?

was having a laugh around a certain portfolio of someone else featuring your work.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
All pages now updated for 2019.
Richmond and GWS One Off/Promo jumpers
2019 Season for each
2019 Finals page added: http://www.footyjumpers.com/2019RF.htm

And a custom coffee mug for the winners.

Premiers poster updated as well. (Sponsor logos added as well)

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2008
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Hey Mero, just a small error I found on the website. You've said that Richmond wore the same jumper for heritage round in 2005 & 2006, which is mostly true apart from a couple of small differences.

This is the 2005 jumper which was made by Concept Sports and features the tiger head on the collar.

tom-harley-wearing-a-geelong-jumper-and-david-neitz-wearing-a-jumper-picture-id53338435

And here is the 2006 jumper, made by hummel, with the manufacturers name written across the colour.

the-tigers-pose-for-a-team-photo-as-part-of-heritage-round-prior-to-picture-id71516970

And for good measure, a couple of pictures of the 2 jumpers next to each other in the Richmond FC Museum.

619_Richmond-Tigers-Museum-0005x_resize-369x410.jpg
16Museum2.jpg

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams

I came across this recently Mero . Doesn't quite match the version you've got on the website.
View attachment 761991
Know anything about it?

From what I've found the NM was of varying sizes on each jumper.
I went with the one above based off a photo of North in the era, with the NM that size.
The one Keith Greig modelled in the 70s was likely not an original (60+ years old) and was a replica based on some sort of description of the jumpers.

Mar 8, 2007
Sweep shots don't count
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
probably
Mero serious q. When did the idea that everyone on the same team must wear exactly the same thing become generally accepted?

I mean you see stuff as late as the 1920s in team pics with stripes of various shapes and sizes or logos all kinds of approximate in specifics

At some point ‘black and white stripes’ just meant that; nobody was getting the tape measure out on the jumpers your nan knitted specifically for you to play in. “Sorry nan, no good, pinstripe needs to be 30px not 40 and also you missed the gradient below the G” was not a thing.

No doubt that continued for many years at local level, too (even now you still see some people running around in clubbies wearing random now-defunct designs pulled out of the bottom of a bag for fill-ins).

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Mero serious q. When did the idea that everyone on the same team must wear exactly the same thing become generally accepted?

I mean you see stuff as late at the 1920s in team pics with stripes of various shapes and sizes or logos all kinds of approximate in specifics

At some ‘black and white stripes’ just meant that; nobody was getting the tape measure out on the jumpers your nan knitted specifically for you to play in. “Sorry nan, no good, pinstripe needs to be 30px not 40 and also you missed the gradient below the G” was not a thing.

No doubt that continued for many years at local level, too (even now you still see some people running around in clubbies wearing random now-defunct designs pulled out of the bottom of a bag for fill-ins).
Even in the early 1970s Hawthorn players were wearing different striped jumpers.
In their case players got one jumper and that lasted them their career.
You also see pic of Geelong players wearing the 1979 socks in 1981 & 82.
However, I'd probably say the same era, early 70s, is the last time teams didn't get the jumpers provided by the apparel supplier.

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
And to the above point do you consider an era or year where you declare all the images before that point in your site as ‘approximate’?
I would like to think the images on the site are those that the majority of players wore.
There would be variations to those designs.

Zer0

Team Captain
May 16, 2019
NSW/ACT
AFL Club
Melbourne
If you were to make a shower curtain on Red Bubble, what would be the first design you would pick?

Strauchanside

Team Captain
May 19, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Even in the early 1970s Hawthorn players were wearing different striped jumpers.
In their case players got one jumper and that lasted them their career.
You also see pic of Geelong players wearing the 1979 socks in 1981 & 82.
However, I'd probably say the same era, early 70s, is the last time teams didn't get the jumpers provided by the apparel supplier.
Would the exception to this be lace up jumpers? Watching an old Swans/Collingwood game on youtube from 1985, it was noticeable that width of the Magpies stripes differed, as well as the lace ups worn having a distinct number panel, whereas the non-lace ups worn had none.

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Would the exception to this be lace up jumpers? Watching an old Swans/Collingwood game on youtube from 1985, it was noticeable that width of the Magpies stripes differed, as well as the lace ups worn having a distinct number panel, whereas the non-lace ups worn had none.
Lace-ups would be the same, most players wore the acrylic jumpers handed out by the club.
My understanding is that players could buy a lace-up and the club would put the number, and the VFL and sponsor logos on it for them.
In almost all cases more players wore the club issued jumpers than the lace-up jumpers.
In that way they are a variation that a minority of players wore in some games.

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Hey Mero, just a small error I found on the website. You've said that Richmond wore the same jumper for heritage round in 2005 & 2006, which is mostly true apart from a couple of small differences.

This is the 2005 jumper which was made by Concept Sports and features the tiger head on the collar.

tom-harley-wearing-a-geelong-jumper-and-david-neitz-wearing-a-jumper-picture-id53338435

And here is the 2006 jumper, made by hummel, with the manufacturers name written across the colour.

the-tigers-pose-for-a-team-photo-as-part-of-heritage-round-prior-to-picture-id71516970

And for good measure, a couple of pictures of the 2 jumpers next to each other in the Richmond FC Museum.

619_Richmond-Tigers-Museum-0005x_resize-369x410.jpg
16Museum2.jpg
Now updated

Zer0

Team Captain
May 16, 2019
NSW/ACT
AFL Club
Melbourne
No, probably not this one

Mostly I do requests.
What shower curtain do you want?

I'm now a homeowner and have no need for shower curtains anymore, but saw it was a design that can be done on red bubble and thought it was funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back