Mega Thread The Father-Son Mega thread - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be a slow developer is how I personally identify the similarities between the two. As i said I think he will make it. I thought I had made that point earlier but hopefully this clears it up.

Nothing to do with size or body shape.
Will be a slow developer yet has been the bolter of his draft year. You clearly are munching out on your own bile and are clueless.

People have to stop with the hyperbole on draftees. If anyone really thought we was going to emulate Kennedy but only quicker and with better foot skills, he’d be going pick 1.
I don't think anyone is saying he will be as good as Josh Kennedy, player comparisons are more around style. In Finn's case his body shape and size is similar to a young Josh Kennedy and his playing style is similar to a young Josh Kennedy. How he develops is up to him and the development team of whoever drafts him, hopefully Hawthorn.

This is an opinion based forum. Keep your knickers on and don’t resort to low blow tactics.

You just had a snarky comment for another poster, though? Don't shriek out in offense just because you recieved similar treatment to that which you've dished out.

"Yep you are lost alright."

I don't think anyone is saying he will be as good as Josh Kennedy, player comparisons are more around style. In Finn's case his body shape and size is similar to a young Josh Kennedy and his playing style is similar to a young Josh Kennedy. How he develops is up to him and the development team of whoever drafts him, hopefully Hawthorn.
Post I quoted literally said he’s a Kennedy but quicker and better by foot.

Otherwise agree with everything you said. If he’s the best available player when the bid comes, I hope we take him and he develops into a good player

Post I quoted literally said he’s a Kennedy but quicker and better by foot.

Otherwise agree with everything you said. If he’s the best available player when the bid comes, I hope we take him and he develops into a good player
Obviously comparing what they were like at similar ages, in which case it's a pretty accurate statement.

There are a lot of things that can stand in the way of a draftee churning out a significant career though.

Can any of the Finn watchers tell us if they think he is ready to go next year or not likely?

He'd be ready to go if we need him, but I guess the hope is we'll have the depth to not need him.

He's a strongly built kid and has as close to an AFL level tank as you can get for a draftee.

He'd be ready to go if we need him, but I guess the hope is we'll have the depth to not need him.

He's a strongly built kid and has as close to an AFL level tank as you can get for a draftee.
Thanks Rogie :)
So quite possibly could be like Sam Walsh this year and play mainly outside mid?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Rogie :)
So quite possibly could be like Sam Walsh this year and play mainly outside mid?

There's a chance he could do that with his running capacity, but I think we'd probably focus on fixing his ball use first. He's not quite the prospect Walsh was.

If he was going to start anywhere I could see it being HFF.

There's a chance he could do that with his running capacity, but I think we'd probably focus on fixing his ball use first. He's not quite the prospect Walsh was.

If he was going to start anywhere I could see it being HFF.
Cheers for the info :thumbsu:

The only way we might not draft him is if he gets a bid before 12 (factoring in GWS matching on Green). This is unlikely, but with our 20% F/S discount, us match Pick 10 (e.g.) is equivilent to Pick 15 (on points). So if we consider him better than a pick 15, we should draft him. I think that our pick 12 would be downgraded to about pick 68 if we use it on Finn at pick 10, so we get Finn and Pick 68 selction for our Pick 12.
Is this right experts?

Yeah, if he was picked up by a Gold Coast, he would play next season. At the Hawks, possibly not but not many draftees play straight away at Hawthorn.

If the bid for Finn comes after pick 11, I can't see how we don't match it.

Any bid after 11 gets matched with 30 and 42 (the later the better). As long as we rate Finn inside the top 30 players in the draft, then of course we match. And Finn is definitely inside 30.

We wouldn't pass the bid and hope our other top 30 targets are still around at Pick 30. It just wouldn't make sense.

I'm so bloody worried about Finn being drafted in the top 10 - his combine was immense. Made him look like a mid with one of the best tanks going round. Just physically, he blitzed the combine.

I half want Hawks so somehow trade ahead of Carlton and North just to make sure we secure Finn.

Wonder if we can squeeze out some sort of cheeky trade with North for their pick 8.

after watching the finals of the nableague, my thinking has changed a little.

if a bid comes in before our pick which is likely pick 13 (Green - GWS, Henry - Frem Bids) we might not match it?, i think anything after our first pick is reasonable, but top 12 we might not match? idk how the club sees it?

after watching the finals of the nableague, my thinking has changed a little.

if a bid comes in before our pick which is likely pick 13 (Green - GWS, Henry - Frem Bids) we might not match it?, i think anything after our first pick is reasonable, but top 12 we might not match? idk how the club sees it?

its one of the reasons why I don’t want Essendon to trade with Sydney. Pick 5 and 9 to the scum, Dodo would bid on Finn at 9. The low life vindictive prick...

Jeez i think some of you need to relax a little, he is projected to go 15-25, a team would be taking a massive leap to bid on him in the top 10.

Very likely a bid will come after our first pick and a very good chance that we match that bid.

I'm so bloody worried about Finn being drafted in the top 10 - his combine was immense. Made him look like a mid with one of the best tanks going round. Just physically, he blitzed the combine.

I half want Hawks so somehow trade ahead of Carlton and North just to make sure we secure Finn.

Wonder if we can squeeze out some sort of cheeky trade with North for their pick 8.
It is funny how a while back ago people were saying not even top 30, now top 10. It is romantic to think clubs can still get father son, however not essential. Everyone focuses on top 10 and most years there are always player picked much later who become better players than some top 10.

Jeez i think some of you need to relax a little, he is projected to go 15-25, a team would be taking a massive leap to bid on him in the top 10.

Very likely a bid will come after our first pick and a very good chance that we match that bid.

Agree, and everyone has done a great job undermining Lickmesocks campaign to subtly lower his value to anyone reading the thread!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back