Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Give Dunstall some credit FFS, he doesn't come across as an uninformed person in the footy world for mine, I'm sure he would have known quite a bit about Chapman before the review. And I'm in no way a fan of Chapman but I disagree with your analysis of Dunstall's knowledge of what's going on in the AFL bubble.
He would know as much about Chapman as he knows about any other chairman of an interstate club. Zero point zero.

Furthermore, everything outside the football department was outside the remit of this review so it's curious there was even comment made on how elite Chapman is.

For someone so elite he's sure overseen a litany of scandals and mediocrity.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
He would know as much about Chapman as he knows about any other chairman of an interstate club. Zero point zero.

Furthermore, everything outside the football department was outside the remit of this review so it's curious there was even comment made on how elite Chapman is.

For someone so elite he's sure overseen a litany of scandals and mediocrity.
On to that last point, Dunstall would not have gone through the litany of failures under Chapman’s watch

WeeBlake

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Give Dunstall some credit FFS, he doesn't come across as an uninformed person in the footy world for mine, I'm sure he would have known quite a bit about Chapman before the review. And I'm in no way a fan of Chapman but I disagree with your analysis of Dunstall's knowledge of what's going on in the AFL bubble.
The review explicitly DID NOT cover the board. It was limited to the football department.
Dunstall’s saying thanks to guy who wrote the cheque.

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
On to that last point, Dunstall would not have gone through the litany of failures under Chapman’s watch
Exactly. Shows any comment on Chapman was clearly based on superficial first impressions.

WeeBlake

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
The review will focus on “on-field performance, including coaching, leadership, development, environment, high performance and list management”, rather than the club’s administration or board, which Chapman toldInDaily today was subject to its own review in June, conducted by corporate governance advisor Kate Costello.

Source:- https://indaily.com.au/news/local/2...ms-length-as-pavlich-knuckles-down-on-review/

Jun 6, 2007
Footy Park
AFL Club
Adelaide
Very surprised to hear Dunstall’s glowing endorsement of Chapman.

I seriously cannot believe someone can oversee so many disasters in sh h a prestigious and influential position at an organisation and still maintain their job.

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United
Very surprised to hear Dunstall’s glowing endorsement of Chapman.

I seriously cannot believe someone can oversee so many disasters in sh h a prestigious and influential position at an organisation and still maintain their job.
You really think dunstall will say chappy, roo and fages need to go?
Those 3 just paid him $150k for 3 weeks work lol

arrowman

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
The review explicitly DID NOT cover the board. It was limited to the football department.
Dunstall’s saying thanks to guy who wrote the cheque.
Or a little less cynically, a few complimentary words about the club as a whole, because he'd like the focus to be on the footy-related changes and not buy in to broader criticism of areas that he had nothing to do with, and he has no reason to say anything critical about them. BUT I do think his words were a bit over the top, he could have been "nice" without being effusive.

arrowman

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm confused. First Chappy's tenure gets extended by 3(?) years. Then he starts talking about stepping down earlier (which I think many of us reasonably took to be some time in the first half of 2020). OK, fair play, better late than never.

Now the review means he has to stay on? All right, it's a fair line to spin in his situation "oversee the changes" and all that, but geeeeeez no-one is buying it.

The thing about Chapman is he is a seasoned campaigner. In every sense of the word.

Dunstall knew nothing about Chapman before this review. Chapman just confirmed it was their first meeting.

The thing about these corporate survivors like Chapman is that they spin bullshit very well.

All of Chapman's wiesel words, obfuscation, ego fluffing etc. are well honed tools born of a career of self-preservation.

It takes time to realise his actions and performance don't match his chat.

Dunstall would have no idea that Chapman is a fraud after a handful of chats over a few weeks.
Surely if ANYONE at the club thought Chappy was a weak link, they would have said so?

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Surely if ANYONE at the club thought Chappy was a weak link, they would have said so?
Jenny come on. This review was (quite deliberately) restricted to the football department.

You just have to listen to aa today to realise the contempt the supporters have for Chapman and the culture he has created.

The review talked about a culture of self- preservation. Where do you think that comes from??

It's not over until he is gone. If he won't go voluntarily its up to the board to move on him.

LoBu

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
This is a football issue, a lot of crap about middle management, etc, our problems are directly related to the three wh are now gone, we need the board to see this through and correct their previous staff error, Burton.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
You’ve clearly never worked in an organisation where there is a domineering political character at the top. in the corridors and behind closed doors people would say stuff but you never speak openly for fear of retribtuion.

Back