Darker yellow or vibrant yellow?

• Darker

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Vibrant

Votes: 25 73.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

strongandbold12

Nothin' more Tigerish than a bloody Tiger.
Sep 29, 2019
Dusty's spare room
AFL Club
Richmond
If theres a similar thread about this, then close this thread.

Just wondering what everyone opinions are about the current yellow that the tiges are wearing atm as apposed to the more goldish yellow we used to wear pre 2016. If you look at alot old merch or paintings of the vfl team, it always seems be a bit more a goldish yellow rather than the bright yellow we have now. Sometimes when you're watching a night game it seems like a bunch of tradies running around because the yellow is so vibrant.

I like the darker yellow but we keep winning bloody cups post 2016 so we cant go back now. Maybe that makes this thread redundant, maybe its the off season and we need something to talk about till the cricket comes.

Examples below of houli. post 2016 on the left, pre on the right.

download.jpg Screen-Shot-2018-03-01-at-12.09.31-PM.png

If theres a similar thread about this, then close this thread.

Just wondering what everyone opinions are about the current yellow that the tiges are wearing atm as apposed to the more goldish yellow we used to wear pre 2016. If you look at alot old merch or paintings of the vfl team, it always seems be a bit more a goldish yellow rather than the bright yellow we have now. Sometimes when you're watching a night game it seems like a bunch of tradies running around because the yellow is so vibrant.

I like the darker yellow but we keep winning bloody cups post 2016 so we cant go back now. Maybe that makes this thread redundant, maybe its the off season and we need something to talk about till the cricket comes.

Examples below of houli. post 2016 on the left, pre on the right.

View attachment 762821View attachment 762822

sure groupie...

ACE214F7-9DDA-4A0D-BFAD-FB13E3CFFBC2.gif

The answer is neither. The best yellow for us imo would be something a tad deeper than the Puma yellow we have now. The current one looks too fluro at times and like you said we look like tradies in cloudy weather or at night.

We can still have vibrant yellow without it being fluro. The allanah and madeline guernseys had purple around the sash which made the yellow look slightly deeper and perfect. so lets go a yellow that looks like that

check out the otter box yellow which is the same colour as what we usually have on the sash. its terrible in cloudy light

the reflection from the purple makes the sash look perfect, and most fans wouldnt even notice if we just made it that little bit deeper

0B332E32-54C6-4282-9172-8E3CB9063A59.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The answer is neither. The best yellow for us imo would be something a tad deeper than the Puma yellow we have now. The current one looks too fluro at times and like you said we look like tradies in cloudy weather or at night.

We can still have vibrant yellow without it being fluro. The allanah and madeline guernseys had purple around the sash which made the yellow look slightly deeper and perfect. so lets go a yellow that looks like that

check out the otter box yellow which is the same colour as what we usually have on the sash. its terrible in cloudy light

the reflection from the purple makes the sash look perfect, and most fans wouldnt even notice if we just made it that little bit deeper

View attachment 762845

Secret weapon; oppos got to squint

This aside, bright yellow works

Pretty sure a few years back the club actually wanted feedback on the yellow used at the time. It was decided that supporters wanted our yellow & black to actually be yellow and not gold so they requested the strip to show exactly that.

I quite like it and I really like our clash jumper too.

1570778211918.png

1570778343885.png

Pretty sure a few years back the club actually wanted feedback on the yellow used at the time. It was decided that supporters wanted our yellow & black to actually be yellow and not gold so they requested the strip to show exactly that.

I quite like it and I really like our clash jumper too.

View attachment 762881

View attachment 762884

Clash jumper is pretty sweet

Here's a picture of my 1982 lace up, yellow looks pretty close to what it is now.

Wl26au25YeKsKBCkdf9UeanR9vnKu6u8cLL_RnGb35NxlxABcrZU-TOL5kezNWRRmczQklBlDgOMS5UvGPhz6OU3rgCQXkQjNy2Vdb96mFxg7aE5bKgm83DjX4KQ1VvAJRMna6poh4402TbkeoHQL-fWpAVjo1AtIQKDf44K4PH3JNda5fLKYC86YrZYPJHUc67s_XC9HiXZa_MF-x9avVZFjngj5xjjb8NHwjFnDsf_vwwVa1Jv63ZMa1wojA3aMN7iMA86pDPggHVr6UY_S3IIHCcy9QTh_yzQ39zRh2nMy1jrZwEN-kDugnLgmHMHC9ctN9kYZcRSq5Uh2N3scOIDAIgeMTkmRpvBo8NCSErQeEiGjUrgEpdEEsfj1waH8R_FhAOnDfPncqfGT6tHuq5ByTvBqldqN6uCobd622nUN6K_qmedcUISBUGYaIgWzegQCeDdkQRt1rQqqEIvoOf9xIVcDHjpNqfJuvvJJQ2y_m1PTdoHco_1IUOa1wJF0W9oMo_08fkWqxE9cenjnDNzoJaKcbZCWND5G9jETTgUb2n5GLlCPdP6AOCw9wYAPXiRUnI3YxVpI1zqnY0v1W_Rci1V84adHoKbLauCZyDsMP4N_uGkUd-wcxchf6tXarIYHWGwsh4PyOuhedCDFGZfEuxs88Dt3VVCV1ya2m-Nzx4KG1Bmtw=w522-h695-no

Back