Strategy Keeping a Close Eye On: Chappy, Fagan, Roo, Reid, Shutts, Hass, Hart...

Who will leave the club first:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United
Getting rid of pyke, Campo and birdman was a good start, but chappy, roo, Fagan, Reid, Shutts & Hart are incredibly lucky to still be at the club.

images.png

Will be keeping a close eye on these guys, if they screw up again, they're out.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Fagans job is to run the business which he's done relatively well, but the next 12 months will see how he is remembered IMO.

The rest are shakey

Just my opinion, but Its really incredible chappy is still there, Roo has made some massive mistakes but Fages probably deserves another chance.

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
I was happy to read in another thread yesterday that Hart is uncontracted for 2020.
I hope like hell he will not be re-appointed or even re-directed/downgraded within the Club. The Boys' Club re/appointments have got to end.

Chapman should resign after the new Coach and assistants have been appointed. ASAP!
Fagan has been ok imo but, yes, needs to be on notice.
Roo --- well, there's no doubting his passion and dedication to the Club, but he's been a serious part of the problem with the long-overdue sacking of Campo, the nepotism in appointing/promoting Burton, as well as the appointment and retention of Hart (just look at our forward line's output from 2017 to 2018 and 2019; it's a train wreck).
I was a huge fan of all three (Roo/Burton/Hart) as players, but we need better people in decision-making/coaching roles than them.
Burton/Campo are just the start, I hope.

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Reid has done a good job. Every time someone leaves he gets max value for them as opposed to the old days of Noble.

Only black mark was the Gibbs trade but that was forced on him by Fagan who ordered him to get it done.

Went too long with some senior contracts but again that was the board's decision. They decided we were still in the window for a few years.

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reid has done a good job. Every time someone leaves he gets max value for them as opposed to the old days of Noble.

Only black mark was the Gibbs trade but that was forced on him by Fagan who ordered him to get it done.

Went too long with some senior contracts but again that was the board's decision. They decided we were still in the window for a few years.

You don't think he's to blame for so many players leaving, being offered unders, keeping dmac etc?

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
*Reidys name has been added to the list as well...
Have you bother to read what finding came from the review, and if so do you have any understanding in what it takes to run a big business, Because the AFC is not only a football team in the AFL but a big business, To keep the club running we need alternate revenues and sponsorship is a large part of that,

Does the term “a culture of self-survival” mean anything to you, and if so why do you want to keep putting the club into a survival mentality. WHY are you a Port Supporter.
And have you ever seen what happens when an organisation completely removes the entire leadership structure from top-down, They cease to exist they compleyty collapse, and if they survive they are starting from a low base.
If the Crows remove everyone you ask for they would collapse and Port Adelaide would be the most dominant Football club in SA.
It would take the Crows 10 plus years to recover if they recover at all.

Fagan needs to stay the club is in a good financial position that they can afford to sack Campo, a lot of clubs are unable to do that. they are in a finical position that allows to carry out the recommendations,
Riedy position is vital to our future at this time, why would anyone who loves the club want to put unwarranted pressure on him when he is involved with the most important part of his job.
Chapman is going and would have gone earlier but the external review basically requested he stay on for 2020, But have you bothered to ask why the external review panel made that recommendation, to me, it's plain as day, Stability,

Ever stop just once to consider that the club needs some stability going forward, not only for the football department but for the Club
And how do you think the financial world react if we remove the entire management structure of the AFC.

Keeping a close eye on them what a load of Dick,
What about celebrating the wins,

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
You don't think he's to blame for so many players leaving, being offered unders, keeping dmac etc?
No. I think he gets instructed by the board what to do. Ever heard Roo talk about list decisions at the crows? They're made by the board. Roo himself is central to it.

Reid gets ordered to "get what you can for X" or "get Y as cheap as possible".

threefa9

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Have you bother to read what finding came from the review, and if so do you have any understanding in what it takes to run a big business, Because the AFC is not only a football team in the AFL but a big business, To keep the club running we need alternate revenues and sponsorship is a large part of that,

Does the term “a culture of self-survival” mean anything to you, and if so why do you want to keep putting the club into a survival mentality. WHY are you a Port Supporter.
And have you ever seen what happens when an organisation completely removes the entire leadership structure from top-down, They cease to exist they compleyty collapse, and if they survive they are starting from a low base.
If the Crows remove everyone you ask for they would collapse and Port Adelaide would be the most dominant Football club in SA.

Fagan needs to stay the club is in a good financial position that they can afford to sack Campo, a lot of clubs are unable to do that. they are in a finical position that allows to carry out the recommendations,
Riedy position is vital to our future at this time, why would anyone who loves the club want to put unwarranted pressure on him when he is involved with the most important part of his job.
Chapman is going and would have gone earlier but the external review basically requested he stay on for 2020, But have you bothered to ask why the external review panel made that recommendation, to me, it's plain as day, Stability,

Ever stop just once to consider that the club needs some stability going forward, not only for the football department but for the Club
And how do you think the financial world react if we remove the entire management structure of the AFC.

Couldn’t agree more, on the business side we are thriving and I see that as being mutually exclusive to our on field performance in that respect. Yet being strong off field would have benefits to our on field performance capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams

Do you accept mediocrity in your own life as much as you do from within the AFC?
Do you think 20 years without a premiership from a supposed power House club is some sort of fluke?

Don't be so naive.
A real supporter wants what is best for their club, not all swept under the carpet.

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No. I think he gets instructed by the board what to do. Ever heard Roo talk about list decisions at the crows? They're made by the board. Roo himself is central to it.

Reid gets ordered to "get what you can for X" or "get Y as cheap as possible".

So he's basically a puppet?

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Do you accept mediocrity in your own life as much as you do from within the AFC?
Do you think 20 years without a premiership from a supposed power House club is some sort of fluke?

Don't be so naive.
A real supporter wants what is best for their club, not all swept under the carpet.

Mediocrity, wow, that's exactly what we will become if supporters like you get there way, witch hunts has a way of doing that.
I have never seen a witch hunt work, I have never seen a witch improve anything,
the idea is to build a Club not tear them apart,

And Naive is what you are when you talk about top to bottom changes in any large organisation,
In the AFL today Club without decent financial structures do not win games, they get by,
Have you even for one minute realised that the successful clubs in the AFL are also the financial secure ones, yet you want to tear down area that the club is going well at,
And you sit here and call me Naive

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Mediocrity, wow, that's exactly what we will become if supporters like you get there way, witch hunts has a way of doing that.
I have never seen a witch hunt work, I have never seen a witch improve anything,
the idea is to build a Club not tear them apart,

And Naive is what you are when you talk about top to bottom changes in any large organisation,
In the AFL today Club without decent financial structures do not win games, they get by,
Have you even for one minute realised that the successful clubs in the AFL are also the financial secure ones, yet you want to tear down area that the club is going well at,
And you sit here and call me Naive

you're off your head, or a troll.

Back