My favourite TV shows of all time (what's yours)?

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
How many simpsons episodes have you watched since 2005?
To be fair, in the case of The Simpsons it went strong for so many seasons that you can arguably turn a blind eye to the undead rest. Some others you might have to qualify with which point the canon jumps the shark.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
How many simpsons episodes have you watched since 2005?
I would watch it on and off for a fair while after 2005, haven’t seen anything at all from the past five years. But as mentioned, the Simpsons gets a pass for all its crap seasons because its peak was the best and it did it for a sustained period. You can argue specific cut-off points but it was great anywhere from season 1-9. If you go back and watch, seasons 10 to maybe 13 or 14 would probably be better than most sitcoms today. I remember it really going off the boil for a couple years after that.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
I would watch it on and off for a fair while after 2005, haven’t seen anything at all from the past five years. But as mentioned, the Simpsons gets a pass for all its crap seasons because its peak was the best and it did it for a sustained period. You can argue specific cut-off points but it was great anywhere from season 1-9. If you go back and watch, seasons 10 to maybe 13 or 14 would probably be better than most sitcoms today. I remember it really going off the boil for a couple years after that.
The cut off point is a long debate. For me it was top shelf from season 2 to season 6. After that i notice a decline.

Back