Portfolio Collingwood Football Club 2020 Rebrand - Back To The Future

Remove this Banner Ad

KCQPwiQ.jpg

E7tmojs.jpg

I would go with the current jumper with a white number position in the back. I would only have the pinstripes on the away jumper to create a difference with the home jumper. The pinstripes would also go down to the away socks with a white hoop with pinstripes on it. The logo would be changed to introduce a new magpie that isn't used by other clubs to label themselves. Also would have the more modern CFC logo which Collingwood used because it looks less like Carlton's CFC.

The training jumpers would have the CFC logo and the new Magpie logo on it. Also would see the reintroduction of the blue training jumper, that was used in 1990, for injured players.

I have to say, I've got a strong dislike for the pinstripes on the Collingwood kits, it looks a bit cheap to me. I reckon with printing technology the way it is now, it would be better to get into subtle textures, linework and the like, similar to how you did with the Yakka training top.

Also for the clash, IMO you should be maximising that gold as a strong 3rd colour used for highlights. Black Gold and White is such a winning combination, you'd be mad not to exploit that for a clash top instead of insisting on the b&w theme.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to say, I've got a strong dislike for the pinstripes on the Collingwood kits, it looks a bit cheap to me. I reckon with printing technology the way it is now, it would be better to get into subtle textures, linework and the like, similar to how you did with the Yakka training top.

Also for the clash, IMO you should be maximising that gold as a strong 3rd colour used for highlights. Black Gold and White is such a winning combination, you'd be mad not to exploit that for a clash top instead of insisting on the b&w theme.
I disagree but I can see where you're coming at with the pinstripes. As for a gold clash, I was looking at doing a more realistic rebrand, I think if it was brought up in a meeting Eddie would throw up lol. The gold is more of an accent anyway, and I just think it wouldn't be proper for it to feature majorly on a jumper.

I disagree but I can see where you're coming at with the pinstripes. As for a gold clash, I was looking at doing a more realistic rebrand, I think if it was brought up in a meeting Eddie would throw up lol. The gold is more of an accent anyway, and I just think it wouldn't be proper for it to feature majorly on a jumper.
That won’t help.
There’s stilll no clash.
There is a clash with the Geelong jumper. I was where is the clash, Collingwood has vertical stripes while Geelong has horizontal stripes. but seeing players at different angles the jumpers do clash with the stripes being the same width as each other.

Adding Gold as a third colour goes against everything the Eddie Maguire has been fighting for. Collingwood is black and white. No third colour is needed. That is one of the reasons I changed the logo and used the black and white one.

The pinstriping was only on the away/clash jumper of Collingwood by me. It was done to create a visual difference between the home and clash jumpers other than stripes being different colours. It is also a historical reference with the Collingwood jumper having pinstripes on it for years.

My only problem with the pies kit in general is that they never really look any different from each other. I know that's a symptom of the bars, but I'd like to see something bold come out of collingwood for a clash jumper or something. There have been a couple of attempts throughout the years, but nothing that has really hit me as top notch.

Something close to your yakka training jumper you knocked up. All white or all black, with more subtle bars. Would be pretty striking, white in particular. It might look ridiculous though, I have no clue.

My only problem with the pies kit in general is that they never really look any different from each other. I know that's a symptom of the bars, but I'd like to see something bold come out of collingwood for a clash jumper or something. There have been a couple of attempts throughout the years, but nothing that has really hit me as top notch.

Something close to your yakka training jumper you knocked up. All white or all black, with more subtle bars. Would be pretty striking, white in particular. It might look ridiculous though, I have no clue.
Yeah i totally agree, something like the image attached, maybe not the gradient but have a pattern gradient which slowly fades the design would look sick. I'll try mock something up today. CM16430-2__390255460.jpeg

On SM-G960U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

So your idea of a clash is wearing bright pink jumper, cool. Sorry but I'd rather keep my team's identity rather than selling out.

Eddie hissy fit right there.^^

Caringbush?
Britannia?

Mate, a clash or other is something that does NOT clash with any other.

So your idea of a clash is wearing bright pink jumper, cool. Sorry but I'd rather keep my team's identity rather than selling out.
Wasn't your teams identity basically lifted from port?

Not a troll either, genuine question.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back