Opinion Dustin Martin is better than Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Name me a moment in Hodge's career where he was considered one of if not the best midfielders in the game. Never happened, whereas in 2017 Martin was. He's also easily in the top ten players in the league at the moment. I rate Hodge but he's a tier below the likes of Martin, Dangerfield, Fyfe.

That assessment is pretty accurate I reckon. Hodge's career was parallel to Ablett's and there was never a second when he was a better midfielder than him. Or anywhere near close to it.

If I asked him to his face, he would probably tell me to get f’ed, so I will never know by asking him. That's why we can only theorize about it. Maybe someone close to him like trent cotchin would tell me why he does it?
Why would he tell you to get f'ed? By all accounts hes a very approachable bloke, he's very humble and down to earth, certainly not rude.

Why would he tell you to get f'ed? By all accounts hes a very approachable bloke, he's very humble and down to earth, certainly not rude.

So you think if a random person approached him on the street and said "hey dusty, how come you always kick the ball on the outside of your foot, and you always snap when you kick for goal?", he wouldn't tell them to get ****ed?

So you think if a random person approached him on the street and said "hey dusty, how come you always kick the ball on the outside of your foot, and you always snap when you kick for goal?", he wouldn't tell them to get f’ed?
How could anyone on here know what his response to that would be?

So you think if a random person approached him on the street and said "hey dusty, how come you always kick the ball on the outside of your foot, and you always snap when you kick for goal?", he wouldn't tell them to get f’ed?
Be respectful, read the situation, don’t interrupt him if he’s with a friend or on the phone... why not? I get that some ex-Eagle players might be a bit paranoid or on edge when strangers approach but don’t tar Dusty with that brush.

How could anyone on here know what his response to that would be?

I don't know, but that's why I'm asking people on a richmond forum for their opinion on the matter. I don't have access to dusty and even if I did, there's no way for me to ask him that question without it being awkward as *.

Of course he wouldn't.
But then again, if he was an obvious smartass maybe yes, but a reasonable question, no.

Of course he wouldn't.
But then again, if he was an obvious smartass maybe yes, but a reasonable question, no.

Well if his responses to media questions are anything to go, I wouldn't get much of a response at all. But maybe he's a completely different person away from the cameras, I don't know.

Also, if I asked him about his haircut, which IMO makes him look like one of those velociraptors from jurassic park 3 with their feather quill mohawks, that would probably come off as obnoxious and he would definately tell me to get ****ed.

I think asking trent cotchin about it would be a better bet. He seems like an affable bloke, more willing to answer these types of questions.

It's obvious why he does it. He has a bad habit of kicking a set shot drop punt from in to out. Which makes the ball swing to the right or the odd one that hits the inside of the boot and goes left. So pretty much every shot in front or in the left pocket he will snap and bend it the other way.

Well if his responses to media questions are anything to go, I wouldn't get much of a response at all. But maybe he's a completely different person away from the cameras, I don't know.

Also, if I asked him about his haircut, which IMO makes him look like one of those velociraptors from jurassic park 3 with their feather quill mohawks, that would probably come off as obnoxious and he would definately tell me to get f’ed.

I think asking trent cotchin about it would be a better bet. He seems like an affable bloke, more willing to answer these types of questions.
WTF is your issue? You seem hell bent on trying to find issue with Martin's character.

I doubt he'd tell you to get ****ed, I also doubt he'd give you a very good answer given his description of how his tendency to don't argue came about is along the lines of 'if someone tries to tackle me I just push them away', but he'd be absolutely respectful of your question.

I doubt he'd tell you to get f’ed, I also doubt he'd give you a very good answer given his description of how his tendency to don't argue came about is along the lines of 'if someone tries to tackle me I just push them away', but he'd be absolutely respectful of your question.

Fair enough. What if I told him his haircut reminds me of the velociraptors from jurassic park 3?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heh I actually have no problem with him getting it. It's all part of the AFL machine and how it works. To say he dominated in the finals and that others were not ARGUABLY as good is nonsense. He played his role on the day against terrible opposition...Riewoldt..Houli and 1 or 2 no namers were just as entitled to win a NS but of course the "glamour " player was awarded.

Houli: 26 disposals
Martin: 22 disposals, 4 goals
Prestia: 22 disposals
Vlastuin: 22 disposals
Pickett: 22 disposals, 1 goal
Castagna: 21 disposals, 0 goals, 5 behinds
Riewoldt: 13 disposals, 5 goals

Possesions and goals. I'm not sure how you could argue he wasn't best on ground.

Possesions and goals. I'm not sure how you could argue he wasn't best on ground.

4 brilliant goals as well. Not the Joe the goose out the back for the easy goal (Jenkins). His goals come from a variety of positions nearly every single game.

YYYYYYAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWNNNN....Barry Badbreath. No Martin is not better than Dangerfield but he plays in a better team!

Name me a moment in Hodge's career where he was considered one of if not the best midfielders in the game. Never happened, whereas in 2017 Martin was. He's also easily in the top ten players in the league at the moment. I rate Hodge but he's a tier below the likes of Martin, Dangerfield, Fyfe.

In years where he actually played midfield full time, he was very highly rated, he just didn’t always play there though.

Of the two, I’d take Martin just, but wouldn’t be disappointed if I was ‘stuck’ with Danger.

When Danger won the Sunday Footy Show POTY this year he talked briefly about feeling his footy mortality after the prelim. I'm expecting a Massive year from him in 2020.

Meanwhile Dusty has talked before about a lack of motivation after winning everything you could win in '17. Will he suffer this again?

Interesting to see how this thread evolves in the next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back