FTA-TV Survivor Season 39: Island of the Idols

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently producers confirmed that nobody has been told to keep Rob & Sandra quiet. The two that went over there just decided not to tell their tribe.

Surprised the girls voted Vince when he was allied with them.

Stupid not to play the idol though when it’s only good for two tribals.
It seemed a very odd choice to me.

I can’t see a reason why

It kinda surprises me that people are so readily willing to vote out someone other than the weakest player this early in the game, especially so when voting that person out won't stop you from still having the numbers. The Indian chick should have been the one sent home, not Vince.

That said, agree that Vince not playing his idol was odd given the limitations on it

Orange curse starting to take hold? Felt like a very strong "Lairo is a hopeless tribe" episode to me, Ulong-esque in the way they're physically stronger but totally lack leadership and cooperation.

Even the core alliance is looking extremely volatile with the way Karishma is openly talking so negatively. I was reminded of a Probst line from Boston Rob's favourite season: "We're early in the game and you guys are so divided, you're in trouble come a merge. Big prediction from me, but I think I'm right." That was in a swapless era of Survivor though, which is over (or is it?).

Surprised the girls voted Vince when he was allied with them.

Stupid not to play the idol though when it’s only good for two tribals.
It gives them(Elizabeth,Chelsea, Missy, Elaine) chance to work with Aaron and Dean down the track, especially if a swap occurs.

Should have stolen their flint
This! Wreak some havoc! Throw socks in the fire!

Vince was far too passive for Survivor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently producers confirmed that nobody has been told to keep Rob & Sandra quiet. The two that went over there just decided not to tell their tribe.
I think Rob and Sandra are coaching them how to lie about what goes on at IOTI so that they can hide their Idols/no vote.

Plus it's not as if the existence of Rob and Sandra changes how it goes. The person going to IOTI already has a target on their back.

Oh I forgot the idol had limitations. I was thinking if I was in his spot I probably wouldn't have played it either but with it only valid for one more tribal council, damn, how could you not play it.

I think he got voted out mostly because he was the weakest guy. Girl alliance needs some brawn to try and win challenges.

Dumb from Vince not to play it but he wasn't going to last anyway.

Still dumb of the tribe to keep weak challenge players - if you win challenges you don't go to tribal.

They are definitely told to keep it secret. And it may well have cost Vince his spot in the game, although we didn't see what he told people coming back to camp. Seems like it puts a target on the people sent to IoI when they are essentially forced to come up with a lame cover story. Although all that being said he should have just played his damn idol...
1570738921546.png

They are definitely told to keep it secret. And it may well have cost Vince his spot in the game, although we didn't see what he told people coming back to camp. Seems like it puts a target on the people sent to IoI when they are essentially forced to come up with a lame cover story. Although all that being said he should have just played his damn idol...
View attachment 762459

That’s odd because they definitely said on RHAP that producers had said they weren’t told to keep it quiet.

What’s with the flash forward?
Totally understand Karisma’s spiel about bring Indian. First Indian on Survivor
Vince reminds me of Colton “imma play with the girls”
I feel like being gone overnight is too long for Vince. Poor guy is just having bad luck in the game.
Watching Vince go to the other camp makes my wonder if this happens with locals.
Waking up and see a cameraman just staring at you. Creeps me out.
The balancing portion of the challenge is brilliant. Really cool.
Karisma has no clue how to do a puzzle
Karisma collapsing under pressure.
And agree with other posters, should have taken Karisma out. But they don’t know that Vinces idol only lasted two TCs.

There’s no doubt being sent to idol island makes you a target, particularly in these early stages of the game.
When you come back you almost have to use your idol.

Well, given how short-term it is, if you've even got a whiff that anyone might vote for you, you better play it.

And that dumb move was compounded by not being honest about IOTI. Whether there's production and/or Rob and Sandra intervention going on here it was an even more obvious choice than the previous two. Wouldn't coming clean about it immediately shift the focus to Elizabeth? I'm not sure if it's dumber than taking on Rob in a fire contest, but it's up there. Now Elizabeth is sitting pretty for the moment after a couple of the strangest moves you could imagine.

Not sold on this season as yet. The whole 'everyone's keeping the secret' and Elizabeth's decision to accept the challenge... it's feeling too contrived. Surely they needed to make the Elizabeth/Rob challenge a two parter involving a swim or something before the fire just to make it realistically tempting.

When everyone's making decisions that seem utterly irrational, it becomes a bit difficult to get invested.

Did they even show Vince returning to camp? Don’t recall seeing it, think that was edited out. Was curious what his explanation would have been for staying overnight.

It kinda surprises me that people are so readily willing to vote out someone other than the weakest player this early in the game, especially so when voting that person out won't stop you from still having the numbers. The Indian chick should have been the one sent home, not Vince.

That said, agree that Vince not playing his idol was odd given the limitations on it

It was a 50/50 shot wasnt it- could only play it that night or the next one.

Very stupid really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back