Strategy Our Next Senior Coach: 2019 & Beyond... is Matthew Nicks

Our next senior coach...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We've been after Vozzo for years.
I posted in the no discussion thread a few months ago that he was keen to come back to Adelaide.
Yes, but that's not really of any true value is it. In fact I'd go as far to say your opinion is up there with stories emanating from dinner parties with Beau Waters' mum.

We should get dylan stephens in the draft. A fast left footed midfielder. We need someone else other than chayce jones with pace.

Pyke didn't have an "extra" coach until this year when Campo's duties were moved to an entire team role and Godden was brought into oversee the midfield. We didn't actually change the number of coaches we had though, O'Keefe was let go as SANFL coach and Heath Younie took the SANFL coaching duties back into his management portfolio.

Basically we had an extra because they wanted a new position created for game day strategy since Pyke was struggling there. Losing that role leaves the same number of coaches Walsh had and Pyke for most of his tenure.
Or... did they create it to get Campo away from the players?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or... did they create it to get Campo away from the players?
From what I was told Campo was even more involved with the players this year as the group had requested Pyke back off them a bit, so Campo took over more of the player reviews during the week. The problem was he decided to do that job he had to be ultra negative and critical, so the players never really got the break they were after.

From what I was told Campo was even more involved with the players this year as the group had requested Pyke back off them a bit, so Campo took over more of the player reviews during the week. The problem was he decided to do that job he had to be ultra negative and critical, so the players never really got the break they were after.
I worry that we the outsiders think we’ve got rid of the people that were the cause of all our problems when they actually might still be there.....

I think we’ve chosen our coach. Just getting everything else together before announcing everything at once. Head coach and assistants and new football head plus results of review

Coach was picked earlier in the week. Hence why we haven't traded anyone we actualy would like to keep. Senior cLub officials need to find a more discreet spot to lunch with him. Journos should be on the ball And bribing staff at known eateries used by club.

I worry that we the outsiders think we’ve got rid of the people that were the cause of all our problems when they actually might still be there.....
If you're talking about the players themselves, they have a part to play, but you also have to remember that they were promised a lot of changes by those people who are no longer here and not many of those promises were actually delivered.

We seem to be intent on replacing our departures by way of the draft. That being the case, I assume the need for a coach's input into our trade period mightn't be as necessary this year as it is in most years.
If I was our coach I would want to be talking to jenkins. Jenkins issues was with the old coach and walkers mates. If a relationship can be salvaged with him, it's worth it.

Nah they're all gone now, well Roo isn't but he will be. He's been told to stay out of the day to day stuff.

I live up here and sometimes get intel....😜. Mostly related to the Lions or our players who go there... sometimes re the crows.
I know you get info and that you have "inside" contacts. Its one reason I follow and listen to what you have to say. I also follow the players at the Lions that have either played with the Crows or have come from Glenelg. There are few up here now and they are having an impact.

If I was our coach I would want to be talking to jenkins. Jenkins issues was with the old coach and walkers mates. If a relationship can be salvaged with him, it's worth it.

No, that one isn't worth salvaging at all.

Not because Jenkins is a bad player, but we should be doing everything in our power to move tall forwards on. Fogarty needs game time, so does Himmelberg/Frampton should we get him.

Very similar to Betts, where the best option is to just get him off our books, wish him luck and hope for his sake he can get another 2-3 years at this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back