Strategy Our Next Senior Coach: 2019 & Beyond... is Matthew Nicks

Our next senior coach...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did. I explained how they aren't wasting his time.

Ok I'll explain it to you.

The first half of my sentence said:

"Its either still to be decided"

So, if they are genuine, as Harvey believes, then the AFC have a competitive process and hasn't made a decisions as yet. It could go either way, and Harvey may well end up as coach.

The second half of my sentence said:

"Or they are wasting Harvey's time"

In the case where the AFC are not actually genuine about their meetings Harvey, ie they've actually already made their decision, and are just reached out to for whatever reasons. Then this doesn't help anyone and its a waste of Harvey's time. Why would this happen? Well this happens a lot, especially with the Adelaide crows. Previous applicants have stated that they didn't believe the interview process was genuine and that the AFC had already decided on their person. The administration would want to atleast appear like they've spoken to everyone and often in these sorts of recruitment processes, you get senior people popping up saying you have to speak to XXXX. The AFC would then go through the motions to make sure the hiring process was thorough, objective and that they spoke to everyone that was recommended.

I don't actually know which way it is. However, getting a late call to interview for the very first time last Wednesday sounds a little fishy.

My preferences in order are Harvey, Nicks, Yze and then burns. Wouldn't be disappointed with either of the first 3

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think Harvey is a ripper bloke but has never struck me as senior coach material; can I ask why he is #1 on your list?

(I was hoping Harvs had decided senior coaching wasn't for him, and we'd been talking to him about becoming Footy GM)

Last edited:
I think Harvey is a ripper bloke but has never struck me as senior coach material; can I ask why he is #1 on your list?

(I was hoping Harvs had decided senior coaching was for him, and we'd been talking to him about becoming Footy GM)
I just read up about him especially Eades comments about him being ready to coach. His exact words were he gives very strong feedback, he actually develops good relationships and he is very good at his craft. I was also interested how he said his public persona at times is very quiet and he doesn't project himself but he is not like that in his coaching. Also read somewhere about pendlebury praising him saying that he has good tactical awareness.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back